• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Movies & TV Forum Needs You!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
uncle-sam.jpg

Yes, you there, my good man.

As you may or may not know by now, I have moved from the WWE section to the Movies and TV section of the forum in regards to moderating. It was a hard thing to convince the admins to give me the opportunity, given that the section doesn't get an awful lot of traffic. However, we know that this is an easy problem to rectify and I am calling on anyone who wants to help me to post here and a PM will be dispatched to you about the ideas I have for the section.

Why a PM you ask? Well, you know the Cigar Lounge Society, right? Well, this is a good idea, like it or not. The NWS sections don't get a lot of traffic and if I can have a group of people who are committed to making the section shine again, then I don't see the problem. It will be a better CLS without the abrasive nature and complete hatred from the outside world...

Still, I am hoping that some of you are interested enough to help me out.

Thanks, fellas.​

You know what the main problem is with the TV and Movie thread, let alone the entire NWS Section in general? The problem is that the veyr idea of it ruins any traffic that it could possibly generate.

Firstly. It's far out of the way. Most people who aren't new on here come to bullshit in the Bar Room or General Spam or whatever it's called. To go out of that forum and into a new one for movies and then into another for music is just too hard for lazy people like me. It's excellent that it is all segmented and organized, but this is actually counter-intuitive to people wanting to discuss.

The second problem with it is in the name. Non Spam. When people want to bullshit about movies, having to put clear and precise meaning behind everything sort of saps the wittiness of the banter. It makes the whole environment of the forums very sterile, which is great for the Cigar Lounge, discussing serious topics, but not for screaming at each other that Die Hard 2 was just as good as the original.

I don't post much but if there's one thing I have a passion for it's movies and television, I'll start giving the section a gander and feel free to shoot me a PM.

You know what the main problem is with the TV and Movie thread, let alone the entire NWS Section in general? The problem is that the veyr idea of it ruins any traffic that it could possibly generate.

Firstly. It's far out of the way. Most people who aren't new on here come to bullshit in the Bar Room or General Spam or whatever it's called. To go out of that forum and into a new one for movies and then into another for music is just too hard for lazy people like me. It's excellent that it is all segmented and organized, but this is actually counter-intuitive to people wanting to discuss.

The second problem with it is in the name. Non Spam. When people want to bullshit about movies, having to put clear and precise meaning behind everything sort of saps the wittiness of the banter. It makes the whole environment of the forums very sterile, which is great for the Cigar Lounge, discussing serious topics, but not for screaming at each other that Die Hard 2 was just as good as the original.

I hear you, man.

Which is why I think it would make sense to have a bullshitting thread in the GSD and a more "official" thread in the M&T forum.

As far it being too far out of the way, there is nothing I can really do about that. All I am here to do it to try and generate some discussion and that wont happen with people sitting on their hands. A lot more will happen if people actually are committed to the idea of making it better. I know there are times when people just want to bullshit and that is why a bullshitting thread in the GSD is a good idea. It allows people to post about movies without having to come up with a non-spam post.

As someone cooler than me might say: Fo sho'.

As long as you attract the right kind of poster, that section can thrive. That's not a thinly veiled racist remark.

In any case, with this recruitment, you want people that post regularly to get the traffic up. Thats a given. But mixed in with them, you need people that are actually...you know interesting.

Even if Sam or Jake post 1 movie review every 3 weeks, people are going to read it more than what CENAFAN2212 thinks of every new release.

Also, someone with film cred like Tdigle to watch the German films that no one else will.

Also, you should bring your fine sassy self Dave. You should probably rename it the Thunderdome too.

Mark my words, I will never... EEEEEVERRRRRR post in a Dave run Movies and Television section.

Or maybe I'll post in there later. Especially if we get a lot of cool new threads.

I'd be up for giving it a go as I'm a film buff. I was planning on reviving the Buffy review thread that I never finished. Or might start a new one.

Count me in. Been expanding my posting range from just the MMA forum to the entire NWS sections.

Fuck you, you gave Sucker Punch a 1/5.

To be fair Sucker Punch was never the type of movie that would appeal to more than a small cult following, I knew just based on the trailer that it would get ripped apart by the majority of people who saw it, Sucker Punch is one of those movies that you either really love or just can't stand

Mark my words, I will never... EEEEEVERRRRRR post in a Dave run Movies and Television section.

Or maybe I'll post in there later. Especially if we get a lot of cool new threads.

You mean like the one I just posted in there?, the Punisher reboot thread

I'm likely going to do more like that whenever the mood strikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back