the fanciness of WWE

Saritafan

TNA FIRE ORLANDO JORDAN HE SUCKS
Ever since WWE switched over to HD,i've really hated those ugly HD stages and not only that,they use the same one for every show so it took the uniquness for every show away so now,WWE could tape every show in one night and no one could even tell

so how many of you perfer the unique entrance stages that made every show feel different and special

these new HD stages are waaaaaaay to fancy,so many fucking lights in the way

remember the smackdon fist through glass stage,that was awesome and it made smackdown feel like smackdown

Vince has also made every PPV look the same because the stages are almost identical to Raw,SD,and ECW HD stages,it just ruins the show for me

I honestly think that if vince brought in 2 broken taxi cabs and used that his entrance stage with a curtain in the middle,people would love that better then the current HD stages

so how many of you perfer the unique stages and are for getting rid of these HD ones?

i am fan of the new stages new stages are big and shiny and make wwe look like legit hollywood company and it is really big and sexy and i really like how it can match the superstars personalities like randy orton can have skulls and john cena can have chains and triple h can have kings and edge can have razors and jeff hardy can have rainbows and jack swagger can have americans and cm punk can have a straight edge and bigshow can have a tower.

I personally like these HD Stages just fine. The only thing I do miss is how every PPV had different themes set up at the entrance ramp and all the way to the ring. They try to do this nowadays sometimes but with these HD stages, it just limits the amount of creativity you can have when setting up a stage for a PPV. But as far as the different brands go, I don't have a problem with the stages. They're fine the way they are!

I did love the big SD fist and the crooked RAW titantron for that matter, but the new stages are also pretty cool, and I think it works very well on the big two shows (although I do miss the brickwork of old ECW...).

It is a shame though that the PPV's dont have that individuality as much as they used to though, does anyone remember the AWESOME swanton Jeff did off of two NYC cabs parked above the entrance ramp at Rumble 2000? and the best bit of the 6 man HIAC at Armageddon 2000 was the brawl that took place on and around the broken down cars on the entrance ramp! (nobody hits a man in the face with a camera crane quite like Austin!!!!).

I just wish we didnt get so many HD close-ups of Ortons terrible skin on his slappable face, and the way Legacy look in their oil (especially in HD on a big screen) really ruins my argument with friends when they say wrestling is gay!!!!

I don't mind the particular HD set they are using at all ... HOWEVER, the problem is when the same one is used every single show. It really takes away the unique identity of each show, and the viewers basically are left feeling like they are watching the same show 4 times a week.

The HD sets for the PPV's have also been disappointing, from the ones that I have seen. Just not very unique.

I like the Raw, Samckdown and ECW sets before they changed them, because it showed individuality, but I love the WWE Universal set. It looks great on TV and makes the entrances seem grander. Plus, if you are there in person, the entrance stage looks so amazing. It’s also a way to save money for the WWE, as far as tapings go. Best example, Superstars. Flashy and efficiency are two pluses in this case.

My issue with the sets has always been that the fans are so far away from the entrance nowadays. For example, look back at any big PPV from Madison Square Garden, before Wrestlemania 20. The fans were right on top of everything. Now I understand that with the pyro and all the glitz, you cannot have people sitting within 10 feet of the entrance or isle way. But I think it created a more intimate and up close feel, where the fan was mere feet away from the wrestler.

However, it is pretty awesome to see top draws like HHH or Cena or Orton make their entrance with the giant HD set going crazy with graphics. Only what I would rather see, is that only the main and mid cards get these effects on their entrance. Do we really need guys like Festus or Jamie Noble with an elaborate video package? Probably not. I think WWE needs to pick their spots with their "fanciness" as you call it. Big names get it, lesser draws don't. Sometimes less is more.

I dont mind the new stages. But one of the last things they did to finish off the little bit of ECW that was left was the entrance path, after that there was nothing left except Dreamer.

Am I the only one who really just doesn't give a damn? It's really not that important, and doesn't affect enjoyment of the show at all. I laughed out loud when I read "you feel like you're watching the same show 4 times a week". I mean, really, is the only thing that separates the shows having a different set? It's not like there are different wrestlers, different GMs and different focuses..

I'm totally with Becca here. Honestly, I was unaware the sets have ever changed. I don't watch wrestling for the production quality, obviously since I'm a fan of TNA. Furthermore, with all the shitty storylines and the product's problems as a whole, I get really annoyed when people bitch about the most insignificant bullshit. I mean really, if you watch wrestling and find the stage set to be a problem, maybe wrestling just isn't your thing.

This is really trivial, with that said, I'm mostly indifferent, or in other words, don't really care that greatly. I think the currrent HD stages are just fine. They promote the upcoming pay-per-view. It's also quite intricate and fancy, but you have to be there live to get the full essence of it. I think it did need change though, so i'm in favor of the HD arenas.

Am I the only one who really just doesn't give a damn? It's really not that important, and doesn't affect enjoyment of the show at all. I laughed out loud when I read "you feel like you're watching the same show 4 times a week". I mean, really, is the only thing that separates the shows having a different set? It's not like there are different wrestlers, different GMs and different focuses..

This. This, this, oh ma gawd this.

If your shows' identities are based off of their entrances then your shows suck balls. Good thing though, that's not the case. They have different wrestlers, different feuds, different personalities..hell, even the rings are different colors. If you watch Smackdown and then watch Raw and think you're watching the same show then you're either not paying attention or not that smart to begin with.

Oh, and I like the new entrances. It's better than ECW's jankety curtain with a row of lights above it entrance ramp and Raw and Smackdown aren't exactly hurting because of them. They look really cool, honesty.

I honestly could not care less about what a stage looks like. Hell, every time there is a show in England, they have fucking taxi's everywhere. Who cares about what the stage looks like? It's about what goes on in the ring that matters. The new HD stage isn't that bad either. I actually hated the old stage, you know, the one with the fist coming out of it. What the hell was that supposed to signify? This stage is going to punch it's way into your hearts and living rooms? No! Stages mean shit all. When it comes to the stages, I think the uglier the better, honestly. It means that, with all that shit lying around, we are more likely to see some street fight action.

As for the HD thing itself. It is just a natural progression of things. Things become better and things become obsolete. The stage is just another exmple of this. Just wait and see, there will be a new thing in a couple of years and the WWE will switch back. It's because they always feel that they have to be on the forefront of everything that they change things so much. Trying to keep up with these new fancled devices is hard work ya know.

I do the like HD stages but I prefer the older ones mainly because it gives the show its individuality. My favorite stage was the 1st Smackdown stage, the one with the Ovaltron. But yeah the HD does make the entrances look pretty amazing. I do think that the PPV stages need to be more unique like how they use to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back