The End Of Year WZF Technical Awards

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Since Killjoy! isn't taking my proposed awards categories seriously, I'm just going to do like AMPAS does and give "technical" 'Zonies to the feats worthy of mention that the staff doesn't give a shit about. I'll give the awards out before the EOY threads go up. Be forewarned: you won't be entitled to the nice gold cup sig like the EOY winners get. Like the technical Oscars winners that get a shitty, flimsy plaque with a teeny tiny Oscar on it, I'm going to give you a sig of a shitty, flimsy plaque with a teeny tiny gold cup on it. Categories and nominees will be up shortly. Oh, and the categories won't be open for public vote; I'll pick four other people to vote and we'll choose the winners this way.

Here are the categories. Nominees will be announced sometime in the next few days. Winners will be announced next week:

The Remora Award For Biggest Coattailer

The Bradley Cooper Award for Obscure Veteran Turned A-List Poster

The Spencer Pratt/Brody Jenner Award for Best Forum Bromance (credit to Rated R Nightmare)

The Coco 2009 Rookie of the Year Award For Most Overlooked Poster

The Marty2Hotty Award For Most Delusional Mark

The Tom Hanks Award For Biggest Forum Draw

The Incredible Melting Man Award For Biggest Meltdown (Credit to Boom Goes The Dynamite)

Some of these might be covered in the forum awards already. Let me know if it is.

When someone wins Most Overlooked, are they still overlooked? Plus, if everyone overlooks said poster, how could they possibly win the award?

Fuck. My Slyfox Memorial award idea didn't make either list.
Guess I'll have to come up with a better award idea next year.

When someone wins Most Overlooked, are they still overlooked? Plus, if everyone overlooks said poster, how could they possibly win the award?

This is about righting past wrongs. Maybe we all think someone is a good poster but they don't stick out in our mind, or maybe they lost an award to someone who turned out to be a total flash in the pan.

I don't think it's fully Killjoy's fault that these awards aren't moving along. People don't seem to be that interested this year.

I don't think it's fully Killjoy's fault that these awards aren't moving along. People don't seem to be that interested this year.

I never criticized his handling of the EOY awards. I just said that he didn't take my proposed new categories seriously, meaning that he wasn't going to include them since, more than likely, he and other members of the staff didn't find them worthy of inclusion. This is why I call them the technical awards because, like technical Oscars, no one that's important really gives a shit about them.

Edit: That being said, jglass, I reread my OP and see how it could have been construed as a fuck you to Killjoy! I can say with all sincerity that it wasn't and that I'm only doing this because I like the categories I made and want to hand out shitty, flimsy sig plaques.

I never criticized his handling of the EOY awards. I just said that he didn't take my proposed new categories seriously, meaning that he wasn't going to include them since, more than likely, he and other members of the staff didn't find them worthy of inclusion. This is why I call them the technical awards because, like technical Oscars, no one that's important really gives a shit about them.

Edit: That being said, jglass, I reread my OP and see how it could have been construed as a fuck you to Killjoy! I can say with all sincerity that it wasn't and that I'm only doing this because I like the categories I made and want to hand out shitty, flimsy sig plaques.

And likewise, I didn't mean to put you on the spot for your OP, I just wanted to point out that the WZ EOTY awards are, sadly, not exactly as hotly anticipated this year as they have been in years past. I suppose it's because it's been a rather slow year on the forum, probably due to a decrease in Coco and NorCal posting.

A few spots still need to be filled. Nominate some peeps and we'll get the ball rolling for winners.

The Remora Award For Biggest Coattailer
Mike Killam

Macios

Milenko

Milkyway!

Doug Crashin'

The Bradley Cooper Award for Obscure Veteran Turned A-List Poster
Lowdown

Slash-LN

Diet Soda
***I have two spots left here if anyone wants to recommend anyone else.

The Spencer Pratt/Brody Jenner Award for Best Forum Bromance (credit to Rated R Nightmare)
tdigle, Indyjon22, and jmt225 (a menage-a-brois, if you will)

tdigle and Mitch

Coco and GD

LSN and Mustang Sally (not a bromance technically, but they deserve mention here, and LSN's married so everyone else might as well be a dude...no offense, Sally)

CH David and The Brain

NorCal and IC

Tastycles and Uncle Sam

The Coco 2009 Rookie of the Year Award For Most Overlooked Poster
Coco

Echelon (was a G-Mod, now a criminally underrated contributor to the forums...I almost included Shocky as well for this reason, as he was an admin, but he's not really overlooked as much as he's just very low-key a la Jack-hammer)

Blade

Remix/Nu Sexier Noun

Red Skull

Boom! Goes The Dynamite

Whap Me Jungles

The Marty2Hotty Award For Most Delusional Mark

Zeven Zion

It's Damn Real

shattered dreams (despite what other peeps think, I still love ya, bro)

**Two more spots available here

The Tom Hanks Award For Biggest Forum Draw

klunderbunker

Slyfox696

Mighty NorCal

Uncle Sam

Dagger Dias

Coco

Y 2 Jake

The Incredible Melting Man Award For Biggest Meltdown (Credit to Boom Goes The Dynamite)

Anonymous Mozzarella

***Four spots available here...

They can't get more delusional than Mack Swagger who seems to live in his own separate reality.

I know these nominees aren't really done by committee, but being that I've kept a watchful eye on WrestleZone forums for several years now, I would be remiss if I didn't get my two cents in here.

NorCal/IC is not the NJX bromance. IC/D-Man is the NJX bromance. Also, it's a crime that Doc and I aren't included on that list. Seriously, this isn't me whining: that list is not complete without the minds behind Saxton and Saboteur and the BattleZone Tournament on there.

I kind of like Rayne for most criminally overlooked poster. He's probably a better poster than everyone on that list (sorry guys), but he posts about half as much as any of them. Backstage Fallout is also way more overlooked than anyone on that list, and he's also just as good as most of them.

Not to brag or anything, but the thread with my name on it is the second most posted in thread in the history of WrestleZone Forums as far as I can tell. Seems like that would at least warrant a nomination for biggest forum draw.

Obscure Vet turned A-Lister needs some more names. If Diet Soda, 2012 ROTY runner-up can be on that list, I think LSN should be too. He took a fairly long sabbatical from the forum, but he's back and better than ever. Mitch might deserve a nod too. Many of us have known for years that Mitch is a phenomenal poster, but he didn't really get the recognition he deserved until this year.

Jon Jones' Jobber/Chael Prophet could win delusional mark of the year award, not for being a Chael mark, but for being a mark for himself in WZCW.

Biggest forum meltdown... were there any other meltdowns this year?

Stormtrooper is pretty delusional with his thoughts regarding the Wii U. Then again he's pretty delusional in general. Plus i know this will annoy him.

I kind of like Rayne for most criminally overlooked poster. He's probably a better poster than everyone on that list (sorry guys), but he posts about half as much as any of them.

Glad to see that the barbs from the fallout of the election have receded :)

I think that something that works against Rayne's notoriety is that he posts a lot about TNA, which I'd bet has had far less traffic going through it over the past year and so affects how many people read his posts.

Dowds should probably be on the most overlooked list too. The fact that I overlooked him when I know he's great just goes to prove that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back