The Great Muta Meets with Jeff Jarrett

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...h-Jeff-Jarrett-and-TNA-Officials-in-Nashville

On Tuesday afternoon, Japanese wrestling legend The Great Muta was at the TNA Offices in Nashville, Tennessee for a business meeting with TNA officials, including TNA founder Jeff Jarrett. The Great Muta, who runs Japan's WRESTLE-1 promotion under Gen Sports Entertainment, was in Nashville to discuss future opportunities between TNA and WRESTLE-1. ImpactWrestling.com will have more details on the meeting in the coming weeks!

mutajarrett.jpg

--

Hey look, another bald-headed guy. #August1Warning?

I couldn't recognize him without the facepaint.

Its strange how everyone ends up looking like Stone Cold sooner or later.

And he has ears that stick out too.

But Gillberg is the August 1st guy. I mean, it has to be him.

Bald... Ears... Better than Batista... In the right country... not contracted to TNA...

This could be a cool cross promotion thing, but I'm not going to hold my breath until I have to. I don't know enough about any of the guys on the Wrestle-1 roster to say what they could do for us.

Who are the best guys in Wrestle-1 anyone know here?

It's all guys trained by Mutoh or have a connection to him. Mutoh and shareholders sold All Japan to a consortium who then fired his right hand man and the head of the consortium installed himself as a chairman, so Keiji stepped down and eight or nine All Japan guys left the promotion out of loyalty.

Hes expected to bring back a lot of legends and he may make some connections with NJPW, but there is nobody on the Wrestle-1 roster worth TNA investing in aside from Mutoh himself. NJPW have all the top stars aside from KENTA, Marafuji, Morishima, Kenta Kobashi and Ishimori who compete for Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Not that TNA would use them right anyway, considering they shit all over Okada when they had him and it's not like he went on to become one of the top guys in all of Japanese wrestling and one of the top wrestlers in the world right now... oh wait, he did.

As I recall that list of monthly PPV things included something akin to the World X Cup - I'd imagine that'd be the connection. I'm more interested to see Double J back being active.

As I recall that list of monthly PPV things included something akin to the World X Cup - I'd imagine that'd be the connection. I'm more interested to see Double J back being active.
It was filmed long long ago anyway.

Who are the best guys in Wrestle-1 anyone know here?

Mutoh himself is still pretty fucking awesome. They're a break off of AJPW, so they've taken with them Kaz Hayashi, a great junior heavyweight, Masakatsu Funaki, one of the old UWF/MMA guys who have since come back to pro wrestling, Masayuki Kono, Minoru Tanaka, and Ryoto Hama are all pretty good as well.

They will also probably be establishing relationships with other promotions in Japan in the coming weeks. Mutoh is really set on a global promotion, so they could be a nexus for talent sharing all around the world, really.

I now know who the August 1 guy is. The man will be a giant addition to TNA. He will devour anyone who stands in his way. You might even say he'll go Ham on them.

hama.jpg
. Ladies and gentleman Ryota Hama!!!

The Great Muta in my estimation is the greatest Japanese wrestler of all time. He also has one of the best minds in the history of the business as well. Only good things can come from this.

It's also, for a change, a nice sign to see something positive regarding a move TNA is making, instead of another "disastrous, the company is on its last leg" story.

I now know who the August 1 guy is. The man will be a giant addition to TNA. He will devour anyone who stands in his way. You might even say he'll go Ham on them.

hama.jpg
. Ladies and gentleman Ryota Hama!!!

That would be kind of awesome, actually. I appreciate a good SHW and Hama is that.

It'd be nice if that Japanese talent was Great Muta. Don't get me wrong, the guys brought in are always cool, but they have zero value to anybody who doesn't follow Japanese wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back