• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Meaning of Life

Ferbian

Has Returned.
It's a very very wide subject I know that. There's a lot of definitions to what people would refer to as the meaning of life. And there's even some that are completely unaware of what the meaning of life is. It is indeed a thing that the world has pondered upon for many many years.

Some connect this to a discussion of religion and god. They say that god has all the answers, and that it is the only key to finding out the meaning of life. That you will realize the meaning, when you die.

Also some have their own assumption of what the meaning of life is. Something like "living life to the fullest" or "money" etc. All kind of different things. And neither of the answers are completely true, or completely wrong.

So to the purpose of this thread: What is the meaning of life, to you?

To me, the meaning of life is just to live life to the fullest and enjoy it as much as you can. I honestly don't think that there is just one meaning of life that everybody needs to discover, I think to every person that it's different. If your entire life was spent looking for the meaning of life it would be a waste of time, and it would completely defeat the purpose. I'm not a very religious person so to me this isn't at all connected in with heaven, hell, or god, it's just a way of having a purpose in life... y'know? If there was no meaning of life, then what is the point of living?

The meaning of life is a hard question to answer because the meaning of life can basically be about anything and people have different perceptions on it. I think people are still pondering over what the meaning of life actually is. In the end, I think it’s just a matter of people’s perspectives, it’s one of those questions that do not really have an answer to and we just have to go by other people views.

The Meaning of life to me is basically to enjoy life every chance you get. We didn’t get put on this earth, to sit around at home and do nothing with our lives. I believe we were put on this earth to experience new things and to take risks. Risks are a huge factor in life. We take risks every day in our life. If we don’t take risks, we will not succeed in anything. Taking risks helps you move forward in life.

Then we have Regret. I try not to have any regrets. Regrets can eat up at a person and then that’s it with there life. Try and not have any regrets. If your going to do something, make sure it’s what you want. You don’t want to go back and say “I wish I hadn’t done that”.

It’s also about having fun, and not take things seriously. I find people take things way to seriously even if it’s not meant to be taken seriously. Don’t take life for granted. Don’t take your family, friends, grandkids, children for granted they are what life is all about.

Most importantly, “Believe”. No matter what others may think, stand up for what you believe in and be proud of who you become. Believing is the most important thing in life. I say this because people who don’t believe in “God” I don’t think truly understands what it means to believe. It’s not about rather or not there is proof he exists, it’s about believing and imagination.

We were put on this earth for a reason and make every second count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back