The funnest segment in the history of Smackdown?

CM Steel

A REAL American
On friday night Smackdown! We all have are own favorite match of all-time. Are favorite moment, are favorite SD general manager. But what was the funnest segment in Smackdown history?

My personal favorite would have to be "the wedding of Theodore R. Long & Krystal Marshall". It was filled with pure entertainment in the air that night! A actor-stand-up comic played the minister of the "wedding". With superstars for all three brands at that time. Even the boss Vince McMahon came out (with his "son" Hornswoggle). And one of the last times that we'd see the Godfather and his hoes! Right before Teddy Long had a "heart attack" before his answer. A Smackdown to remember indeed.

But in your own opinion as a wrestling fan. What was the funnest segment in the history of Smackdown?

One of my favorite Smackdown segments involves the Great One. The segment where there were the different types of pie (I think it was for Thanksgiving) and he runs into Lilian Garcia (or some diva) and talks about Pootang Pie

One of my favorite Smackdown segments involves the Great One. The segment where there were the different types of pie (I think it was for Thanksgiving) and he runs into Lilian Garcia (or some diva) and talks about Pootang Pie

I'm with you on this one. Rock gave us alot of funny SD segmets.

To me, the interview he did backstage with lilian was the probably the funniest. "Admit it, Lilian. You get wet......WITH PERSPIRATION standing this close to The Rock!"

Any Kurt Angle & Stone Cold segment. It's hard to just stick with one cause everytime you saw these two together, you got comedy gold. Most of their funniest moments took place on Smackdown, like the segments with the cowboy hats, the guitar singing, one segment in which they were pissed at Regal for hugging Vince, another segment where Torrie Wilson is negotiating with Vince for a WWF contract and Angle is hitting on Torrie and Austin is hugging Vince after Torrie flirts with him...I could go on all day. I really miss those days, they had such great chemistry together, and it's a shame we don't see that side of Angle anymore.

Another funny moment is Kane's impression of Hogan & The Rock. He tore the down the house with this segment and was just spot on with the impressions. Kane is the funniest serious character ever- it's so rare seeing Kane go out of his monster personality & do something funny and whenever he does, he just brings a new level of amusement.

There is certainly plenty of memorable funny moments but one of mine is Stone Cold vs Booker T in the supermarket! Action/Comedy at its finest. The Rock's interviews as well were always entertaining.

Eddie Guerrero's auction of Kurt Angle's stuff after he was fired as Smackdown GM in summer 04 was another honourable mention here for me as well!!

I was acutally thinking about this myself recently, as I saw WWE will be releasing a "RAW 100 Greatest Moments" DVD/BluRay & it reminded me that they released a "Smackdown 100 Greatest Moments" DVD.

The "Stone Cold" Steve Austin/Booker T Supermarket Brawl was the first thing to come to my mind. It was awesome & hilarious & has stood the test of time.

The Rock/Jericho verbal war against Stephanie was great as well. I just always found it a little ironic because they basically just rip on the fact that she is the "Billionaire Princess" & her (at the time) recent plastic surgery. When in reality almost every wrestling wife or groupie has a huge, fake, rack & alot of them are known to be gold diggers. Stephanie (while no doubt spoiled) is the probably one of the cleanest & least plastic girls in wrestling history. Or at the very least she has maintained that image for her family & children. So while this is a classic segment, kudos too Steph! (Not to mention she is one of the few females IMO since the days of Moolah & Richter to truely understand the company & ring psychology, even if she was a poor in-ring performer.)

Also the Angle/Austin segments were great. Didn't Kurt try playing kazoo for Austin in that little cowboy hat once? or maybe that was with E&C, anyways all those segments are gold as well.

It isn't straight comedy but I think my favorite Smackdown segment/promo ever might just have to be CM Punk's Jeff Hardy Promo the night after Hardy left. Punk cut an amzing promo, looked amazing doing it, had the whole crowd believeing he was Jeff Hardy at first, & the best part was that Hardy really had a drug problem(not that I was happy he had a drug problem but that it made everything Punk said valid & made for great TV) & was gone from WWE. That promo was basically the first time Punk got to vent in WWE & it seemed so authentic. It was the first great "pipe bomb" by Punk in WWE & all the while it was WWE's way of saying "screw you" to the "druggy, burnout" that had left them after finally getting the "brass ring".

I think almost everything solid outside the ring on Smackdown happened 2004 or before. I think most of there solid feuds, runs, programs since then have been due to the in-ring performances.

I have to go with anything Angle and Austin did. Those two together were comedy gold. The Rock and Jericho verbally assaulting Stephanie was a great funny moment as well. I also have to mention like another poster did the backstage segment where the Rock said admit it Lillian you get WET... With Perspiration standing next to The Rock. Some great moments here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back