• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mystery Of A-Ri

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why are people saying it is a mystery about A-Ri in the Royal Rumble match? I am just re-watching it now and I can categorically say that he was eliminated right before Ezekial Jackson enters. I don't think it was meant though. You see the look of concern on both Kofi and Cena's faces when Riley drops from the ropes and then you see the refs talking about it on the outside.

It stands to reason that the Cena elimination was impromptu decision by Riley and The Miz probably. I also have a feeling that Riley told Miz about the plan because he quietens down right quick after Riley is done.

I probably think that he was supposed to have some part in it but not in the way it was supposed to go down. There is certainly something fishy about what happened.

The latest is that Riley was supposed to stay in when he was eliminated and he legit slipped off the ropes. The fucktard has to be one of the only people in Royal Rumble history to have fucked up the "you guys try and get me over the top rope while I sandbag you" spot.

I remember a post KB made about wondering what happens when someone gets eliminated when they aren't supposed to. Riley fits that bill. Glad to see he fucked up by slipping on the apron.

If we are judging wrestling by the "it looked good considering ..." standard, a lot of people owe TNA some apologies. It was about as good as they could hope for after the fuck up though.

If we are judging wrestling by the "it looked good considering ..." standard, a lot of people owe TNA some apologies. It was about as good as they could hope for after the fuck up though.

You're smart enough to know that botching a spot and recovering it is far removed from some of the problems that TNA have encountered.

lol, alex riley

The man's a walking botch.

He should be the one dating Gail Kim, not Daniel Bryan.

Though I found it humorous (as I rewatched the Rumble) that Miz said "Riley is being smart" or something along those lines and he wasn't in the ring haha.

Yeah, Kofi and Cena definitely had a, "Wait... what now?" look on their faces.

I anticipate more comes out about this later, but I'm hard pressed to believe Riley was going to have some sort of role in eliminating Cena. Perhaps the roles would have been reverse, Miz would have distracted and Riley would have eliminated, but even so I find that unbelievable. Riley has eaten about 20 RKO's when he thought Orton was properly distracted, I feel like Cena would have just dodged Riley and tossed him over the top. Then again, maybe THAT would have opened up Cena to being eliminated by a more legitimate wrestler, like Wade Barrett.

Miz eliminating Cena was pulled off great. I don't know what match you guys were watching. It was made even better by people pretending the Royal Rumble rules aren't always played fast and loose.

I can't recall Alex Riley being eliminated either. Fishy stuff indeed. It could have been worse though. Just imagine if Vladimir Kozlov botched up like he did on Raw that time with the Usos. That would have been a Rumble moment to remember, not to mention that they'd cut the hell out of it on the DVD and we'd probably be staring at Sign Guy for minutes on end until there's a plausible moment to continue showing the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back