• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The "I'm a college student and i have tons of papers this final week" thread.

Kermit

the Frog
I'm assuming that I'm not the only college student browsing this forum. So i thought we could all congregate and share our grief of this final week(s) that lay before us in college this semester. As usual papers pile up, and the pressure of summer makes us want to procrastinate.

So i want to know what all of you have to do this week, and maybe even share some studying habits or special things you do in order to focus on your papers.

I am currently having to do the following:

3-5 Page Literary Analysis over the Glass Menagerie.
5-7 Page Controversy Paper.
12-15 Page Shakespearian Comparison & Contrast paper over two of his plays.

I'm generally really good at writing papers. I can produce an "A quality" four page paper in forty minutes. It just comes natural to me. It's the sitting down and starting part that is trouble for me. I either need silence, classical music, or death metal screamo in order to write a paper. I can't handle people near me when i write because i get too distracted.

So how about any of you?

I graduated last year, but I always loved finals week.

You have no classes outside of your finals, so you had a ton of time to yourself. I just always had a couple bottles of crown or a constant beer supply and did all my papers I had while sitting around with friends at my fraternity house.

Finals week have given me some of my best memories.

It's getting pretty insane for me. I graduate on May 14th, an event that's been a grand total of 6 years in the making. I'll have 20 semesters (that includes summer classes) and 170 hours of credit to my name but I'm getting a BBA in Marketing and a BS in Management out of it in the end. My advice for anyone thinking about doing a double major like I did (Marketing & Management) is to not go through with it unless you plan on being in school longer than 5 years.

I've got a simulation of a logistics company shipment I have to analyze for my Supply Chain Management class, a 4 page paper over various local stores for my Retailing class, on top of a test tonight for my Business Strategies class that I just finished up an intense 15 page Case Study on Costco for. Study habits that help for me is listening to music while I type papers or read chapters. Nightwish and Linkin Park in particular help me. Also getting out of the apartment away from distractions such as my video games or this forum, and going to the library to study free from distractions, is a big help too.

At this point in the semester it feels like the professors are in a conspiracy against us by bombarding the students with papers, tests, and projects nonstop the entire last month of school. I hate the stress of finals week but the calm tranquility of doing NOTHING the week afterwards is always something I look forward to because I get to relax a bit. Although after this semester I graduate and instead of doing my regular classwork, which I'll never have to do again, I'll be attending the "going to work" class on a permanent basis. Exciting.

Congratulations on finishing bro. I can't wait for the day. I'm going to be an English teacher, majoring in English. I would rather teach literature than grammar though. *shutters* grammar...

Update on my papers: All of them are complete, and I only have finals left. :)

Fuck I'm on psychology, here we aren't on finals yet, but man it is a fucking hard week. For tomorrow I have to send my introduction plus a questionary of my investigation about the influence that has sexuality on medias and viceversa. For tuesday I have a fucking debate, for wendnesday I have to give a summary about Renaissance and Enlightenment, finally friday a give a physiology exam. Fuck! And I haven't move a fucking book yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back