The Miz Is The *NEW* WWE Intercontinental Champion...For Some Damn Reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I fucking hate The Miz, this actually almost makes sense.

Why? Think about the feud between Sheamus and Miz, the one they totally blew off that was supposed to end with Sheamus Brogue-kicking Miz right in the mush. That feud kind of just disappeared, didn't it? Well... now Sheamus is the US champion, Miz is the IC champion, they could pick right up where they left off, and go ahead and get that damn title unification out of the way while they're at it.

I agree with some of the things that were said...the IC and US titles are irrelevant in the eyes of the WWE...my suggestion, as I have made it before, is to put these titles on someone that matters, like Cena, Ambrose, Reigns, or even Rollins, and have one of them pull a mid carder to main event status...that way, the title becomes relevant again and gets some fan interest...remember when Savage and Steamboat fought for the title and when Hulk and Warrior fought...that was when those belts truly meant something...now, it is just for some mid-card player to have until he unceremoniously drops from sight and relevance.

I think with Miz winning it perfectly sets up Wade barrett to return as a face. The whole "moneymaker" getting screwed up from a bull hammer would be fun. Miz, I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

I'm not a fan of short title runs and I'm not really sure why Ziggler only had a month with the belt. I suppose it could have been a reaction to Roman Reigns being injured- freeing up Ziggler to feud with bigger names- but that's unlikely.

The Miz has had a great few months. The gimmick works brilliantly because we can imagine him acting in such a mannger 24/7. The Miz is clearly one of the most hated guys in the roster and is fine heel. Where this title run goes is impossible to predict.

I wouldn't be shocked if he drops it to Ziggler immediately. Indeed, after he is done with Ziggler then there are a few names I'd like to see him feud with. Swagger is an obvious name but even a match against someone like Christian could be enjoyable. I'll be optimistic and say the reason for The Miz holding the belt is so he can drop it to a more desirable face. Sami Zayn is the dream choice but even Adrian Neville coming up and taking the title would work.

Yeah I guess I was being way too fucking optimistic. What the fuck is this about? Are they hoping that hot potato-ing the title is going to increase viewers?? What kind of b.s. is this?

That's what I'm saying! On Raw too, if it was another PPV it'd be less of a big deal. I was expecting Trips to come out and restart the match or something. Add to that the fact Ziggler in essence beat Miz and Sandow(he interfered like 2-3 times), this is just bad -.-

I don't understand the hot potatoing either. Should I be happy Ziggler won, or prepare for the Miz to take back the title in another 3-4 weeks

At NOC, The Miz defeated Dolph Ziggler to once again win the Intercontinental Championship and I can only ask the question...why? This makes The Miz a 4 time IC champion and I honestly can't understand the reasoning behind this. They've gone as far as they can with this feud with Ziggler and Miz's time as IC champ has been pretty damn abysmal in the past. He's had 3 runs with the title and all 3 runs have been extremely lackluster, so I don't understand why they'd go in this direction. How does Vince McMahon expect fans to get excited about an IC title run they know is a dead end right from the beginning?
It doesn't matter, as Zig Zag won the belt back on Raw the next night. Which what you really want to ask is why the heck did he lose it in the first place?

Didn't they do the same with Miz and Barret?

Anyway WWE has been on a heavy decline as of late and this again is just one thing that discredits their ability to book. Just look at the mess that the end of NoC was. Now when RR comes back we literally have 3 people going after Seth Rollins. What the intertwined-storylines fuck? Tho I'm sure by the time RR comes back he will have magically forgotten that he was setup to have a match with his backstabbing former brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back