The Final Countdown: A Numbers thread

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
Does this make me as narcissistic as Sly by creating a thread with my name on it?

Anyways.....I get married in one month....yay me. Hence the spiffy and totally suitable thread name. I'm more excited about the stag go beforehand and the honeymoon afterwards. The piss up after should be lots of fun too. I'm just dreading the actual ceremony. If I could do it over MSN I would. I've offered to show up as cardboard box with a mobile phone attached but she didn't go for it.

Tell me to man up or whatever here.

(This is normally where I get zero posts in response. I suck)

Itll be fine. I have the best arrangement ever. A long engagement with no sign of a marriage though shes excited about a wedding. Keeps her excited but keeps me off the hook and unmarried :D. Itll happen at some point but yeah.

Good luck man. Honestly, you should be nervous before doing something like this...or like youre probably not human.

Just remember... the wedding day is for your wife. All you have to do is show up with a smile on your face. That's it. There's nothing to dread or be concerned about. It's the biggest day of HER life, and she's getting it because of you. Feel proud, not worried.

Man up... or whatever.

Let's get IC and Sly in here so they can argue about how to have a proper wedding.

Any idea what the stag do plans are or are you getting surprised?

I have been on three stags in the last year - Manchester, Edinburgh and a canal boat to Bath. All three were great but the last one was so much better - the only thing I might have changed would have been a few less people on the boat (we had 13 on a boat that could take a maximum of 12) and not getting sun stroke which ruined one of the nights out for me.

Does this make me as narcissistic as Sly by creating a thread with my name on it?

Anyways.....I get married in one month....yay me. Hence the spiffy and totally suitable thread name. I'm more excited about the stag go beforehand and the honeymoon afterwards. The piss up after should be lots of fun too. I'm just dreading the actual ceremony. If I could do it over MSN I would. I've offered to show up as cardboard box with a mobile phone attached but she didn't go for it.

Tell me to man up or whatever here.

(This is normally where I get zero posts in response. I suck)

Id tell you to man up, but I was freaked as heck for my wedding day as well. I didnt care for any of the pomp and circumstance that came before the wedding, and wasn't thrilled about the damn ceremony either. But I look back on it, and it was one of the most amazing, more enjoyable days of my life. Even if you've lived with someone for some time, theres something special about making it official that you'll look back on with fondness.

I do agree with JMT, partly. The wedding day is for your wife, initially. But not to get sentimental and crap, but i think you'll enjoy it just as much as she did. There's not a whole lot you have to do. Stand there, recite some vows, drink, and dance. Not a bad deal.

I think you'll find out the same. Congrats, and good luck.

True story, my sister's second song at her wedding was The Final Countdown by Europe so we could all do our best Gob impression from Arrested Development.

Apparently the day just flies by really quickly so once you get going the whole thing will likely be a bit of a blur, so just enjoy it!

Best of luck in your future endeavours.

The wedding is her day but I guess the honeymoon is gonna be yours.

Like I said, this is how it may feel going in, as it certainly did for me. I could have waited another 5 years(next year) and not gotten married aand been happy, or so I thought. All I was looking forward to was the honeymoon.

If done right and looked at from the right perspective, both can be equally yours. And it's sharing that stuff that is truly priceless. I can't describe the difference between living with someone and marrying them, which is one of the greatest feelings in the world. When you can't truly describe how great a difference is between the two, it's truly amazing. My apologies for being a sap, but it's true. Just keep an open mind about it Numbers. Ill shut up about it further.

Im curious as to what you have planned, and how it goes. Let me know afterwards if you want to get into details.

A Numeros Thread? I'm in, homey. Numbers is a swell guy and has always been one of the more pleasant peeps I've known around.

Getting hitched? Good luck with that. Hope it goes smoothly. Consummate that shit, brah.

Барбоса;3442960 said:
Any idea what the stag do plans are or are you getting surprised?
It's not going to be anything special. I want to go go-karting and we'll have a decent night out but that's it.
You'll do fine, and honeymoon's are always great, right? Also, the thread title is awesome.
It's going to be my first foreign holiday in 11 or 11 years so I'm psyched for it.And I've always wanted to use this title for a thread.
Best of luck, though you better pick your shit up in WZCW when you get back ;)
If Unscripted gets posted late, at least I dont have to deal with the fallout :lmao:

So we went to see the registrar yesterday and it's exactly four weeks away today. God the last four or five weeks have flown by.

I'm being moaned at to pack for the honeymoon but today I'm more concerned about going to watch the Merseyside derby. Come on you Reds.

You'll be fine, mate. The only things you should be worried about are jaw and leg cramps from smiling for photos and standing around all day. It's completely normal to be worried before your big day but all you are doing is going from partners to married couple and having a huge piss-up afterwards to celebrate the big day. Your relationship isn't going to change between the two of you so there is nothing to be afraid of...

... oh, except for drunk family speeches during the reception. They can get messy...

Maybe you should invite Ricky Runn to your wedding? Perhaps a nice bonding experience. We all saw how well this worked out for the Crashin Movement.

Get that name out of the thread!

Was it nice around the country as it was here this weekend? We went to the beach, it was damn warm.

My buddy and former roommate is walking out for his ceremony this weekend to Final Countdown. He asked me for a wrestling theme that fit the situation, and I suggested that, knowing it would make his brides father cry (long story). His bride has decided to not do "the Bridal March", instead opting for some Ben Folds song. Also, this will make her father cry....

She's chosen some soppy instrumental stuff for ours. And I think she's coming down to Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I think.

She's chosen some soppy instrumental stuff for ours. And I think she's coming down to Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I think.

I wouldn't be shocked if more women don't choose that song, what with the re-release of Lion King...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back