• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret"

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
David Cross wrote & starred in his first comedy series "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret", which is currently just about to start showing it's second season/series over here in the UK.

It's set almost entirely in the U.K & Cross plays a businessman working for Dynamic Integrated Business Solutions, who's been sent over to England to market a new Energy Drink, "Thundermuscle". What Cross doesn't know is the drink is awful, harmful & also, kinda radioactive. Will Arnett plays the Boss whose every other word is pretty much "fuck", but if you get past this excessive swearing, you can realise why it's there.

Todd, among his journeys, as the title suggests, makes many poor decisions throughout his time in the UK. I'm only a series through and so far, he's lied about his Dad being dead, he's said he used to spend his summers in Leeds, where every weekend he'd go to the Park, eat a Roast Dinner & then watch The Who (family ritual). Being dropped straight into the marketing, he doesn't realise how bad Thundermuscle really is and starts spending money that nobody has and manages to make £30,000, in counterfeit money (Helen Mirren's face is on the banknotes).

It's a pretty damn funny show actually, with Season 2 premiering in the UK next Tuesday. I'm not sure if it's shown over in the US, but if it is, I'd like to know what you guys think about it? Have you seen it, did you enjoy it? Personally, the British humour mixed with the idiocy of just one man works really well and there's some great supporting characters (Will Arnett, Colin Salmon) to drive it along. Having only 12 episodes and 2 series', it's not very long either, which makes a change on most things nowadays.

So yeah, anyone seen it?

I've not got round to watching it, Lillyhammer currently has my attention, but it keeps popping up on Netflix so my curiosity will likely get the best of me. I just watched the first Arrested Development episode again and I didn't realise how much I missed Cross' portrayal of Tobias, so seeing him and Arnett team up again is quite an intriguing thought.

It is good if you can see through the fact you know it's all gonna go tits up pretty quickly. But in my honest opinion, it's one if the funnier comedies I've seen this year.

I like the fact that the show stars the criminally underrated Sharon Horgan and also Neil from The Inbetweeners, but Cross's humor doesn't translate well into a British sitcom (which, let's face it, is what he's trying to make). I hope more American comedians go this route, though, because someone's bound to nail it (oh, and thank you for taking Andy Samberg off of our hands).

Season 1 I thought was decent but it didn't really standout at all. I just decided why not watch the first episode of season 2 since I was running out of shows on netflix. It was really good IMO as I ended up watching all 6 episodes straight through. Much more laughs this season as they found a better balance between plot and comedy for this type of show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back