The Highest Rated Segment In RAW History!

The Aussie Invasion

WrestleZone's Apex Predator.
If you cannot remember, or simply just didn't know what the "Highest rated segement in RAW history" was, I'll just refresh your memories.

In September 1999, Mankind held a segement on RAW (Called "This Is Your Life") dedicated to The Rocks' life and, this ended up becoming the highest rated segement in RAW history. During the segement Mankind had brought out The Rock's 6th Grade Home-Ec Teacher, The Rock's High-School Football Coach & The Rock's High-School Girlfriend. After The Rock reminisced some of his memories with the guests, he insulted them and told them to leave (there were some very, very funny insults in there).

Now this segement was an absolute CLASSIC in my opinion (If you've never seen it, go out and rent/buy RAW's 15th Anniversary DVD, or YouTube it). But do you guys think that it is the best segment in RAW history?

P.S- To the Mod's, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

May not of been the greatest, but guess what, it was one of the classics. I loved every minute of it.

I missed those days, they were a lot of fun. We would get so upset over 20 minute promo today. But if the Rock was back, He could do a promo for a half hour, and sell it like no tomorrow.

But, back to the topic. It was a great segment. Would love to see more of them.

Not particularly. It's certainly good but to call it the best ever is probably a stretch. Hell the match that Rock lost the title to Mankind in earlier that year was a better segment. This was a great segment but at the end of the day there have just been better segments over time. It's one of the best comedy segments ever though.

This segment was a good one, although I think the most memorable moment in Raw would always be Austin's stunner to McMahon and nothing will come close to it from a business as well as entertainment perspective because that is what brought in the dollars.

Was it the Greatest?? No.
Was it one of the all time greats? Absolutley, the promo last around 18 minutes if my memory is correct and it was pure gold. It had comedy and I'm sure some improve on behalf of both the Rock and Mick Foley.from begining to end , it was just greatness..
Some other promos that were great was definitley Austin stunning Mcmahon the first time and anything that those 2 did together in the late 90's.
My personal favorite has to be Shawn Michaels in Canada back in 05, he simply owned that crowd. He played not one but 2 tricks on the crowd and they ate it all up..

the Edge & Lita live sex celebration, all of the 2006 DX antics & the RAW homecoming episode where Stone Cold stunned the entire McMahon family are up there with it, But 'This Is Your Life' is the best.Anything the rock touched turned to gold and, coupled with good old mankind made it an instant classic. i don't think we'll see any segments of that calibre for a while.

It was a good segment but, for me, it doesn't hold a candle to the Austin/Tyson pull apart from January 1998. It was epic and, to me, is still the most amazing thing I've ever seen on WWE

Hard to say really, there's been a ton of great segments on Raw over the years most involving Austin - Rock but one that I think is underrated is the signoff between Austin & Rock before Survivor Series 2001, that was just as hilarious as the This Is Your Life segment.

Yes. I will say the Edge-Lita celebration after his victory at New Year's Revolution in 2006 was one for the memories. I still recall quite vividly thinking ":wtf: is going on!!? Am I really seeing this!?"

Another good one was I don't know where it ranked in ratings, was the debut of Y2J interrupting the Rock's speech. The countdown clock ended and sparks flew and everyone saw the figure with his Pebbles Flintstone ponytail on top of his head. That was a VERY memorable moment.

DX celebrates Christmas. Where DX with Chyna comes out in robes. They take them off to reveal g-strings with their bare buttocks and mistletoes on the front of the undies. That was a good one. Anything with DX from the old days was ratings worthy. lol

I'm just remembering these from my Raws Greatest Moment's dvd..so, oh, another one was the Owen Hart tribute show. Right after he has his accident in Kansas City at Kemper Arena. That was a very touching tribute show. I remember seeing that show. It was very good show. I think those are the ones that stick out to me, are they the highest rated? I don't know, but those are my memorable ones.

I like this segment, but it is nowhere near my all time RAW favoruite moment. It just shows how talented Mick Foley and Dwayne Johnson are in the fact that they can keep us all entertained for 20 minutes on a wrestling show with a segment that has NO wrestling in it. It just pure comedy, and The Rock is the absolute master of stuff like this, he is so quick and witty.

Oh how the WWE would love to have these 2 back in their prime doing stuff like this on TV now, compared to the talent they have now!

For me its when Eric debuted on Raw. The look on The Coach and Booker T..whew!! give me chills to this day. If Booker could have killed a man on national tv and got off he would have. Even thought it not a promo you could tell from JR and The King to the wrestlers. Until Vince introduced him as the GM there was this air of WTF?!!?!! It was an awkward but great moment.

I find it hilarious that the most watched segment in the history of the most mainstream WRESTLING show is a parody of "This is your life" rather than a fantastic wrestling match. That aside.... it was a great segment and very memorable. I remember watching it when it originally aired and laughing the whole time. However, I wouldn't call it the GREATEST moment in the history of Raw because you cannot judge the QUALITY of something by how many people watched it. That's like saying Kane VS Khali at Wrestlemania 23 was "better" than Shawn Michaels VS Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 simply because more people watched it. Being the best ever does not always equal having the highest ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back