• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The KillJoy Rants: Subliminal Messaging

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Back in school this topic was brought up a lot. Seemingly to get us to stop listening to certain music. Don't know what I'm talking about? OK, take this visual aid I found:
[YOUTUBE]F_4pXusde8s[/YOUTUBE]
Weird choice, I know. But it gets to the point. Some people use this for the same reason the fat guy wants you to smoke. To sell his/her merchandise. In music, its different. Some songs actually carry a message that when having the song played in reverse can be heard. Since our school was religion based, the adults would look at this as satanic. Well some of the messages were, others were just plain ridiculous. The reason I rant about it is because they say these messages can have a negative influence on a person's sub-conscience. To me that was kinda dumb. They always made emphasis on how Rock music was the most "influenced" with these messages. There were many other genres that were presented but Rock was the highlight. Saying this influences your character seems dumb to me because I am a huge rock fan. Among my favorite bands are the likes of Metallica, Rise Against, Korn, The Prodigy and Godsmack (weird tastes, I know). I seem to be considered a very well behaved boy (aww). Sure I have my "problems", but these are in no way related to the music I listen to. My question is: What do you make of this? People playing pranks on their music? External forces on tape? What is this?

[YOUTUBE]zwFiBWbegFM[/YOUTUBE]

As you could see from that video, the only legitimately recorded backwards messages were meant as a joke or to add ambience. The English language is complex and many things sound odd or distorted when backmasked. It's only people who go LOOKING for subliminal messages that find them. If I hadn't had the words to help me in that video I wouldn't have known what the messages supposedly said. I still can't hear the backwards message in the PokeRap.

Backmasking is fun, but don't put any stock into it.

Regarding the second video you posted, if Zeppelin had put that in the song intentionally im sure they would have whatever they put in make sense.

Of course there's subliminal messaging, in advertising especially. The tactics in which they use is different now though. Decades ago they would hide a message in a radio spot, appearing for just a split second. Or a commercial ad would have a picture appear for a tenth of a second before disappearing. I think the best examples of entities that used subliminal messaging was the military and big tobacco. They both kept doing this throughout the 50's and early 60's.

Nowadays it's much more subtle. Things aren't hidden in television or radio anymore, no freezeframes with a picture of Uncle Sam telling you that the Navy wants you. I think messaging is hidden in plainsight. Our culture is obsessed with celebrities. We emulate and idolize their clothing, appearance and lifestyle. There are multiple outlets taking advantage of this. Designers are touted on redcarpets, celebrities are given free luxury vehicles just to be seen in them. Somewhere, someone wants you to buy something. They go through the proper channels and their product is now being used by your favorite band, or appears on your favorite television show. Marketing is a very detail oriented business, and the people behind it now where to put their product and when and who's going to buy it.

Subliminal Messaging isn't used the same as it was 50 years ago. Of course the Navy still wants you to join, and of course they are trying to tell you to do it before you've decided your going to, but I don't think that with the growth of television since it's conception that this kind of thing would be allowed. That's why messaging is far more in your face now. And it works just as well, people are still buying the overly priced clothes and the newest television which is none better than the one you bought last year. Whether you know it or not you are being influenced.

Subliminal messages are BS. Why the fuck would an artist spend hours trying to put a secret message into a song, when they are so influential that they could do damn near whatever they wanted and get away with it? Michael Jackson. All evidence pointed to him being a child molester, but he was still loved by the masses. I like him, too. He was the tits. Chris Brown. Beat the living shit out of Rihanna. There are still girls out there who would drink his bath water with a bendy straw. Chris Benoit (anyone notice that people with the initials 'CB' are violent?). Killed his family and himself, out of pure cowardice, and still people hail him as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Steve Austin. Wife beater. And everyone still looks at him as a legend.

The point I'm trying to make is that if celebrities wanted you to do something, or follow something, then they are so influential that they could just come out and say it and you would have no qualms with it. Some might even follow them. For example, in school social zones 4 years ago, if you were even thought of being a bisexual girl, you were laughed at, picked at, beat on, and not even ugly, nose-picking Bobby would leave a smiley face on your MySpace pics. Then, in 2009, all of a sudden public bisexuals Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga come out, and it's all of a sudden cool to be a bisexual girl. Now I'm not complaining, I loves me a good threesome, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Same with skinny jeans. 10 years ago, you would have been raped with a rusty spoon if you were rocking bright ass colors and tight fucking jeans and called yourself a hip-hop fan. But then, all of a sudden, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, and this "jerking" shit comes out, and it's cool to be a walking bag of Skittles. There's nothing wrong with that, I don't judge, but the point I'm trying to make is that people are so influential that they don't have to whisper to make something known. Shit that people call "subliminal" are often just edited, complete unintentional ironic coincidences, or misunderstandings.

JKO, Benoit was had the mind of a 70 year old Dementia patient. It wasn't cowardice, it was insanity. Nice try though. :thumbsup:

Subliminal messaging is only seen by a few people.

1) Those who believe the entire music industry is a demonic enterprise. They are the ones who accuse every recording company of having a back room that is full of enchanted tapes that are used to record the music. The tapes are the things that make us promise our lives to Satan after listening to "Neun und Nuen Rot Balloons." (or 99 Red Balloons for you uncultured peeps.)

2) Parents who are afraid of TV or other forms of entertainment. For you see, parents are too lazy to raise their own children. They let the TV and Xbox do the raising. So they think that the chosen fallback should only have what they believe is right. Too bad that the TV is aimed to entertain, not raise children.

Anyway, my point is that parents look at the TV and Xbox and see evil when they're afraid their child may not be learning the right ideas. Instead of telling your child "Dressing like a ****e and killing your classmates is bad" the parents blame subliminal messages in Britney Spears/Lady Gaga songs and games like Grand Theft Auto.

Today's "Subliminal Messaging" could be underlying symbols, though.

What is a military commercial? People kicking ass. Not people getting shot at. Oh yeah, and it's full of heroes.

What is a fast food commercial? Smiling children and people who totally aren't fat.

What is a beer commercial? People being happy, and really cool, cultured people. It used to include hot babes at pool parties, but now it's just hot babes in the bar.

What was a cigarette commercial? The coolest of the cool.

What is a anti-drug ad? YOUR LIFE WILL END IF YOU LOOK AT WEED.

We've moved from subliminal messaging to an era of reinforcement of subtle ideas. Not 1 second image pop-ups, but rather 3 minute ads that consist of nothing but "These are the consequences of you using drugs. YOU WILL DIE AND SO WILL YOUR FAMILY. YOUR PENIS WILL FALL OFF."

Those clips are firstly mostly bullshit, and without the words you'd never hear them, and they are also not subliminal messaging. Subliminal messaging is when they used to flash up images during adverts in the 60s so quickly that you didn't make them out, but they entered your mind. Nobody is capable of listening to Led Zeppelin and immediately deciphering what it says backwards whilst listening to it going forwards, it isn't possible.

Subliminal messaging is too easy to catch out now so they can't do it anymore. Nowadays advertising is a lot more obvious, and it has all the subtlety of a brick, especially American advertising, where the regulations are much, much slacker. Subliminal messaging is a dead art, and backwards messages in songs would be far too hard to do it and make it sound like an actual song, even if it wasn't completely bollocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back