The Last Airbender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCYFUR

Dark Match Winner
So I recently saw the trailer for The Last Airbender. I watch the cartoon alot and thought it would not come out looking that good, But I was wrong. The movie looks really good and I for one will be going to see it once it comes out.

So my question to you all is if you have seen the trailer what is your take on how the movie will come out. Will you go see it the day it comes out?

I could not find the trailer for this movie until right now. So I hope you enjoy for those who have not seen the trailer here it is for your viewing pleasure

[YOUTUBE]SxbHooiZRGE[/YOUTUBE]

I really am super excited for this movie to come out. I will definetly be on of the first to purchase tickets when it comes out. I hope you all will let me know Your opinion towards this movie.

Avatar is one of the best things Nickelodeon has done in recent years. They managed to give us a well-made, fun-to-watch cartoon that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. I love the show, and it's easily one of the best non-Japanese cartoons out there.

When a movie was announced, I really couldn't believe it. It was the last thing I expected, especially not a live action film directed by M. Night Shyamalan. However, I've heard Shyamalan is a fan of the cartoon, so I'm sure the movie is in good hands.

I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it turns out well.

Avatar is now one of my favorite cartoons other then Drangon Ball Z. And now that the movie is coming out I'm very excited about it, espacially that the movie will be live and not animated, The trailers are awesome. I really can't wait until July 2. Also I really think that Shyamalan did a great job as the director.

I loved Avatar ever since it came out.I saw every episode and was always on the lock out for the new ones.I can't wait for the movie but i think they put the wrong people in some of the roles.Every time i think of the movie it reminds me that the show is over so it kinda pisses me off.

i hav seen the trailers and the cast thats on it even tho most of them dont look like the actual characters i think that it is going to bee a good movie.
all im looking forward to is the graphics on the bending and how this martial artist kid plays aang

i hav seen the trailers and the cast thats on it even tho most of them dont look like the actual characters i think that it is going to bee a good movie.
all im looking forward to is the graphics on the bending and how this martial artist kid plays aang

I agree with you. for me two of the roles should have been reversed, But that is just my opinion. the two roles that should have been reversed are Jackson Rathbone as Sokka and Dev Patel as Zuko. They should have made Jackson Rathbone Zuko and Dev Pate as sokka. Overall I still think it will be a very good movie.

Avatar The Last Airbender has become my favorite cartoon ever since I saw it. I am fascinated with how Aang can manipulate the 4 elements. I was happy to know that a movie is coming out. But I am looking forward to how the director, the story, the scenes, the soundtrack/music and the cast will be consistent with the original. It would be successful if it follows the original and if there should be modifications, it will be minimal. I hope it won't be disappointing to the fans.

I never watched the cartoon, but recognized the trailer from the show and merchandise in stores. I then looked it up on wikipedia to learn more about it. Definitely am interested in seeing the movie now. What also brings interest to me about this movie is that its a Shyamalan work. It is different than anything he has done to date. As for seeing it the day it comes out I doubt I will, I hate going to the movies these days for openings, people just don't know how to shut up and watch the movie being shown. I'll see it after it has been out for a few days, probably at one of the last showings for the night or just got to the drive in.

So before I saw this movie, I was joking around with a buddy of mine about it's low rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This movie is currently rocking a 9% on RT, even lower than Dragonball, which sat at a ~20% at opening, now dwindling at around 13%.

My initial complaint with the movie was the cast. Why litter the cast with white actors? This wouldn't be a problem in any other situation, where the subject material has an asian character that's portrayed by a white/black/whatever actor in any given movie. The reason I have a problem with this is because the entire Avatar universe is set in a highly Asian-style culture. Even the movie set was created with Asian influences. But I'm seeing a bunch of white kids running around pretending to be Asian, and it's completely destroying the suspension of disbelief.

The second problem I had was the completely arbitrary name changes. For some reason, he (being M. Night Shaymalan) just changed the pronunciations of a bunch of characters, if not completely changed the names entirely. Aang, pronounced "ong," Sokka, pronounced "Sokko," Zukko being so fucked up that I can't even remember, Iroh, pronounced "Eee-roh." Like, why? It's not like this movie was being made for anything other than fan service(***). So why change what the fans know?

The acting was wooden, the CG was very meh, the fight scenes were mediocre, all the characters' personalities were changed, so all of a sudden, everything that made Aang likable (being playful and happy) was gone, making him a super-serious emo all the time.

Aasif Mandvi was cast as the central villain, General Zhao.

For those of you who don't recognize the name, allow me to clarify. The Indian correspondent from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart was the central villain. Ask me if I really took that seriously. It was like watching Mission Impossible 3 right after watching Along Came Polly. Those of you who have seen both of these movies know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Just stay away from it. If you're not a fan of the show, you're going to hate it. If you ARE a fan of the show, you're going to hate it. Just... don't see this movie.

(***): You know, I don't think any kind of effort went into this movie. I think the guys who made this movie put as much effort into the movie that was put into movies like "Marmaduke" and "Furry Vengeance." They thought, "Oh, The Last Airbender is just some kids' show on Nickelodeon," so they figured they could just do whatever the fuck they wanted and release a piece of shit under the radar, right under Toy Story 3 and Eclipse so that no one would even notice. The producers made a buck, the studios made a buck, M. Night Shaymalan made a buck, and fans of the show got absolutely shafted. Another day at the office for Hollywood.

I couldn't agree with you any more. This movie was utter rubbish from start to finish. Even with the understanding that it is meant for children, whoever wrote the script needs to be shot. The dialogue was exceptionally poorly done. It wasn't just written for kids, it felt like it was written BY kids.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE MOVIE!

I saw that movie and this is what happens when M. Night Shyamalan tries to write and direct a movie. He is so bad that was the only movie that has bored me to sleep. I think I could do better as a director and they should have Mike and Bryan, the guys who made the show, write the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back