• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Funkadactyls as the new Bella Twins?

ShawnBronald

Pre-Show Stalwart
As is well known, the Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki) have left WWE for the foreseeable future. Their absense has left a void in the Divas division. Well, maybe not exactly, but I think WWE did like having a set a Divas to toss out there, whether it was as a tag team or just as a pair to accompany eachother to the ring.

Currently, there isn't an active pair of Divas that fill this role, but WWE seems to be pushing the team of Naomi and Cameron, Brodus Clay's valets/dancers, as The Funkadactyls. For those not familiar, Naomi was featured on NXT and many believe she should have won over Kaitlyn. Cameron was featured on Tough Enough and is best remembered for telling Stone Cold that her favorite match in WWE history was 'Alicia Fox vs Melina'. :lmao:

While in FCW, they did wrestle as a tag team. I'd imagine they're on par with what the Bellas could do in the ring. And if Naomi wrestles the majority of the match (if they're a tag team), I think it'll work.

My question is: Do you think WWE is pushing The Funkadactyls as the next Diva team to fill the void left from the Bellas' departure? If so, do you think it will be successful? If not, do you think they should consider it or push other Divas in the division and allow the Funkadactyls to remain in their current role?

No. Just no.

First of all, they aren't breaking them away from Brodus. Secondly, the WWE has more important priorities in the Diva's division, than replacing the Bella's.

I STRONGLY agree with Benson. No, just NO! The Bellas are twins with the twin magic factor. The Funkadactyls aren't, their just back-up dancers to Brodus Clay's Heavy D-like charactor, with a little Rikishi sprinkle in.

So the Funkadactyls aren't going anywhere for awhile at the position where there at.

lol No. WWE doesn't want to replace The Bellas and WWE doesn't care enough about the Divas Division to want to replace them. :wtf:

The Diva's division needs more respect, and getting rid of the Bella Twins is the worst thing that could have happen to that division, everyone loves twin magic, come on!

To answer the question, i would love to see the The Funkadactyls as Diva team, but they will never NEVER replace Bellas.

Naomi is one of the most gifted wrestlers on the roster and you all think she is best suited as a dancer for Brodus Clay? I do not think think they should be Bella twin squared, but Naomi should get a singles push.She has pure athleticism and is a natural at wrestling.

Quick question. How the fuck can you have twins that don't look alike? Oh, wait. You can't. But hey, this sounds like a solid idea. While we're at it, Sakamoto should totally be the new Tajiri. Because... Well, why not fill vacant roles as if it was needed? Why not suggest stupid replacements for stupid ideas? It seems hip.

Ideas for the divas division are always good, but what did the Bellas do right? They were mediocre at best on the mic and they we arm candy for the guest hosts. I don't think that needs replacing at all. Plus Naomi and Cameron do not even look alike so it would be WWE thinking the fans are really stupid if they were to believe that.

They can go into the divas division whenever Brodus is done or doesn't need them anymore as their own identities, not replacement Bellas.

Quick question. How the fuck can you have twins that don't look alike? Oh, wait. You can't. But hey, this sounds like a solid idea. While we're at it, Sakamoto should totally be the new Tajiri. Because... Well, why not fill vacant roles as if it was needed? Why not suggest stupid replacements for stupid ideas? It seems hip.

Fraternal twins?? :shrug:

But I don't think this would be a terrible idea. If I remember correctly, Naomi was pretty decent in the ring and Cameron could do at least what the Bella twins could do in the ring. Why not test them out?

There are also a few divas coming up from FCW, if I'm not mistaken. They should easily fill the "void" as you call it that the Bella's left.

I really don't give a shit if they're good wrestlers or not. How stupid is it that you need to replace a gimmick you just released? Or that if wrestlers leave you need an expy to replace them. This is typical, near-robotic mentality constantly played up here and despite how obviously dumb it is, people still go for it.

I just want to quickly point out that I never once said they should be presented as "twins". By asking if they could be the next 'Bella Twins', I meant it as them being a team or pair of Divas.

The Bellas never really were apart and were the periennial Diva duo. So far in their short career, Naomi and Cameron (now being actively pushed as The Funkadactyls), have only been presented as a duo as well. So what the Bella Twins were to the Diva's division, The Funkadactyls could be.

That was my original point and I just wanted to make that clear.

Why in the hell would they replace the Bellas?? I agree with The KillJoy on this one. If they become wrestlers cool with me but theres no void to fill because of the Bellas. Kharma's return will fill the void for both the Bellas. We have Kelly Kelly, Eve, AJ, Natayla, Beth, Layla returned, Maxine, Kaitlyn, I believe thats enough for a division that gets 2min of airtime or less

I get what your saying but I don't think the void of a divas tag team is a gimmick that needs to be filled. The only successful tag team IMO was Lay cool they worked well together and actually got more time in front of the camera than most divas do. But back to what you were saying the reason why the gimmick of divas tag team should be left alone is because WWE can randomly pair two divas together and call them a team,which in the end will lead to them participating in a bunch of pointless tag team matches with no real goal in mind. At this point the divas need to be a singles division with the good divas trying to position there selves to become the top diva by winning the title.

I do love Naomi and Cameron routine currently and they should keep it until Brodus turns heel or has some other sort of character change.

The idea that the Bella twins are a gimmick that needs to be replaced is baseless. When was the last time before The Bella's or The Diva's of Destruction that there was ever a true Diva Alliance or Team? Chyna and Miss Kitty? It's so far from a necessity. They need to work on making the belt mean something and building INDIVIDUAL contenders before they start trying to team people.

Quick question. How the fuck can you have twins that don't look alike? Oh, wait. You can't.

Not all twins are identical, my friend. There's this thing called fraternal twins that are two separate eggs that come out on the same day instead of one egg that was split in two. But nonetheless...

The Funkadactyls aren't the new Bellas. If anything, they're more-so the new hos and Brodas Clay is the new Godfather. Don't get me wrong, Naomi could work matches, but I don't think she's ready for that yet. Her and Cameron are better suited having their fat asses touch every time they get in the ring to dance.

Pushing the Funkadactyls as the Bellas' replacements would be a bad decision. The Bellas brought absolutely nothing to the table. Their awful mic skills and lack of in-ring abilities made them very forgettable. Sure they could trade places but so what? The Funkadactyls are there to dance while Brodus does his entrance. That's it. There's no reason to push a replacement for the Bellas because they sucked and had nothing to offer. I don't see either of the Funkadactyls doing much after they inevitably get separated from Brodus, there's therefore no real reason to push them whether that be as a replacement for The Bellas or as contenders for the Divas Championship. I predict that they will dance some more then fade into obscurity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back