The most pressure?

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
Every year in the NFL many teams undergo changes that are either major or minor. Right now I am going to focus on three teams who in my opinion are all going to be tested big time this year. Those teams are the Colts, Ravens, and Arizona. Yes, there are a ton of other teams who have had changes in their coaching staff as well, but these teams are playoff teams with Superbowls implications.

All three of these franchises have been to the Superbowl once in the last decade. First, would have to be the Colts. They lost Dungy, and Moore a long time offensive cordinator for Manning. We all know what Dungy did for the defense in Indy, and we all know how well Moore ran the offense alongside Manning. Neither Dungy or Moore will back next season or even the season after. Where does this leave Manning especially since he has no more Harrison?

In my opinion this will be the greatest test Manning has ever faced or will ever face, and that is "change". For Manning to prove he is one of the best he has to win in the face of adversity. Some of you may not like this next comment, but I will say it anyway. Ben Roethlisberger is my opinion is the best QB in the game today, and I don't meant that in all the top passing statistics. Ben has had 3 different offensive cordinators, and also a headcoaching change. He has two superbowls. Proving he knows how to win in the face of change. Manning lost Harrison, but Ben lost Burress, and Randle El in their primes.

Even though Manning will go down with great passin statistics this season will truly prove whether or not he is the greatest of all time. Manning had a long tenure with Dungy/Moore, and not many other QB's in the league can say that have had that honor as a QB. It is no longer those three Wise men, but now just one lolnely gun-slinging QB, Peyton Manning. I wouldn't even say that a Superbowl win would have to be the answer, just carrying the team again like last year would be enough for me to say he will be the greatest of all time when it is all said and done with. I want to see if Manning can keep up the strong consistency.

Next on my lists would have to be the Ravens. Yes, Flacco had a great season as a rookie, and yes he should have been ROTY. However, this team lost Rex Ryan along with Bart Scott, and many other key players. This ain't about players though. Ryan was, or is a defensive guru. Leaving the Ravens could make for a huge blow to the team. Obviously the team knew they had to sign Lewis to call the shots for this season, and the years following until they were confident with the successor of Ryan.

Defenses can be delicate, and they are constantly trying to develop or adapt to the offenses in the NFL. When you lose such a strong decision make like Ryan it can have tremendous implications. I guess we will see yet another great player tested? Like Manning, Ray Lewis is going to have to carry to team deep in to the season, or until Flacco is comfortable. Don't get me wrong I like Flacco, but I don't think he is anything to get goo-goo, gah-gah over. I'm sure he will progress in to something solid, but this year may be to early. Flacco made a ton of mistakes last season.

That is why I feel Lewis will have to keep the defense in tact. Ray Lewis no matter what was always in a position to having a solid defensive cordinator since he has been a Raven. Not to mention like Manning had a nice supporiting cast. Guys like Scott, Boulaware, Suggs, Ed Reed etc... were and are still great players. Plenty of other names that I know I am missing, but you get the point. Right now I wouldn't call Ray Lewis the greatest LB of all time, unless he takes this team deep into the playoffs this year. At this point the best LB of all time is still Lawrence Taylor.

My final team the Arizona Cardinals are in some deep shit. They lost both their offensive/defensive coaches. This is a huge hit to the team, but at the same time Whisenhunt is an offensive minded coach anyhow, and so is Grimm. So, in turn Grimm could become the next offensive headcoach. Which means they might not have to much of a problem there at all.

Right now there defense is the main issue. They are coming along nicely however, and they should be better overall this year as opposed to last season. Yes, losing both cordinators is hard to come back from, but I think too much will be riding on Warner's shoulders. This will lead to a horrible season campaign, and probably missing the playoffs. The NFC West is going back to the Seahawks. Whisenhunt is going to be tested this season big time. No, he isn't even close to being considered the greatest of all time in anything with coaching yet.

However I will say this. In two years he took this team to the Superbowl. This isn't or wasn't his team for starters. He hasn't really been there long enough to have built his own team, in his image or liking. Proving that he understands the game very well. At one point he was going back and forth between QB's each and every week. Ken makes great decisions, and I think he is going to have to make more decisions under pressure again this year. Again he comes in to yet another Cardinal season with some question marks.

He has beaten the Steelers before, and has a strong upset over the Cowboys as well. I'm sure beating the Patriots is on his list as well. I think Whisenhunt will crack under pressure, and thus the Cardinals will have a high 2010 draft pick in which they take the QB of the future since Leinart was a busts. After just coming out of the Superbowl run it is likely that this team will have a huge hangover. Historically speaking this is the most common thing to have happen to a team coming off a Superbowl appearance. Whisenhunt has to choose whether or not he wants test his running game, or pass to Larry, and Anquan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back