The Jason Segel Appreciation Thread

jmt225

Global Moderator
ek22kn.jpg

This dude has been BY FAR the best comedic actor of the last 15 years. Just look at what he's done.

Had a predominate role in one of the greatest shows ever produced in Freaks and Geeks, stole the show in every episode he was featured in in the highly lauded Undeclared sitcom, is a star in the 2nd most successful sitcom on television since Friends has gone off air in How I Met Your Mother, starred in instant comedy classics such as Knocked Up and I Love You, Man, written and starred in the best comedy of the last 5 years in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and wrote and starred in the new critically acclaimed Muppets Movie. And on top of that, he's a wonderful musician. There isn't anything this man cannot do. Sing his praises in this thread.

[YOUTUBE]76aHMIZc_C0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uSzjbYomSWA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]o6-FL_G-VTA[/YOUTUBE]

Among the cast of HIMYM, I could just tell this guy's timing, delievery and expressions were the best. Jason Segel is someone who not only has his range in the comedic field of corn but anyone who thinks he can do the funny only, I shall point them to the episode where Marshall finds out his dad just died outside the bar and his reaction.

He is a brilliant actor, I am sad I am not aware of his earlier stuff and will be launching a crusade soon to discover them all.

Also, he was crunk in I Love You Man.

I approve of such a thread.

The guy is pretty much my hero, he is so underrated and I hate that he doesn't get more recognition. He's done a ton over the years and made me laugh harder in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I Love You Man than anything I've ever seen. My friends and I are pretty much clones of Segal and Rudd in I Love You Man so he's a major influence for me, love him.

The guy is pretty much my hero, he is so underrated and I hate that he doesn't get more recognition. He's done a ton over the years and made me laugh harder in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I Love You Man than anything I've ever seen. My friends and I are pretty much clones of Segal and Rudd in I Love You Man so he's a major influence for me, love him.

I will never walk behind your dog.

I thgink one things about Segel that I always liked, and I'm only referencing all the episodes of HIMYM, is that he can pull off being very subtle and absolutely over-the-top with such ease. A lotta comdeic talent has this problem of being super-loud and get typecasted. As good as he is with his funny-man exploits, I'm pretty sure he can pull off a dark and somber role with much-a-strut.

Jason Segel is by far number one in my fave five of actors. I absolutely love the guy and he is nearly brilliant in everything he plays in. JMT, brilliant idea. Praise this man! And it may be early, but what is the most successful sitcom since Friends if HIMYM is one? I'm sure it is blatantly obvious but I'm stumped.

He made a new Muppets movie. This man deserves sainthood and I've never seen anything else he's in other than one episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Definitely my favorite character in HIMYM only edging Barney by a hair. And I agree with Nate, Bad Teacher was tolerable because of Segel and the Muppets movie was pretty awesome because of Segel as well.

Judd Apatow either has a great eye for talent or developing talent. Segel brings an everyman/kid quality to his work that is consistently appealling. More than anything he does acting, I really want to see what he does next with his writing. The guy would probably make a good producer as well.

He has a new movie coming out where he plays a guy who is engaged for like 5 years. It may actually be called The Five Year Engagement. Can't remember but the preview looked pretty good.

And it may be early, but what is the most successful sitcom since Friends if HIMYM is one? I'm sure it is blatantly obvious but I'm stumped.

Two and a Half Men.

I've never seen a single episode of it myself, but its popularity and success is mind-boggling. Even with Ashton Kutcher that show still delivers absolutely stunning ratings.

And KB, you should definitely check out Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Trust me man, you'll love it. In fact, it's a great movie to watch with Becca next time she's in town (or if you're in the UK).

Dracula's Lament said:
It's getting kind of hard to believe
things are going to get better
I've been drowning too long to believe
that the tide's going to turn

And I've been living too hard to believe
that things are going to get easier now
I'm still trying to shake off the pain
from the lessons I've learned

And if I see Van Helsing, I swear
to the Lord I will slay him!
A-ha-ha-haa! Take it from me
I swear I will let it be so! A-ha-ha-haa!!

Blood will run down his face
when he is decapitated...aah!
his head on my mantle is how
I will let this world know:

How much I love you--
die...die...die!
(Pause)
I can't.

Greatest Dracula themed song ever. Not only did Jason Segel write the screenplay for Sarah Marshall, but he composed this song too. Guy is funny as hell, loves puppets, and can compose music. Call me a fan.

Segal's definately hilarious in HIMYM but I haven't seen his other works. Is he in Two and a Half Men too? I dunno because I have only seen the first season till now but it's also very good. Charlie Sheen is awesome in that show.

Segal's definately hilarious in HIMYM but I haven't seen his other works. Is he in Two and a Half Men too? I dunno because I have only seen the first season till now but it's also very good. Charlie Sheen is awesome in that show.

Segal is definitely NOT in Two and a Half Men, he's way above it.

I'm hesitant to say he's the best comedic actor in decades, but he's definitely up there. The guy automatically elevates the level of any movie he's in.

I'll be crucified for this, but I am honestly not that big of a fan of the guy. That said, I give him props for his work on HIMYM, and that fact that he helped write the new Muppets movie definitely moves him higher on my list of actors I like. Also, SLC Punk is probably my favorite movie featuring him, that or Slackers.

I'll be crucified for this, but I am honestly not that big of a fan of the guy. That said, I give him props for his work on HIMYM, and that fact that he helped write the new Muppets movie definitely moves him higher on my list of actors I like. Also, SLC Punk is probably my favorite movie featuring him, that or Slackers.

The f*ck?! Segal isn't in SLC Punk! Is he? That was like one of the most weirdly wonderful things I saw as a 19 year old...and it had Marshall?!

I got sick of HIMYM ramming Barney down our throats, especially when Jason Segel was out-performing. I love the dude, definitely my favourite actor in HIMYM and I fucking love Alyson Hannigan. We should have more appreciation threads.

Was he in that? I've seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I'm not sure me watching that with my crush on Kristen Bell with Becca next to me is a good idea.

Was he in that? I've seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I'm not sure me watching that with my crush on Kristen Bell with Becca next to me is a good idea.

I would have probably been more concerned with Jason Segel's full frontal nudity, but that's just me...

He's the guy who decides that everyone's car would look better without any windows.

tumblr_loejlnW3lt1qirjoeo1_500.png

He also had a bit part in Can't Hardly Wait.

Watch-Jason-Segel-Cant-Hardly-Wait-Video.jpg

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3621128 said:
I got sick of HIMYM ramming Barney down our throats, especially when Jason Segel was out-performing. I love the dude, definitely my favourite actor in HIMYM and I fucking love Alyson Hannigan. We should have more appreciation threads.

Segel has become the star of the show in my mind. Sure Barney plays that role of our "favorite" character but we've really seen Segel break out into his own and become arguably the most versatile character on the show. Not sure what season you stopped watching, but it has been clear (to me at least) that they stop forcing Barney to you and allow you to focus on the others. Then again it is my favorite show on TV, maybe I'm bias.

No love for Neil Patrick Harris???

Oh don't get me wrong, NPH or Barney is still the man, however he has been getting a bit old lately. The last couple of seasons he has had the same jokes. Season 7 he looks a bit more fresh but.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back