The music VS thread

Twiztid Rodimus

Pre-Show Stalwart
Okay, I am a HUGE music fan, and would love to get some more threads going about music. And I love to debate and see other opinions on certain things.

So to kick this off. I want to throw some VS battles out there, Musically, and see what you guys think.

People always compare groups and such that dont really compare. So I will come up with ones that I am most interested in hearing opinions on. Record sales do NOT APPLY.

Judas Priest vs Iron Maiden
Priest: 20 albums
Maiden: 15 albums

Each very, VERY similar in style and their influence on Metal/Rock music. They could very well be considered the two greatest Metal groups of all time. Each adorning t-shirts for about 30 years.

But which is better.

I have favorite songs from each.

Priest:
Breaking the law
Between the hammer and the anvil
PainKiller

Iron Maiden:
Aces High
Number of the beast
Wasted years

If I had to pick one, I have to go with Maiden, The subject matter, Lyrics, and image has never strayed from its roots, and the intensity they hold has never wavered. Where Priest has experimented with lighter subjects and tones,Maiden stayed true. So my pick is...

Maiden.

Rush vs Kansas

Rush: 19 albums
Kansas: 14 albums

In a genre that has a niche that is never truly cut out to a certain sound or boundary, Rush and Kansas in my opinion stand head and shoulders above other progressive groups.

Once again, two bands that have a very similar sound. But there are things that set them apart, and its their catalogs, And songs. The lyrics of Kansas to me were more subtle, whereas Rush was more spaced out and varied.

Fav song from each:

Rush
Tom Sawyer

Kansas
Icarus (Bourne on wings of steel)

In a very odd way, The one aspect that sets the bands apart, and allowed me to pick my winner, is the instrument that I adore over all other, and the fact that he is one of the best in the world.

The drums.

Neil Peart brings out something in Rushs songs that others from that time couldnt. SO my pick is,

Rush

Marilyn Manson vs Nin

Marilyn Manson:7 Albums
NIN: 8 Albums

Innovation, Dark imagery, grotesque lyrics and subject matter dwell within BOTH bands. But who brings it better than the other?

I give the innovation more to NIN, Since MM came from Trents inspiration and tutelage. But I give Manson the edge for trying new things with his sound, and never taking any kind of compromise with his imagery and sound.

Trent himself is a better song writer, Though I find Manson much more interesting that he isnt as straight forward with his lyrics, Metaphors are a biggie to me, and Manson has them strewn throughout most if not everything he does.

Fav Songs:

Manson:
Crucifixtion in Space
Sweet Dreams
Angel with the scabbed wings

Nine Inch Nails
Dead Souls
Just like you imagined
Reptile

Other ideas I have:

U2 VS Rolling Stones

Megadeth vs Metallica

Blink 182 vs Green Day

Beatles vs Led Zepplin

Nine Inch Nails vs Tool

Fear Factory vs Pantera

No Doubt vs Paramore

I have ALOT of other VS things I like, but Im curious of your opinions on these and come up with your own.

Lets get the music talk up and going more on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back