The Greatest Laker Of All The Times

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
A little Santino in the thread title, there.

But simple question, who's the greatest Los Angeles Laker of all-time in your opinion and why?

There's plenty of great options: Abdul Jabbar, West, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, etc.

So there will probably be plenty of answers in this thread, but I'll throw mine out first:

I'll go with Kobe Bryant. Besides reeling in 5 titles, multiple MVP's, Olympics appearances, and a plethora of other awards, Kobe's been the heart and soul of the Lakers and their leader for some time now. While guys like Abdul Jabbar and Magic are extremely close, I would venture to say that Kobe is a better leader than Abdul Jabbar, and Magic had his potential cut a bit by missing time due to his battle with HIV. So Kobe is my pick.

However, cases can be made for Abdul Jabbar, Magic, and plenty of others. Who's your pick as the greatest Laker of all-time?

Kobe > Shaq, Magic > Kareem, Jerry West has to be in the conversation. Right now I'd go with Magic but Kobe will surpass him by the time his career is over.

Gotta go with Magic on this one. Kareem was already established before the he came to the Lakers, but he's one of the Laker greats next to Wilt Chamberlain. Jerry West as well. But Magic changed the game along with Larry Bird in the 80's and started Showtime.

Perhaps my age is making me biased, but when I think of the Lakers, I think of Magic Johnson before I think of anyone else.

Perhaps my age is making me biased, but when I think of the Lakers, I think of Magic Johnson before I think of anyone else.

I would agree, but I think Big Sexy has it right: if Kobe finishes out the last years of his tenure strong, he'll surpass Magic.

Several, actually, thanks for asking.

And I'm not pushing Kobe, if you read my opening post you'd see that I'm totally open to people choosing Magic or Abdul Jabbar, because I think they're all good choices.

But this is like the 9th thread where you place Kobe over guys elite guys like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

I'll just say Kobe because he'll eventually pass Magic for the top spot in his young career. I see Kobe winning a couple more championships and with the emergence of Bynum, he'll be able to do that.

I'll just say Kobe because he'll eventually pass Magic for the top spot in his young career. I see Kobe winning a couple more championships and with the emergence of Bynum, he'll be able to do that.

I don't see Kobe ever winning another, but that's just me.

...Because Kobe is also an elite guy.

And I made no mention of Bird..

No one is saying Kobe is not an elite guy. But anytime you've made a basketball thread it is always about Kobe Bryant.

We get it, you like Kobe Bryant. So does the rest of L.A.

No one is saying Kobe is not an elite guy. But anytime you've made a basketball thread it is always about Kobe Bryant.

I can think of 6 threads that have devolved into Kobe Bryant discussion.

Except that's not true at all. Go ahead and look at the sports section, I have plenty of basketball threads that don't even focus on the Lakers/Kobe. I just made one not too long ago about the best Centers in the NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back