"The Following"

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Anybody else watch this show? Over here in the UK, we're only 5 episodes through and I'm loving it. Kevin Bacon plays a great role as Detective Ryan Hardy & James Purefoy is an absolutely brilliant criminal mastermind. It's written by the same guy that wrote Scream, which you can feel as you watch the episodes.

Episode 5 is by far my favourite, even if slow through the first 40-ish minutes.

If you've seen the Episode, the double-crossing in the last segment is absolutely brilliant, didn't see it coming at all.

Anyone else got thoughts on it??

I've only seen the first episode, & I liked it, however since it's on during RAW, & I'm apparently one of the last remaining human beings on earth without a DVR, I've missed the rest of the season. I'll probably either catch up on it soon, I just noticed Fox puts out full episodes on their site.

It's on during Raw in the US? Ouch, that would piss me off to no end. It's on on a Tuesday night over here, which is easier for me. I'd recommend you did catch up with it, it gets even better.

This is a great show. I had been needing a new show to watch and it is one that keeps me anticipating the next episode.

Agree with you there Dagger. It annoys me I have to wait an entire week for the next episode and very few shows have ever made me that annoyed.
Kevin Bacon is the perfect man to play Hardy as well, I couldn't pick another.

Agree with you there Dagger. It annoys me I have to wait an entire week for the next episode and very few shows have ever made me that annoyed.
Kevin Bacon is the perfect man to play Hardy as well, I couldn't pick another.

Agreed. I honestly like the whole cast other than that girl with the short hair. The rest have all done well in their roles and I've been waiting all week for the next episode.... It does come on during Raw, as does Castle but luckily all three do not start at once. One conflicts with half of Raw while the other conflicts with the second half. I end up having to watch the last 10 min of Raw first live (or else I miss the ending or any content after the timeslot ends due to DVR conflicts) and then I have the rest of it recorded. It sucks when all of the best shows come on at once. I ran into a similar issue last year on thursdays and had to give up Impact for a few weeks. No way in hell I'm missing Raw during Wrestlemania season though lol....

Agreed. I honestly like the whole cast other than that girl with the short hair. The rest have all done well in their roles and I've been waiting all week for the next episode.... It does come on during Raw, as does Castle but luckily all three are not on at once. I end up having to watch the last 10 min or Raw first live (or else I miss it due to DVR conflicts) and then I have the rest of it recorded. It sucks when all of the best shows come on at once. I ran into a similar issue last year on thursdays and had to give up Impact for a few weeks. No way in hell I'm missing Raw during Wrestlemania season though lol....

I think that Emma is a great character and the three way love shit was interesting, I think after the latest episode I've seen though, the two guys will end up together.

Unless the one Ryan stabbed thrice dies.

I think that Emma is a great character and the three way love shit was interesting, I think after the latest episode I've seen though, the two guys will end up together.

Unless the one Ryan stabbed thrice dies.

The character doesn't bother me, the actress does.... I like everyone else though. :p

Just finished up watching the last episode of Season 1 and it was epic. I'm shocked that James Purefoy's character did actually die, but I guess he had it coming to him.

Emma's still around, but Ryan & Claire were both viciously stabbed by a woman who looked like Claire at the end of the episode, allowing the story to open a new chapter.

Bring on Season 2!

Something tells me he might not be dead. Sure it seems pretty obvious that he is given what happened, but I have my suspicions. Why would they kill off such a key character only one season in? I enjoyed the finale and already anticipate the next season.

The way I was looking at it Dagger was that every episode, Joe was getting closer to death. Even at the start, when Ryan broke his fingers, he was getting hurt. Then he got stabbed by Claire the first time, then again with the fork the second time, along with the smashed chair over her back. All of that eventually led to his death, I guess?

However, when Joe was caught in the fire, you can clearly hear James Purefoy screaming, but the only look on Carroll's face is still, which either means their over-dub was awful, or Carroll tricked him.

I'm thinking Carroll tricked them somehow. He's way too important of a character to kill off so soon and it's completely within his character to pull off a fake death. The question is how they could do it in a way that makes sense to the viewers.... It would take a miracle for him to have survived that fire so we will just have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back