The Mighty Boosh

Oh dear good no!!! My other half loves The Boosh but, to me, it's just a load of horse-shit. I think Simon Amstel summed it up best on Buzzcocks when he said to Noel Fielding "Unicorn coloured rainbow of smoking squirrels" (as an example of The Boosh humour). The thing is I find Noel to be rather funny when he makes it up on the fly (such as Buzzcocks) but, to me, the show's greatly over-rated.

Now, Inbetweeners, that I can dig!

It's ok. Some bits are hillariously funny but others are just plain shit. The problem is Noel Fielding just isn't a genuine funny guy, it's almost like he tries too hard to be funny and comes off looking weird. His recent Live At The Apollo performance is testamont to that. Julian Barrett is often the comedy element throughout most of the episodes and he gets it right. I'm not saying its bad, it's just not as great as people make out. However the episode where they get stuck on the Island with only 'Milky Joe' for company is brilliant.

As for Best British comedy to grace the earth??? Not even in the top ten.

I'm surprised it's not more popular in America. It's a comedy show that's not funny, Americans love that kind of shit.

If a show is surreal throughout it's shit. They basically have nothing to say so they come up with some funky names, have some talking animals and people buy it because they perceive it to be cool.

It looks a lot better than it is, all because of Paul King.

The Mighty Boosh is just great, can you see where I get my name from?

Anyway, I wouldn't go as far to say it's the best British comedy though, it's good but it's not that good. Anyway have you seen any of the live editions; there just great especially the one lie at Brixton.

I'm surprised it's not more popular in America. It's a comedy show that's not funny, Americans love that kind of shit.

^^

THIS

I've tried several times to find it funny, and I just don't find it humorous at all. It's addictive viewing, but it's not funny. It's like Scrubs or several other sitcoms in the USA. If I made a list of the best british comedies, Mighty Boosh wouldn't be on it. I've heard good things about the live tour, but then again I also heard good things about the show. Overated and doesn't make me laugh, so it's shit.

The Mighty Boosh is just great, can you see where I get my name from?

Anyway, I wouldn't go as far to say it's the best British comedy though, it's good but it's not that good. Anyway have you seen any of the live editions; there just great especially the one lie at Brixton.

I've been waiting for you to say that for like a month or two :lmao:
You get it from the episode where the spirit of jazz is haunting Howard Moon whenever he plays an instrument and Vince gets into a band, Vince makes one of the band members annoyed and he quits so Howard joins. They then sing a song where the chorus is :
I am electro boy
I am electro girl
Do i win?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back