• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Decisions decisions... your one stop shop for your favorite characters

JGlass

Unregistered User
I think we can all agree that many of the best games out there give you an option when it comes to picking characters. There are traditional fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and Street Fighter, Nintendo classics like Super Mario World 2 and the Super Smash Bros. series, RPGs like Final Fantasy and Pokemon, and open world exploring games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Even some classic games you wouldn't normally think of give you choices, like Sonic 3 where you can choose between Sonic, Tales, or Knuckles, and Streets of Rage where you can choose between... erm, the white guy the black guy and the chick.

I'm sure I'm leaving a bunch of games out of here so feel free to include them. I figured instead of making a bunch of threads asking people who their favorite character is in each game, we could just combine them all in here.

My choices:
Classic Mortal Kombat: Johnny Cage. He's a goofy type of character but a bad ass fighter. I love his low blow move.

Newer Mortal Kombat: Le Mei. She's quick and she has an arsenal of moves that allow you to attack your opponent without giving them much time to recover.

Soul Calibur: I'm a Talim fan. Once again, she's quick like a cat and she's able to attack the enemy and get out of range before they can counter. Honorable mention goes to Astoroth.

Super Smash Bros.: Usually I like to use Marth, he's got great smashes, he's good at edge guarding, and his counter move is very useful. That said, I've found that I'm quite competent with Donkey Kong as well.

Pokemon: It's hard to choose just one pokemon that you enjoy using, but I always enjoyed water pokemon, and Lanturn is a good choice. It gets rid of electricity's advantage over water types and it can learn ice moves to take down grass and it already has the water moves to take out ground.

Super Mario Bros 2: By far my least favorite Mario game. I mean, you don't even get to shoot fireballs in this and in the end the whole thing turns out to be just a dream! Whoops, spoiler alert. But when I'm playing this game I'm hard pressed not to use Luigi. Having his epic jump makes things so much easier.

Sonic 3: Gotta go with the original gangster, Sonic. Sure, Knuckles can fly and climb walls and all that jazz, but Sonic is the faster of the two and he can use all the special moves the shields provide you.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: In the first one it's hard not to pick Wolverine. Every character has similar moves, but Wolverine has a unique bunch after he fills his rage meter up. Deadpool is also a lot of fun because of his teleportation abilities and his weapon based moves. In the second one my favorite is probably Phoenix, she just owns. Her powers are amazing and if you team her with Wolverine, Storm, and Gambit she has three amazing fusions and you get the X-Men team boost. Not too shabby.

I'm sure there are tons of other games I'm leaving out here, so feel free to add your own.

Special thanks to The Natural for inspiring this thread with his Favorite Mario Kart Character thread which you can read here: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=148631

Super Smash Bros Series: I used Luigi for all of them. I didn't really play the original until I bought it on the virtual console, but I used Luigi. In Melee, however, I reigned supreme with Luigi. I can say with conviction that I was nearly unbeatable with him. The only thing I never managed to do was beat All-Star mode on Hard/Very Hard, but I could beat anybody that was put in front of me. Never managed to get as good in Brawl , but he was still very easy for me to use effectively.

I also used Samus abit in Brawl. Her Zero suit form was really good.

Pokemon: It's been a few years since I played a Pokemon game, but my best was always Typhlosion. I had one in my Silver version and the thing was an absolute tank. You really can't go wrong with any fire type, but the starter ones were always beasts. An honorable mention also goes to Empoleon. Didn't spend as much time on the fourth gen. as the others, but the combo of water and steel was awesome.

James Bond; The world is Not enough: I'm probably one of the only people on the planet to prefer this game over Golden eye, but I do. I usually used Baron Samedi, but eventually ended up using Tuxedo Bond. Baron Samedi's top hat was pimp, but nothing beats Bond in a tuxedo. It's a damn TUXEDO!

Mortal Kombat: I used Reptile back in the day, don't really know why. I was only like ten years old though , so it was most likely the fact that he was a ninja. Come to think of it, I still only use the three original ninja's (Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Reptile).

I'm also not embarassed to say that I marked out hard playing as Batman in MK vs. DCU. Sure the lack of violence sucked major dick, but the ability to use Batman still had me giggling like a twelve-year old girl. I'll give up decapitating guys anyday if it means I can whip out a mean back hand Bat-a-rang.

Donkey Kong 64: Probably in my Top five games of all time, and I always used Lankey Kong. His goofieness , the ability to walk on his hands, and his over-all charm made him my go-to guy if I didn't need to use any specific Kong.

In case you didn't notice, I prefer using characters because I like them over their skill, although Luigi was the perfect combo of them both.

Those are all the series' off the top of my head, but I will add any if I think of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back