• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ECW new talent initiative: Who benefited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchline

Occasional Pre-Show
So a few years ago, they ran the New Talent Initiative in ECW that saw an influx of new stars into the company such as Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston. and Yoshi Tatsu among many others (including some guys that didn't stick around too long like Ryan Braddock, Garvin Spears, and Ricky Ortiz). Looking back, this period produced many flops, but it also produced many new stars and future champions.

So i present three questions to the forum:
1. Who do you think has come the farthest since then?

2. Who do you personally like the best out of these superstars?

3. Looking back, who did you initially think would go on to have successful careers?

1. Sheamus. 2 time wwe champ, former US, King of the Ring
2. Zack Ryder. so charismatic and phenomenal at playing his gimmick
3. Zack Ryder. he was always in the title picture in EE-CEEE-Double U

zack ryder wasnt part of the ecw talent inititave.
anyway,
1. Sheamus. 2 Time WWE champ and a United States Champ
2. Sheamus. Always liked him. Thot he looked INSANE!
3. Evan Bourne/ Kofi Kingston/ Sheamus(I think I was the only one who thought he would be be a big name :))

1. Push-wise, I'd say Sheamus for the reasons listed above. Career-wise though, I'd also add in Evan Bourne. He may never become a main eventer, but i think he's solidified himself in the company as great "enhancement talent" and would be shocked to see him future endeavored anytime soon.

2. Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger.

3. Jack Swagger. he had a great look and was one of the best new comers at the time as far as in-ring ability went.

1. Sheamus, easily. 2 time WWE champ. Went from ECW to WWE champ within months, has had some good feuds and big name matches with John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, and John Morrison. Although he has been on a slump as of late, his move to smackdown! should see him back in the main event level fairly soon.

2. Jack swagger. Some people like him, some people don't. I personally think he's great. Awesome in the ring, not bad on the mic. With the abundance of heels on raw, once his work with Cole and Lawler is down, I'd love to see him turn face and push up the card again, maybe start a fued with Drew McIntyre, who could use something to do at the moment. His world title reign wasn't anything special, but it was nowhere near as bad as most claimed it to be, it was a nice change from the guys that we're used to seeing as champion.

3. Sheamus and Swagger both have the potential to have very good careers. It's up to them to take advantage of every oppurtunity that comes their way, and hope that creative doesn't fuck them up.

I think it comes down to just two people that Punchline and RKOPunk have mentioned.

Sheamus –
King Of The Ring
United States Champion
WWE Champion (2 times)

Jack Swagger –
Mr. Money In The Bank
ECW Champion
World Heavyweight Champion

With a WWE / World Title reign, these two have even surpassed the ECW / WWECW Stars that were already established, except for maybe Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back