• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Finisher = Corporate Kane!?

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
I just saw the 4 episodes of Slam City with my son, and he loves it!! He’s only complaint was it’s on 2 minutes each. So he just watched them all about 3 times each.

Anyway, I noticed a character I’ve never seen before. He has a mask and business attire on. His name is the Finisher. His finishing move is Firing Everyone. I have but one question. Is the Finisher supposed to be Corporate Kane!?

20140311_Finisher_1.png

20140311_Finisher_2.png

20140311_Finisher_3.png

http://www.wweslamcity.com/superstars/the-finisher

My only reaction would be that Kane is actually one of the wrestlers who was "fired" and is working a cafeteria job in Slam City.

It is possible though I guess that while creating and finalizing everything that was Slam City related, that The Finisher was the inspiration for the "Corporate Kane" character.

Wow!! I never thought of it that way. I was thinking the reverse actually. It seems to be that The Finisher is what Corporate Kane is supposed to originally look like. I thought, since he simply unmasked and suited up, that the name, “The Finisher” was just a last minute change to the character / figure.

Just watched some of these and they are really fun.as a kid i probally would have thought it was the best thing ever lol.the finisher does look like it could be definatly be a concept for corporate kane his mask even looks a bit like that welding style one he wore for a while and imo it would have been better if they would have gone with something similar to this instead of just sticking him in a suit.

WWE.com has added a profile for "The Finisher," who is a character in the new animated "WWE Slam City" series. His character is loosely based off Mr. McMahon, and his finishing move is listed as "firing everyone."

Came off an article on the main page. Here's the link.

My boy thought it was Kane too. got confused when he then saw Kane making pizza..

On a related subject I've finally found a reason to hate Punk for walking out, these cartoons are great and they've already not added him to the superstar page on slam city, so we might never get to see the ice-cream truck episodes with him in them!

The "Finisher" is, according to WWE.com, based loosely off of Mr. McMahon. Other than firing everybody, I see no relation. If they would have used McMahon's "You'reeeeee Firedddddddd" catchphrase it would have made more sense.

Like people said, it's just someone they came up with who has no relation to any other wrestler. I watched a little of the Cena one. It wasn't bad. Reminded me of an upgraded version of the Rock & Wrestling cartoon.

Would be pretty cool if this cartoon eventually catches on and HHH introduces the character down the road.

Yes it's dumb for us adults. But if kids really like the show, they'll know who it is. And imagine a huge 270-300 pound muscle guy wearing that same attire. I think that'd be pretty sweet.

Or it could flop like the Shockmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back