• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Miz works as a Heel at Live Event

Mr. Book This Section

Getting Noticed By Management
Source: PWMania

- As seen at the WWE live event in Belfast earlier this week, The Miz turned heel and cut a promo on the fans before losing to Kofi Kingston. Word is that the heel turn was just for this tour of Europe because they were short on heels. Miz will likely be back to working as a babyface on WWE TV next week.

To be honest, I really hope that Miz stays as a Heel after this performance because Miz is really dry as a face and doesn't do much. I will be their when they come to Birmingham and would mark out if Miz is heel.

Is Miz better off as a full-blown heel? Yeah, because I honestly don't see any big changes in his current "face," tweener, or whatever the hell he's supposed to be character. Miz is still a snarky dick with an ego, so I didn't have too much sympathy for him, when Randy Orton beat his brains out a while ago.

Miz's face run is loaded with too many problems. For starters, I don't remember (unless I'm missing something) that one true moment, where Miz actually turned face (beating up a heel, standing up for himself, coming to someone's rescue during a beatdown, etc.). It's like WWE decided to put him in front of a live crowd one night with a "CHEER THIS GUY BECAUSE WE SAID SO!" mentality. Second, Miz still maintains a lot of his heel mannerisms. How many times have we seen Miz go out of his way to push someone's buttons on Miz TV?

And most importantly, Miz was exposed for being a serviceable mid card heel during his WWE Championship run. He plateaued way too early, and I don't care if he landed the main event spot at Mania 27. WWE used him as a fall guy to help set up Rock VS Cena for Wrestlemania 28, and it's as simple as that.

So IF Miz is on his way to being a full time heel again, then yeah, it's a better fit for him, because the face turn was (and still is) a disastrous failure. Miz's persona is better suited for the heel role, but don't expect some kind of resurgence for his character. Triple H and Stephanie are the two most dominant heel characters on the roster, Randy Orton is the top wrestling heel in WWE. And Lesnar's return is coming soon enough, so Miz would fall further down the totem poll until Extreme Rules, and with Cena as WHC, you know there's no chance in hell of Miz becoming WHC, especially with Wrestlemania season around the corner. Maybe a few mid card title runs for heel Miz in the future, but that's about it.

Well, it's the usual problem: most folks on this forum prefer everyone as a heel......and from what we read, most performers prefer to play bad guys, too. But before we turn all the guys into doers of dastardly deeds, remember that there have to be an equal number of faces, so the heels will have someone to fight.

In the case of Miz, I prefer him as a good guy. For one thing, I never understood (from a character standpoint) what in hell he was so angry about. He always seemed more like a game show host than a guy who wanted to wreak havoc on people (and had a stint as the "host" of Smackdown to back this up).

As a good guy, he's used that acid tongue of his to put heels at a disadvantage during Miz TV, forcing them to lash out and leave Miz lying. Other times, he got away with it and made the other guy look bad.

In the case of his recent house show appearances, I've read that the roster has gotten a bit out of balance with too many faces, so Miz switched to evil-doing to balance things out. Hopefully, (imo) we'll continue to see him stir up trouble as a good guy on the main TV shows.

The Miz is better as a heel. The WWE have a face/heel imbalance with all but one of their top guys - Orton- being face. It really is a no brainier. They have to turn The Miz because then he can get back to the level that he displayed when he was US and then WWE Champion.

There are no shortage of feuds for him either. Cena, Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, The Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Big E all face. Potentially guys like Sheamus, Christian, Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio and Chris Jericho likewise. He is never ever going to do anything significant with that kind of competition. He turns heel and, in my opinion, he is already the second best on the roster (only behind Orton)

I understand he does a lot of good P.R for the company but I'm sure they can find someone else. The Miz is just someone that is very easy to hate and portrays the arrogant heel extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back