• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Movies & TV Forum Needs You!

I did indeed. I don't know, man, it just seemed really forced to me. The acting was good but I just thought that it didn't make sense for the most part. I took issue with the pacing and some of the decisions that were made throughout.

Still, I was not impressed.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

It wasn't the greatest film ever, but it was a pretty good ode to Australian exploitation and exploitation films are some of my favorites. It wasn't exactly a film made to be taken serious so I had a lot of fun with it.

Yeah, I have to agree. Looking back on it now, I can sort of tell that it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. That being said, that is no reason to be lazy with the writing and that is the prevalent thing I got about this movie. It just seemed to be lazy. Well done laziness nut laziness all the same.

That being said, I did enjoy the movie. It just didn't hold my attention when I was trying to get involved. Maybe another watch would set the record straight but it has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Ok, fucking brainwave here Dave, pay attention.

Some dingleberry has started a thread in your section called Movie Roundtable. It sounds rubbish. But it's a cool name to a thread. Why don't you start an actual Movie Roundtable?

You have 5 people or so watch a movie during the week, and then come on here to discuss it, with you feeding them questions to encourage discussion. You'd pick a time when everyone could be online and make it "live".

You could have regular panelists with different tastes as well as guest panellists who are funny and insightful, but perhaps not the most reliable and cant make it every week.

You could pick controversial movies or classic or new releases, and some of the banter could you, you know...fun.

It was also save for people having the slum out one great big review post, and just comment on parts of it, in a non spam way of course.

Fuck I want to kiss my brain.

Ok, fucking brainwave here Dave, pay attention.

Some dingleberry has started a thread in your section called Movie Roundtable. It sounds rubbish. But it's a cool name to a thread. Why don't you start an actual Movie Roundtable?

You have 5 people or so watch a movie during the week, and then come on here to discuss it, with you feeding them questions to encourage discussion. You'd pick a time when everyone could be online and make it "live".

You could have regular panelists with different tastes as well as guest panellists who are funny and insightful, but perhaps not the most reliable and cant make it every week.

You could pick controversial movies or classic or new releases, and some of the banter could you, you know...fun.

It was also save for people having the slum out one great big review post, and just comment on parts of it, in a non spam way of course.

Fuck I want to kiss my brain.
MRC that sounds great. The original thread sucks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back