• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Confusing Debacle that is TNA and their fan base

T2KFreeker

Getting Noticed By Management
So, I really have to ask . . . who really is the TNA fan base? I see bitvhing day in and day out about how bad TNA is and how much like WWE it is and how much like WCW it is and how it need to be this and how it needs to be that and blah, blah, blah, blah, BLAH! I am trying to understand how this works. For one fan, if they don't do what they want them to do, then they suck for not catering to you, and then they are idiots for not catering to this pother group over here, and then they are stupid because the bookings trash and then they are stupid because they only use ex-WWE wrestlers and then they are stupid for staying in the iMPACT! Zone only, I swear, this is irritating as all Hell.

I am an oldschool wrestling fan from way back. I grew up watching the WWF grow and destroy all of it's competition and have had the luxury of seeing many promotions because of moving quite a bit due to the military lifestyle I was raised in. Of all the promotions I have seen, I have never seen so much Venom for one promtion before as I have seen fro TNA. So what if they recycle storylines, WWE does it all the time. So what if they do stuff to grab ratings, WWE does it all the time. So what if some of the storylines are htrrid, yeah, like Killing Vince McMahon two years in a row or Katie Vick was genius? How about pulling objects out of Triple H's Butt in a mock surgery including his head? Anyone remember May Young giving birth to a hand? Guess what? People loved that crap.

It seems to me that the majority of people hate the things TNA is doing long before it has had a chance to do anything with it. My point is that they are trying, and if you don't like it, don't watch it. Damn, I just get so tired of hearing the complaints. The company is trying to get ratings because; That's what wrestling is about, supposedly. So, Ratings lead to Money and Money is the only thing wrestling is about, but yet TNA gets clobbered with a landslide when they do what the industry is all about? Yeah, so I am trying to figure this one out. Who is TNA supposed to listen to. The money Marks Bitch when TNA doesn't do what they want. So they do, and then they have the IWC bitching because they dared to try and pull a fast one on them, so then they go with that one and then the "Hardcore" fans that have been there since the beginning that complain that the WWE guys are getting more ring time than AJ Styles are complaining. So basically, the point is that the majority of wrestling fans want to see TNA fail so they can wave their "I Told You So" banner in the air, yes?

I agree. I too get sick and tired of all the bitching. It's as if only TNA does it, and people feel much more comfortable shitting on TNA, a much, much smaller company, than doing it to WWE. If you look back 10 years, WWE's done a LOT more stupid ass things than TNA. As a matter of fact, when has TNA done something as stupid as ... say .. Heidenreich raping Michael Cole on national TV?

Fact is, TNA is doing a pretty darn good job, people won't give them credit for ANYTHING because ... well it's TNA and it's hip to crap on it, just like it was hip to shit on Cena a few years ago and now it's out of style.

I sometimes feel that the majority of the people who post in the TNA section of these forums are people who hate it, instead of fans who come here and discuss things like reasonable beings. I RARELY see people who don't like the product put two LOGICAL sentences together and give me arguments to believe that the product DOES suck as bad as they turn it out to be. All I hear is "their booking sucks". Then I ask why, they give me the reasons and it's COMPLETE bullshit. The booking has flaws, indeed, but show me ONE promotion that has flawless booking. I dare anybody to do that. ONE promotion, just ONE.

Show me a promotion that doesn't overhype their storylines, pay-per views and shows. ONE! Just ONE! It's how you market things! You're not honest! You do your best to make these people BELIEVE that this product is worth watching or the PPV worth buying. The result itself almost never sucks -- it's very subjective. Some people hated BFG, some loved it. It's just how advertising works. Adds are NEVER honest.

"Our burgers are not as good as other companies' burgers, but they're cheaper, so buy 'em"

Yeah, that's gonna work.

"We're TNA, we're a small company and we can't give you Wrestlemania, we can't give you fireworks and huge arenas, we can't get all sorts of celebrities 'cause we don't have the money. We'll give you good wrestling and oh by the way "they are not coming" they were here all along. FYI"

People need to lay off and shut the fuck up for once. TNA's got as much problems as WWE. Thing is -- TNA is doing SOMETHING. They're doing new things, taking new approaches. You have Reaction -- never before done in wrestling. They focus on the IWC and fooling all of us, making it interesting because they're WELL aware that this isn't 1999 and it's ALL about the Internet now. They go for shocks, huge storylines, signing big names, reinventing a product. Unlike WWE, things are happening in TNA. All WWE has right now is just a REHASHES HBK vs JBL storyline with Cena and Nexus. Big fucking whoop, they didn't even turn him heel. It's HBK and JBL all over again. He'll overcome the odds in the end, blah blah blah. Why should I care? Taker and Kane? Good twist with Bearer, but in the end we're going to see the SAME match we saw two times already. The promo package will be the shit, the match will be SHIT. Why? 'Cause it's one guy on the wrong side of 40 and a guy in his early 50's I believe. Two big old men that can barely fucking move. That's it.

Fact is, things happen in TNA and they happen good. WWE does NOTHING and that's why you can't crap on it much because they're afraid of making their product more complex 'cause their booking will be 10x worse than TNA's. Plus, all the kiddies are fed mediocrity and simplicity, they can't APPRECIATE a good storyline because they're kids. They just wanna see the faces win. That's it. Lazy booking.

Oh my god shut up!!! im nt goin to write a story lik you idiots but i am a former TNA fan before Hogan and bischoff came and ruined it. But for better in the ring you must clearly not be watching impact, no match has lasted more than five minutes in months, too many promos of bullshit, bischoff wrecked WCW and is doing the exact same shit here to wreck TNA, Hogan was suppose to be the man to take TNA past WWE and at everything since he joined he has come up short, there is nothing wrong with reinviting storylines but god dont use the same ones as last year or the bad ones that never worked, Fortune are not getting over because of bad bookings, EV2 is bad dragged out storyline with washed up has beens, and WWE need to make up more "crap" because they have alot more TV time to cover. As for the undertaker Kane thing you clearly haven watched there latest matches AWESOME.......and for putting old people in the ring em....tna been doing it for years and lately theyv had a washed up HOGAN NASH JARRET EV2RIC FLAIR.
Facts are still facts
Hogan and Bischoff have just been helping themselves and there mates, blowing smoke with no fire i.e THEY and bringing in talent they cant afford to keep RVD(great wrestler but nt been around because tna cnt afford his apperances)
So you made a discussion with no facts no base and the reality is you havent watch TNA from the start and dont understand why people get so annoyed with it at the minute so please go away and leave real wrestling talk to real wrestling fans

well it's TNA and it's hip to crap on it

That pretty much sums it up. It seems that rather than crap on the entire current state of wrestling we have a generation of fans & 'journalists' that crap on TNA's every move.

You both summed it up pretty well though, the wrestling world is full of hypocrites and people who just dont know what they want. But my main gripe with TNA hating is how 'clued-in' people claim to be about all of TNA's business practices and finance...

Right, so you "know" the PPV buys a privately traded company gets, despite the fact that they dont release them to the public! They're going broke, why are they wasting money on this!!! Really? if there company wasnt showing any signs of profit in this difficult financial time we wouldnt be seeing them expand, move into new markets, book celebs, go overseas. Because funnily enough, in the real world, TNA will have to present their books and finance's to creditors all the time to prove that these ventures & investments are worth it! If they are doing them then they are fine.

And not to bark on about it, but where did you get your intel? Because TNA's finance are private from public view. You wanna look at a company who has rocky (ha) financials? look at WWE (http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=WWE#symbol=WWE;range=5y)

To be honest the main damaging thing to TNA's reputation is the intelligence the "news" sites receive. And the same problem exists in the celeb news world, journalists don't have to list their sources, so anyone can make up anything about a celeb and as long as its not considered libellous, they will usually get away with it, through clever wording. I swear wrestling sites do the same thing, how many rumours have you heard that never came true? or were on the site one day, not spoke of again? Now, it may not be the site making things up or fabricating stories, it may be their insider sources not been reliable, or the damage may come from biased fan reports, that are taken as fact by alot of sites/journalists/fans. We need some journalistic integrity in wrestling, and sites need to look at who is writing for them and what biases they hold - Mark Madden sounds like a bitter old man, who is just pissed because TNA has offered him a job along side his buddies. Wade Keller & James Caldwell @ Pwtorch, always rag on TNA when even a remotely improtected chair shot happens, but heap praise on Dragon Gate & ROH, despite the fact that they constantly feature dangerous neck bumps, that are more likely to be damaging to a wrestlers long term health.

I might experiment over the next few weeks and send in fan reports and news to sites and see how much gets published as fact, despite it been nonsense.

GOOD THREAD! Repped you both.

And just as i was typing that last post, someone proves my point.....

Hogan and Bischoff have just been helping themselves and there mates, blowing smoke with no fire i.e THEY and bringing in talent they cant afford to keep RVD(great wrestler but nt been around because tna cnt afford his apperances)

Can i see your photocopy of RVD's paycheck please? And your photocopy of TNA's books for the last financial quarter? or failing that a link to your sources, seen as you present them as "fact"....

The problem with TNA is, their fan base is a bunch of spastic marks, well majority of them. Look at the iMPACT Zone half of them cheer what isn't supposed to be cheered. TNA's major downfall is that is doesn't cater to the casual fan, this is it's key to success. But other than that you know why i respect and am becoming quite a fan of TNA because they are not afraid to try something new and take a risk. TNA will do a piss poor storyline and then make up for it, Abyss and the ring situation was really bad but look at the end result a compeling entertaining storyline that has left everybody puzzled for the right reasons. Nobody gives TNA a chance, everybody has jumped on the let's bash TNA bandwagon.

But like i said TNA has made me a new fan of theirs in recent months, and i respect them very much for being able to take a risk and try to get out of their comfort zone to try and pull in rating, fans etc. I want TNA to succeed. TNA is a developing company, people forget that, it has only been around for 10+ years and it has achieved a lot.

So you made a discussion with no facts no base and the reality is you havent watch TNA from the start and dont understand why people get so annoyed with it at the minute so please go away and leave real wrestling talk to real wrestling fans
What? So then you know what I have been watching now? I used to order every damn PPV that I could from TNA when they were doing the weeklys from the Assylum, so go blow. Back when guys like Raven, America's most Wanted, Monty Brown, The 3 Live Krew, Triple X, Shane Douglas, Kid Kash, Hell, all the oldschool TNA wrestlers were there. Hell, one of my favorite feuds from back then was the one between AJ and D-Lo Brown. Some truely awesome ring work there. Don't tell me what I have been watching from the beginning, Pal. I do understand some of the frustration with the changes in TNA, but to Damn the entire product just because you don't agree with some of the stuff going on is ludicrous. Also, yes, I have been watching TNA and their supposedly "No Longer Than 5 minutes Matches". Again, I don't know what show you are watching, but okay. Also, you are right again, I do not watch WWE anymore. I stopped around the time the guest hosts started killing the mood.And just because I don't agree with your views doesn't make me any less of a wrestling fan than you are. :rolleyes: Now, go crawl back in the basement and type some other childish gibberish that makes no sense again. I'll hold your ego at the door.

What some of you fail to realize it's not TNA's past people hate on, it's their recent product where much of the hate has stemmed from. Yes WWE has done some horrible shit but if you compare both companies from 07-10 TNA has done much more insanely stupid things eg. Moresca Sharmell.

It's not cool to hate TNA, that's just an absolute cop out where you assume people hate on TNA not because of their opinion on the quality but their conformist tendencies. So what hating a product and expressing your opinion by giving the reasons as to your stance isn't discussing the TNA? That's bullshit right there. It's not a question of TNA having perfect booking, it's a question of TNA having adequate booking that the majority of viewers will be satisfied by and that will attract new fans. TNA doesn't do this.....at all. Again you need to satisfy people's needs with delivery that will at LEAST satisfy them not necessarily meet the expectations that you have set. The Hardy heel turn was interesting and intriguing but 'they' themselves is just so purposeless and 'loose'. Naturally PPV's are over hyped to increase business but is it not reasonable to ask for adequate fulfillment? TNA doing something? Something fucking horrible more like it. EV 2.0 beating Fortune, Nash beating Joe, but fuck that let's complain about Taker and Kane. A new Nwo isn't doing the same shit but who fucking cares about that when we have Cena overcoming the odds once again. Things aren't happening in the WWE? Nexus, Miz, Orton are all shit that are happening but let's fucking ignore that because look Mr Anderson is screaming asshole and OMFGGGGGGGGGGGG Hogan turned heeeeeeeellll. What a fucking shock HOLLLLLYYYYY SHHHHHHHITTTT.

What you fail to realize that the WWE product is financially successfully and there is a purpose to the way they do things, it works. TNA have everything to be financially successful: amazing roster, money, tv show and yet they're not making money and have gone absolutely nowhere in 2 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfPgnxXGwgs googled this and found this video.

You know I was watching Bound For Glory and was rather enjoying the RVD Vs Abyss match for the hardcore mess that it was but then you had the morons in the crowd chanting "This is wrestling" and, for me, that completely pissed me off and ruined the match for me. That's a lot of the problem I have with TNA. I like a lot of what they do now but the blind following and the out of place chants as mentioned above, really get up my nose. For once I can't even blame the damn Impact Zone because they weren't there but, my god, they did it again during the Lethal Lockdown cage match. I can handle the "This is Awesome" chants but to hear them pissing over WWE's attempts at straight wrestling matches as "below standard" while referring to a high-spot garbage match as "wrestling" is just annoying

You know, this is disgusting already. You're not allowed to criticize TNA without getting a bunch of people jumping down your throat with the "omg...he's bitching about tna. tna is so much better than wwe. tna can't do anything right without you shitting on them." Seriously, shut the hell up. What's bullshit is the inability to speak your mind without being dubbed a hater. What if people bitch because they want the product to be better? What if, and bare with me here because I know this is just going to kill some of you...what if Hogan and Bischoff turning heel wasn't so shocking to some of us? What if it was the ONLY possible thing some of us could imagine? Where is this IWC being fooled thing happening? Because they turned Hardy heel? So what? That's what's going to change the business forever? That's what all the hype was over? So I could wait 2 full days and read the spoilers for the next 2 weeks of nothing new? Forgive me if this doesn't exactly have a "we've been planning this since last March" feel to it as Bischoff claimed. So you loved it. That's your opinion. I'm not gonna sit here and bash you as a lover who can be pleased by everything. I'm not going to question how you can sit through the main event of BFG watching all 3 competitors hitting their finishers (and super finishers) over and over without getting a 3 count and wondering why you think that somehow makes everyone look better instead of worse (oh wait). I'm so sick and tired of you people posting about how much you hate tna criticism. Oh well, maybe I just shouldn't watch. Since I'm a WWE buttboy I can just enjoy their mediocre programming and keep my mouth shut. Maybe I'll go to sleep and dream about the Attitude Era because I'm probably just longing for it. Typical. Listen, the WWE sucks right now...but it doesn't TNA suck.

I love TNA, I hate all the hate it gets. But I do understand it. TNA has a lit of problems but as others have mentioned they are a not even 10 year old company. WWE has been around at least 50 years. They have had 50+ years to reach where they are, hell it took WCW 20+ years and a name change for them to catch the WWE.

So please, cut TNA some slack, they are trying there best but it is hard to do your best when your told everything you do is wrong. Nothing pleases everyone and it seems that is what everyone wants. But anyway, I still think what's on TNA is lot better than the shit WWE is selling.

So people, PLEASE lay off TNA

With TNA completely aware of the mistakes of WCW and a corporate sponsor backing they should be absolutely in a better position than they are in currently. 04,05,06,07 It was GROWING immensely but over the past 2 years it's been horse shit and i shouldn't take them this long to get it right.

You know, this is disgusting already. You're not allowed to criticize TNA without getting a bunch of people jumping down your throat with the "omg...he's bitching about tna. tna is so much better than wwe. tna can't do anything right without you shitting on them." Seriously, shut the hell up. What's bullshit is the inability to speak your mind without being dubbed a hater. What if people bitch because they want the product to be better? What if, and bare with me here because I know this is just going to kill some of you...what if Hogan and Bischoff turning heel wasn't so shocking to some of us? What if it was the ONLY possible thing some of us could imagine? Where is this IWC being fooled thing happening? Because they turned Hardy heel? So what? That's what's going to change the business forever? That's what all the hype was over? So I could wait 2 full days and read the spoilers for the next 2 weeks of nothing new? Forgive me if this doesn't exactly have a "we've been planning this since last March" feel to it as Bischoff claimed. So you loved it. That's your opinion. I'm not gonna sit here and bash you as a lover who can be pleased by everything. I'm not going to question how you can sit through the main event of BFG watching all 3 competitors hitting their finishers (and super finishers) over and over without getting a 3 count and wondering why you think that somehow makes everyone look better instead of worse (oh wait). I'm so of you people posting about how much you hate tna criticism. Oh well, maybe I just shouldn't watch. Since I'm a WWE buttboy I can just enjoy their mediocre programming and keep my mouth shut. Maybe I'll go to sleep and dream about the Attitude Era because I'm probably just longing for it. Typical. Listen, the WWE sucks right now...but it doesn't TNA suck.

Here is the problem and I will try and be clear as possible about it. Both companies are complete shit. You can't find anyway around it and that is fact. The booking, story lines, and wrestling. All garbage. At this point you pretty much either watch because you are loyal to wrestling or a wrestler and you hope for the best.

Now that we got that out of the way lets get down to it. Since we all know the problems that both companies have what is the point for a fan of just the WWE to come in here and complain about anything. What gives anyone a right who is not a fan of both products to complain about something. I have seen WWE fans say TNA needs to be treated just like the WWE. Well if that is the case then there are no exception. A WWE fan should never complain about booking and story lines. Especially rehashed story lines. Honestly you should be banned from this website if you complain about rehashed story lines. They have happened for 30 plus years in all companies, yet TNA gets shit for it and everyone else is the exception.

It seems like this forum has turned into a riot. We barely have normal discussions anymore because people can;t stop with the hate. I don't see any TNA fan going over to the WWE forum and in every thread shit on their product and how it is the same old shit. If it does happen it is no where near the amount in this forum.

I see people want competition, but then refuse to watch TNA programing. Well if you can live through the worst WWE stuff then you can get through an episode of Impact because it is not as bad as the worst times of WWE.

I don't understand why people bitch and moan every single day. I sign on to these boards and it is the same shit just worded differently. TNA did this wrong and they did that wrong. They are pushing this guy when they should be pushing that guy. Why is everyone a fucking booker all of a sudden?

The internet fans have destroyed this business. Instead of internet wrestling fans enjoying the product that would rather shit on it because they know better then everyone else. The people who sit at their computers just hitting the refresh button to find out more unproven facts they can pass of as truth.

Just shut the fuck up and I mean everyone shut the fuck up and either watch the shows or don't. Pick a side or don't, but don't fucking come in to either forum complaining about something that the other company is doing just as bad because the shit is real old. I mean just within the past 3 days we have had more topics about people hating TNA then actual real topics about discussing the story lines and wrestlers. That is when this becomes a problem. I am so tired of it and it seems like no matter what TNA does it will never be good enough because in Stamford Connecticut their seems to be an exception over everyone else and sadly the fans have allowed it to be that way.

I used to watch TNA a couple of years ago and for some reason or other, can't even remember why, I just got really pissed off the with product. I started watching again this year when they moved to Monday nights, mostly because the WWE is putting out crap these days.

Now I love TNA again and wish I hadn't waited so long to come back to it. Say what you want about the length of the matches, the horrible chants in the Impact Zone or anything else, their product right now is better than the WWE's by far. I find Impact and Reaction much more entertaining than anything other wrestling show on the tube right now.

A huge crowd is great, but most times when I watch RAW the crowd is dead, so having 16,000 sitting on their hands is worse than 2,000 cheering. Also the bitching about storylines is just ridiculous. How many storylines can you come up with in wrestling without completely changing the roster every six months, not many. All the wrestling promotions re-hash their story lines all the time, so if your a long time fan you should be used to it.

I don't care what others think about TNA, to me, my opinion is the only one I care about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron5000 View Post
You know, this is disgusting already. You're not allowed to criticize TNA without getting a bunch of people jumping down your throat with the "omg...he's bitching about tna. tna is so much better than wwe. tna can't do anything right without you shitting on them." Seriously, shut the hell up. What's bullshit is the inability to speak your mind without being dubbed a hater. What if people bitch because they want the product to be better? What if, and bare with me here because I know this is just going to kill some of you...what if Hogan and Bischoff turning heel wasn't so shocking to some of us? What if it was the ONLY possible thing some of us could imagine? Where is this IWC being fooled thing happening? Because they turned Hardy heel? So what? That's what's going to change the business forever? That's what all the hype was over? So I could wait 2 full days and read the spoilers for the next 2 weeks of nothing new? Forgive me if this doesn't exactly have a "we've been planning this since last March" feel to it as Bischoff claimed. So you loved it. That's your opinion. I'm not gonna sit here and bash you as a lover who can be pleased by everything. I'm not going to question how you can sit through the main event of BFG watching all 3 competitors hitting their finishers (and super finishers) over and over without getting a 3 count and wondering why you think that somehow makes everyone look better instead of worse (oh wait). I'm so of you people posting about how much you hate tna criticism. Oh well, maybe I just shouldn't watch. Since I'm a WWE buttboy I can just enjoy their mediocre programming and keep my mouth shut. Maybe I'll go to sleep and dream about the Attitude Era because I'm probably just longing for it. Typical. Listen, the WWE sucks right now...but it doesn't TNA suck.
Here is the problem and I will try and be clear as possible about it. Both companies are complete shit. You can't find anyway around it and that is fact. The booking, story lines, and wrestling. All garbage. At this point you pretty much either watch because you are loyal to wrestling or a wrestler and you hope for the best.

Now that we got that out of the way lets get down to it. Since we all know the problems that both companies have what is the point for a fan of just the WWE to come in here and complain about anything. What gives anyone a right who is not a fan of both products to complain about something. I have seen WWE fans say TNA needs to be treated just like the WWE. Well if that is the case then there are no exception. A WWE fan should never complain about booking and story lines. Especially rehashed story lines. Honestly you should be banned from this website if you complain about rehashed story lines. They have happened for 30 plus years in all companies, yet TNA gets shit for it and everyone else is the exception.

It seems like this forum has turned into a riot. We barely have normal discussions anymore because people can;t stop with the hate. I don't see any TNA fan going over to the WWE forum and in every thread shit on their product and how it is the same old shit. If it does happen it is no where near the amount in this forum.

I see people want competition, but then refuse to watch TNA programing. Well if you can live through the worst WWE stuff then you can get through an episode of Impact because it is not as bad as the worst times of WWE.

I don't understand why people bitch and moan every single day. I sign on to these boards and it is the same shit just worded differently. TNA did this wrong and they did that wrong. They are pushing this guy when they should be pushing that guy. Why is everyone a fucking booker all of a sudden?

The internet fans have destroyed this business. Instead of internet wrestling fans enjoying the product that would rather shit on it because they know better then everyone else. The people who sit at their computers just hitting the refresh button to find out more unproven facts they can pass of as truth.

Just shut the fuck up and I mean everyone shut the fuck up and either watch the shows or don't. Pick a side or don't, but don't fucking come in to either forum complaining about something that the other company is doing just as bad because the shit is real old. I mean just within the past 3 days we have had more topics about people hating TNA then actual real topics about discussing the story lines and wrestlers. That is when this becomes a problem. I am so tired of it and it seems like no matter what TNA does it will never be good enough because in Stamford Connecticut their seems to be an exception over everyone else and sadly the fans have allowed it to be that way.
You have to understand that this tactic by the WWE works. They make shitloads of money using this tactic, having Cena as superman, having Hornswoggle, while at TNA what they're doing isn't viable. Many fans are more critical of TNA for the mere reason they have everything to be good, don't have a financial reason to be the way they are and yet still they suck.

You know I was watching Bound For Glory and was rather enjoying the RVD Vs Abyss match for the hardcore mess that it was but then you had the morons in the crowd chanting "This is wrestling" and, for me, that completely pissed me off and ruined the match for me. That's a lot of the problem I have with TNA. I like a lot of what they do now but the blind following and the out of place chants as mentioned above, really get up my nose. For once I can't even blame the damn Impact Zone because they weren't there but, my god, they did it again during the Lethal Lockdown cage match. I can handle the "This is Awesome" chants but to hear them pissing over WWE's attempts at straight wrestling matches as "below standard" while referring to a high-spot garbage match as "wrestling" is just annoying

That's not wrestling these fans are a joke to think that is wrestling. What was wrestling ROH Glory By Honor IX The Kings Of Wrestling vs The Worlds Greatest Tag Team <----------- top 10 match of the year

You have to understand that this tactic by the WWE works. They make shitloads of money using this tactic, having Cena as superman, having Hornswoggle, while at TNA what they're doing isn't viable. Many fans are more critical of TNA for the mere reason they have everything to be good, don't have a financial reason to be the way they are and yet still they suck.

I didn't see anyone willing to watch and people still complained while Joe, Daniels, and Styles where doing there thing. Yes they have all this talent, but my point was no matter what they do it will never be good enough because of the fans since there will always be an exception. Hell I see people complain about TNA signing people and putting them in title matches right away yet everyone ignores ROH doing it with WGTT and Homicide.

That's not wrestling these fans are a joke to think that is wrestling. What was wrestling ROH Glory By Honor IX The Kings Of Wrestling vs The Worlds Greatest Tag Team <----------- top 10 match of the year
sendpm.gif
This is true but it's naturally mutual with fans. But there is a fine line to what fans consider good and what fans straight out dislike. TNA can be good enough as people usually just emphasize the faults of TNA and less so the WWE. Remember 2005?

Watch or do not, there is no whine

It's always amazing to me how folks choose to spend (waste?) time disecting the current TNA (or WWE) product, create bullet point lists of what they don't like, and then proceed to use that as evidence supporting the imminent failure of the company.

Look... I'm not saying that wrestlers, plot lines, angles, and gimmicks shouldn't be discussed. That's entirely what the forums are for. Nor am I saying there shouldn't be disagreement, or that truly bad stuff shouldn't be called out. But this nonsense of "I hope TNA fails for this" or "I don't like it so nobody else should either" attitude is ridiculous.

As for the OP, I think the "confusing debacle" is ill-represented by the vocal minority who come here and onto other wrestling forums to do nothing but trash TNA at every turn of the wheel. Even if there are thousands of people on WZ alone calling for the complete downfall of the company and requesting Dixie, Hogan, and Bischoffs heads on a platter, it pales in comparison to the million plus folks who watch each week.

Trust me, if TNA is really that bad it will go away all by itself with as much or as little effort as all the naysayers and pessimists could ever possibly provide. Like any other "product", the ratings, buy-rates, and merchandise sales are what will ultimately tell the story. Don't like it? Don't watch their programs or purchase their offerings. Problem solved.

I'm a fan of wrestling. Plain and simple.

I have been a lifelong WWE fan, but I do love watching TNA purely for the wrestling. That is it. I would class myself as a TNA fan, but I don't watch it weekly like I do the WWE, because, even though the WWE sometimes has trash storyline's and crap booking, to put it simply, its been there longer. I find it difficult sometimes to get lost in the stories that TNA try to put on, and the whole THEY thing reminds me of 1996 too much.

But its difficult to cater to everyone. That is why things like this forum are here to divide opinion.

TNA and WWE will always divide opinion, but your never going to love everything a promotion puts out. That's just life.

Okay to start… I am a fan of TNA, I watch it every week even though I don't always like what I'm seeing. I've been watching TNA since the start, and the reason I started watching was it was the alternative. I've always been a fan of the underdog, and that's what TNA is. TNA were using the guys that weren’t getting a chance in WWE and I loved that. The guy’s they were using weren’t over hill, guys like Ron Killings who got wasted in WWE were able to shine.

The reason I can be found moaning about the current product, is that I remember seeing TNA growing to become a really cool program, their roster had a great mix of talented "Indy" wrestlers and veterans... But the limelight was shared!

In the old days of TNA the focus was allowed to be on the X-division, or the Knockouts or the Tag-team. They had a great balance. It was good wrestling.

My problem and the reason I get pissed off is that TNA has lost its identity, the things that made it unique. You can look at it as being childish, me fighting change, but the fact is there have been a lot of firing and hiring, the focus has shifted to Hogan and his boys, the other divisions have had to take a backseat and the balance is gone.

The Hogan regime has tried to make TNA conform to a mould that wasn't its own but rather WWE/WCW and the product is suffering.

I feel the same way with TNA as when I see the sports teams I support nosedive. I will still support TNA I will have my tickets for when they tour... But I'm not happy for what has been lost.
The reason TNA fans moan is they want an alternate not a cheap knock off of another promotion.

Both WWE and TNA are always going to have haters. People that will watch both shows all the way through. Then come on forums and bash the hell out of one of them. TNA marks just take it more personally than the WWE marks in my opinion. If someone disagrees or dislikes TNA for whatever reason. A TNA mark will jump all over them. Defending TNA tooth and nail at the same time comparing it to a tee with WWE. If it sucks so bad why watch it and know every angle they're doing? Same goes for WWE marks why watch it if you think it sucks?

Everyone has the right to their opinion so I don't get why people care so much if they think TNA sucks or WWE sucks. WWE has definitely put out it's far share of crap over the years. It's not at it's best right now, but I still prefer it over TNA. I don't hate TNA nor do I bash it. I think TNA was better before Hogan and Bischoff. It was completely different from WWE back then. Now I see it as having potential. I don't get a lot of the storylines and booking right now, but I'm still trying to watch every week and hope things get better.

I do think TNA should be further along than they are in ratings and overall popularity. They've been out in a national level for many years now. TNA marks like to point out WWE has had 50 years to get where they are. That's true to extent. For many years they were only a regional territory just like every wrestling company was back then. Vince took over and started going national in late '83 early '84. By 1985 the first Wrestlemania took place as well as the Rock and Wrestling movement. WWF were doing Saturday Nights Main Event on NBC and was a pop culture phenomenon. Eight years later TNA can't draw a constant 1.3.

I do not think even the markiest of us supposed TNA marks take issue with people not liking the product. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The issue for me is how and where they go about expressing this opinion. It has improved marginally but for a long time just about every single thread in the TNA section contained two or more people going on a totally off-topic rant about every thing they would do differently or do not like about TNA. They included no justification/explanation and let's just say the ideas were not exactly original and thus tended to be repeated a lot. If the dissenting opinion fits the subject at hand and is willing to be defended or explained then that is fine. If people just want to rant random, off topic, oft-repeated never explained, gibberish then that is what pisses us off.

At times the hate is understandable, like with "they", or Joe being kidnapped by masked men and we never get an explanation. But I definitely feel like TNA gets way too much unwarranted hate.

First and foremost, I'm a wrestling fan, and not a WWE or TNA fanboy like a good bit of people on here. From a wrestling standpoint, TNA is putting out the best product right now (Angle/Hardy, MCMG/GenMe as a few examples). From a storyline standpoint? Depends who you ask. It's pretty early to bash "they", but right now I just don't feel like this angle has the legs to last. I feel like it'll get dropped quicker than planned once ratings go down. I really just can't see Hardy as a legitimate heel, and "they" really aren't exactly a menacing bunch.

It all comes down to personal taste, and for me, WWE's wrestling is really slower-paced and just feels outdated to me. Whereas for me TNA's in-ring product feels quicker-paced not to mention modern and original.Though I have to give credit where credit is due, the Nexus angle has been very good overall, and it's easily the best angle of 2010.

The amount of hate TNA gets is definitely a bit over the top, though if this "they" angle does actually bomb, then TNA probably deserves it.

I'm going to try and take this in a different direction.

I came back to wrestling in 2007. When I did so, I heard about this new company, TNA. The TNA marks that I connected with then are still TNA marks today. However, the product has changed so much from the 2007 version that you would think these marks would be upset. Not the case.

When I first came back, I heard "you should watch TNA. It's about wrestling, which you aren't going to get from WWE." That was fine and good, and I respected the TNA fans who wanted to see more of an in ring product. Heck, I even enjoyed what they had to offer, as I can appreciate all forms of wrestling entertainment.

However, 3 years later, TNA is quite different. It is now a company that features LESS wrestling than WWE and has a new image based around convoluted, often confusing stories with a focus on creating 90s wrestling in a 2010 environment. All of the things that made TNA a cult favorite have been stripped away, yet the same TNA fanboys that supported the direction are the ones who support it now stronger than ever. You would think that this doesn't make sense, but I will explain to you why it does.

You see, it was never about the different wrestling that TNA provided. Heck, it was never about the roster either. It was and still is "fighting the man" syndrome. It is about supporting something that isn't the majority, that is viewed as "un-mainstream".

What happened was that wrestling used to be about choices. For many of us in our 20s, we had a choice of WWF or WCW growing up. You could choose either one and both were perfectly acceptable. However, once WWE won the war and bought WCW, and ECW for that matter, the now named WWE became "the man", "the monster". Couple that with the failed invasion angle that could have brought quality matches and quality TV for a couple of years and WWE became the enemy to a lot of wrestling fans.

Enter TNA. An upstart company from 2002, started by a man who never made the main event scene in the "evil" WWE (though he never deserved to, but it helps tell the story). This company actually started to grow and got a TV deal 3 years later. As this company grew, it grew with disgruntled former WWE fans who were of college age now, the age where going "against the grain" is the cool thing to do.

The majority of TNA fans are exactly this type. This is why the reasoning for their blind faith in the company exists. It was never about looking for something different. It was just about the fact that TNA doesn't spell WWE. If you notice, every TNA mark must use WWE in their arguments to support WWE. I very rarely see a TNA mark talk about their beloved product as a stand alone. It is always a comparison.

It is a sad state that fans have to take two companies of different sizes that offer programming on different days and compare them. As a writer, I cover both companies (well, my site does. I very rarely cover Impact or TNA PPVs because I have a guy who does so) and can find things I enjoy and do not enjoy in each. One thing that I am careful about though is comparing companies. You have to look at each match, each storyline, each plot twist in a vortex. To justify EVERYTHING your favorite company does is just lunacy, but TNA fans have taken to that in fear that if they don't, it is admittance that the WWE is better. This can't happen, because both companies have the capabilities of doing good and bad things. You cannot be blind to only see the good and to fight the bad even when you know it's bad yourself.

So the problem with the TNA fanbase is simply that they are too loyal to their product and that their entire existence as fans is to prove TNA is better than WWE. If the fanbase merely accepted the company as flawed, just as an company will always be, these boards would probably be more enjoyable to frequent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back