The last great debut of a wrestler

spinningtorturerack

halfnelsonfullnelsonwilli enelson
I was reminiscing on Jericho's debut and just in general how there was a lot more hype on attitude debuts (don't mean to be a attitude shouter, honest!). But this brought me on to the thought that not many debuts are spontaneous any more, and are more formulaic in having videos and hype before hand.

I would also like to just say that I completely understand it is most likely down to the internet that it is the way it is now, how there are barely any surprises unless it is on a live show, and even then we have an inkling. That is not the point I am asking.

What I am asking is this:

Who had the greatest debut (all wrestling feds, I'm just a WWF/E nut, don't judge me)?

And, more importantly, when was the last time a there was a really good debut?

I'd have to agree, I think Jerichos debut beats pretty much everyone.

Recently, wrestlers don't get great debuts. The Uso's had a pretty good one, then the 'E fucked it up.
I did enjoy Santino's debut, 'cos it was a bit different.
Seriously though, it's all I can think of, and these guys are the shit heap of WWE.

I would say Tazz and Chris Jericho's debut's were the best. Jericho's debut was hilarious due to The Rock whereas Tazz was just bad ass when he debuted and choked out Kurt Angle.

i liked Goldbergs Debut, its nothing compared to Jericho's n Tazz's(even though they dropped the ball on him) but yea thought Goldberg was badass interrupts the ROck, UR NEXT then spear!

I gotta say I loved Lesnars debut. This unknown beast coming out of nowhere with no big fanfare, Completely destroying al snow then maven and then triple powerbomb on spike dudly!!!! Loved it!!! What a monster

I think Chris Jericho's debut in WWE must go down as the greatest debut of a wrestler ever. The build up, effects and execution was perfect. The interaction with The Rock just added to the epicness. Even his redubt in '07 was brilliant

Jerichos debut was a good one.

My favourite though has to be the WWE/F debut of Tazz, coming in and ending Kurt Angle's undefeated streak at the Royal Rumble in 2000.

The WWE on-screen debut of DDP was pretty good as well, when he revealed himself to be the person who had been stalking the Undertakers wife.

Going a bit mroe 'old-school', Kane also had a very impressive debut (you could make the same point for anyone who came in and immediatley destroyed Taker)

Id have to say Jericho, no doubt....Kane had an awsome one too...Undertakers wasnt "awsome" but creepy..lol..But Kanes and Jerichos were both awsome..

Gotta give a shout out to Tazz...pretty awsome

Scott Hall in WCW........it was shocking, entertaining, and had me wondering WTF! for weeks following........the beginning of the greatest angle of all time.

Kane and Jericho's are tied for number 1 for me. Kane had an awesome story behind his debut and was built up perfectly by the WWE. Jericho was just awesome in how he interrupted the Rock. Way to make himself known.

Goldberg was awesome. Coming out and spearing the Rock. Great way to make an impact.

Brock Lesnar. Destroyed everybody he came in contact with.

i loved Goldberg debut in WCW. when he fought Hugh Morrus. At that time Hugh Morrus was on top of his game and was a pretty decent upper Mid-Card wrestler (if that makes any sense). I remember when i first saw this match i was like "Damn that dude is big, to bad they gonna make him job to Hugh Morrus cuz I see potential." Then out of no where when he was getting beat.....bam Goldberg beats him with the jack-hammer...man I jumped out my sit in amazement cuz i couldnt believe that this nobody just beat Hugh Morrus. okay then the next week came and he fought the Barbarian..I said okay there is no way this guy gonna beat Barbarian, they just beat the Steiner brothers...even though it was a sloppy ass match he still won..right then and there i knew that dude was gonna be a mega star. The single match that made him into a "mega star" was when he defeated Sting clean in my opinion..all and all i feel that was an amazing out of no where debut

HORNSWOGGLE! I mean the way he debuted was off the charts....Ok joint wore off imo I agree Y2J cutting The Rock off was best debut to date, enertainment/awesome wise I mean :)

I liked Kane's debut. With Paul Bearer bringing him to our attention beforehand and seeing the Undertaker's reaction when Bearer said Kane was alive was great and really made you wonder what the dude would be like. Then when he came out and ripped the door off the Hell in a Cell and tombstoned Taker was pretty sweet too. A good debut for a monster.

Props to Jericho and Tazz's though...if there was more than one decent promotion we would probably see more debuts like this.

I Have to agree with llennell (?), Carlito had the greatest debut of the post- attitude era. Virtully unknown, apart from the entertaining vinignettes (i really can't spell that word), then appears in Boston (Cena's Hometown), Cuts Cena's (Hometown Boy) Promo off, then beats Cena in his own backyard (With Cena's chain none the less), for the title = Instant Heel.
Real Shame that he wasn't given the push he deserved...I'm just Sayin...

There is no doubt about it Jericho's debut was awesome it was confrontational and very entertaining..
But i do think the debut of Rey Mysterio was epic too the build up to him coming and from watchin him in WCW you knew the good times were coming

my vote for last great debut goes to Alberto Del Rio, he had vignettes similar to Carlitos and comes in to beat 2-time world champion rey mysterio cleanly... pretty solid to me

Jericho's debut in WWE was probably the best debut in recent memory. Even though Bret Hart coming back after 13 years was monumental, the debut left a lot to be desired. I think Angle's debut in TNA is the best debut in the past few years. See for yourself.

[YOUTUBE]Jnpp2VFO-VA[/YOUTUBE]

I'll go with Hall & Nash in WCW, because it really felt like an invasion by the WWE. The way they came through the crowd & their names weren't really used. They'd attack the announcer's table, & Nach powerbombing Bischoff @ the PPV before Bash at the Beach. There were even segments when the cops were brought out to chase Hall & Nash away. Really well done, & the storyline that followed is still one of the greatest in wrestling history.

Jericho and Tazz had the best debuts in the 'E, but the LAST great debut has to go to The Nexus. They completely decimated the ring and attacked everyone in their path. it was such a great debut due to its shock value and overall impact. since then, Nexus is pretty much the only thing interesting in the wwe and are probably the best heel stable since Evolution

one that really got me pumped was ric flairs redebut in WWF/E in late 01 or early 02 (i forget exactly) it just got me finally pumped up for something coming good out of the WCW buyout.

see all them people u named mostly had promos and great build ups into coming to there promotions.....I said Goldberg because he didnt have all that..he didnt have any promos and gimmicks and a good build up---he just came in and whipped ass from the start out of no-where lol...now thats a debut

Anyone remember Bobby Lashleys WWE debut on Smackdown? Simon Dean was in the ring talking about his Simon System and how hes better then everyone, this was when he was beating up jobbers every week. The ring announcer gave Lashley awesome credentials and a really long list of achivements, Lashley came out looking like a monster and just obliterated Simon and I thought it was awesome even to this day. You could look at Lashley that day on Smackdown and know he was going to go on to be a big name and do big things in wrestling.

Without a doubt, Chris Jericho's WWF debut is by far the greatest wrestler debut of all time. The whole "Millennium Man" mystery (which grantede wasn't much of a mystery but still) was great. The countdown was great (and was awesome as an regular ring entrance). The music was awesome. The whole interruption of The Rock's angle. It was just THE perfect debut, and I think spelled the beginning of the end for WCW as the guys not getting pushed over there saw what kind of promotion and creativity WWF was capable of.

Too bad nothing after that came anywhere close to being as great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back