The History of WWE: 50 Years of Sports Entertainment

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
It includes nothing I didn't know, goes a bit more in-depth on the WWWF because they got Bruno now so time to acknowledge that era for what it was, if Hogan watches it he'll have more than enough of an ego boost to have a couple more matches, Austin doesn't receive enough praise and instead the Attitude Era as a whole is romanticized, Vince Russo is featured in interview segments and their recently conducted interviews so I imagine he's on decent ground with the company, the Owen Hart stuff is well done and Martha is mentioned so that is basically all they get from that lawsuit finally closing. Found it funny that Bryan's one comment in the DVD is, "there can only be one top guy and everybody wants it."

Punk is rarely featured, Cena gets a lot of praise, as does The Rock, they had an interesting look at the charities which according to them (and they have footage to back it up) has been going on behind-the-scenes for years, it was only that in 2009 a genius pointed out advertising it could create more funds for these charities. And yeah, you'll never guess, WWE are indeed the leader of Sports Entertainment, cause yano there are so many Sports Entertainment brands.

Overall it was well produced but it included no new information except for the fact Tony Chimel is the second longest serving WWE employee, and is a big circle jerk on DVD.

I felt watching that it would have been perfect to address the Benoit situation considering they went through the steroid scandal and Owen's death, leaving one big mark on the company which they could have at least noted as a turn in the companies direction considering without his death it probably wouldn't be or would have at least taken longer to become a PG company.

That it was all great and then Hogan arrived and things got better, when of course we know the reality is it was stagnant and Backlund was a lackluster replacement for Sammartino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back