The Kirby History Thread

a7xoff

GLaD I'm not you...
Alright so I figured I'd do this after all. The point of this thread is going to be for people to read up on Kirby games, as many of them are mostly unknown. I will start at the beginning and work my way through the main Kirby series, then after all of that is finished I'll go into cameos and what not that Kirby has had...

The first game is Kirby's Dream Land: Released in Japan April 27, 1992 and in North America August 3, 1992.

Kirby's Dream Land
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

, known in Japan as Hoshi no Kirby (星のカービィ, Hoshi no Kābī?, lit. "Kirby of the Stars"), is a platforming video game developed by HAL Laboratory, Inc. and published by Nintendo for the Game Boy handheld video game console. It is both the first video game in the Kirby series and the debut of the Kirby character.[1] It was first released in Japan, and was later released in North America.[2]

Kirby's Dream Land was designed by Masahiro Sakurai, then an employee of HAL Laboratory. Sakurai intended for Kirby's Dream Land to be a simple game that could be played by beginning gamers.[3] As the inaugural Kirby title, Kirby's Dream Land created many conventions that would appear in later games in the series, including Kirby's basic moves. However, Kirby's trademark "copy" ability would not appear until Kirby's Adventure, released less than one year later.

Personally I still love this game. It was one of my first Gameboy games, and it still provides a lot of fun for me. My only complaint is that it is not long enough, I can beat it now in fifteen minutes or less without getting hit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back