The generation game...Fifth gen

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Jaguar
100px-Atarijaguar.jpg

-v-

Sega Saturn
100px-Saturnconsole.jpg

-v-

Sony PlayStation
100px-PlayStationConsole_bkg-transparent.png

-v-

Nintendo 64
100px-Nintendo_64.png

PlayStation 102.49 million
Nintendo 64 32.93 million
Sega Saturn 17 million
Atari Jaguar 500,000

So who wins?

Obviously it is the PlayStation, I can't even explain the importance of this console on gaming. 102 million copies? CD games? Many many classics? Everyone I know had one (I was loyal to Nintendo, so I had my trust 64 which had some amazing games, but there was no way I could vote for it)

Definitely the Playstation. I remember back when the PS1 and Saturn first came out I was in 8th or 9th grade and my Mom told me she would get me one of them for Christmas. I didnt really know much about either of them and none of my friends had them at the time but I took the Saturn because it was made by Sega. I kicked myself for the next year for doing that because of how bad it sucked, the only game that I remember that I really liked was Virtual Cop. That game was so basic but it was so addicting. All my friends ended up getting a PS1 after that and I was stuck with a system nobody else played. I got redemption the following Christmas when I finally got the PS1. Ok Im done rambling on about that story.

Nintendo 64 was alright, I didnt own one at first but my neighbor got it as soon as it came out and we played it alot. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball and Goldeneye for it were freaking awesome but they couldnt matchup with the exclusive PS1 games. I especially loved Jet Moto and Crash Bandicoot. Yeah I know they were both so straight forward and kinda geared for kids but that didnt stop me from playing them constantly. Plus I just liked the controllers better on the playstation. I never really cared for the N64 ones that much, especially the little joystick thing they had on it.

I never played the Jaguar and honestly I forgot about it until you just mentioned it, I would imagine though it probably wasnt very good cause I dont think they made many games for it. All and all though this might be my favorite generation of video game systems cause this was probably the stage where I played video games the most and I probably spent more hours at a PS1 and N64 than I did at any other system outside of maybe the original NES.

Playstation hands down the greatest thing to happen to the gaming world. it brought us great games like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VII, Underated games like Ace Combat and Crash Bandicoot. Parasite Eve was another great game to come out for it.

if i had to pick a second it was the Nintento 64. Again you had Mario Kart and Super Mario 64 which brought a new camera angle system into the Nintendo world. Games like Goldeneye which is argueably the greatest ever First person shooter and one of my personal faves Lylatt Wars which was an amazing game.

i cant really draw an opinion on the Saturn or Jaguar as i never played on one of them but playstation should take this one easily

If this is based on which system had the bigger impact, it would definilty be the later PSX. The earlier models had the controller with just the D-pad,
I can't stand ever using the D-pad. But once they released the far superiour
duel analog controller, it made gaming so much more fun.
No sore fingers if I play for more then 30 minutes. Just awesome.
It had some great titles like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Chrono Cross.

But if we are looking at this from an entertainment value.

The Nintendo 64 hands down. This system was for more playing with other people, I remember playing games like mario party, Mario Kart,
Pokemon Stadium with other people, awesome times.
And while it still had the rather cheap analog stick. I still would rather have that then a D-pad.

I've said this once before. I was a random fool who actually bought a Sega Saturn over a Playstation, thinking that because Sega was a known product and Sony was not, (through gaming) that it'd flop. Wow, was I wrong.

Playstation had amazing graphics for it's time, but I honestly loved my N64 more than Playstation because of a various grouping of games. Most notably, Goldeneye, W.C.W/n.W.o. Revenge & No Mercy. I also loved Super Mario 64, because it was fricken 3-D playable.

Playstation had W.C.W. vs. The World, and that was fun but not as much as No Mercy or Revenge. Then the Smackdown series came out and blew my world. The only PS games I really enjoyed where the Smackdown series, along with GTA, Final Fantasy and Theme Park. I wasn't real big into games during this time in my life, actually. I enjoyed being an active teen outside.

I don't even remember the Jaquar, either.

I'll be in the minority here and say N64. To me it was the last of the classic gaming consoles. To see things in 3d blew my mind at the time. Nothing was sweeter than No Mercy, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, hell even Banjo-Kazooie. Playstation was solid, but they were outmatched to me for the most part. I had both, but I spent far more time on my N64 than I did on the PS. Both good, but my personal Nintendo bias says N64.

Playstation wins this thing hands down in my opinion. Besides Sega Genesis, I don't think there is another console whose games I loved so much. Back in the day, I was a huge fan of Resident Evil, Twisted Metal, Ridge Racer, Crash Bandicoot, and Wipeout. I couldn't even tell you about any of the games for the Atari Jaguar or the Sega Saturn. Furthermore, the only game I knew that much about on the Nintendo 64 was Bond, and I hated this console's controller. So, Playstation FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back