• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Compliment Sandwich: Vickie Guerrero!

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So, this is the latest in my series of threads that encourage people to really look at a subject matter and get to grips on what they really think about something. The way it works is very simple. You state something that you like about the subject matter. It could be something as simple as how they look or how much they make you enjoy something. After that, you simply state something that you do not like about the subject matter. Again, it could be anything. After that, you, simply round it off with something positive.

Simple as that

Back in the WWE section this time! Woo!

This time, we are looking at someone who gets more of a reaction than John Cena every time her Mexican ass goes through the curtain and into the arena. Her name is Vickie Guerrero and it is time that she gets the Compliment Sandwich treatment... The only issue being that people likely wont have two good things to say about her. However, we continue on in good faith!

Vickie Guerrero is a heat magnet, there is no doubt about it. I don't know if you can put it down to talent or not but she has managed to have the crowd eating out of her hand since she started making regular appearances on Smackdown and Raw. Personally, I think that she knows what she is doing. I reckon that a lot of people boo her because her voice is simply that annoying and it grates n their nerves but I also think that she plays up to that expectation a lot and what else can you expect from her? She has been one of the most hated heels in the business for a while now and I don't think that you can put it down to luck when she has been carrying it for the better part of her WWE career. What is more impressive is that she has managed to do that on top of the sentiment for the death of her husband.

That is the problem with Vickie Guerrero though. Every time I look at her pig-ugly face, I see one of the biggest tragedies to ever hit the WWE and the wrestling business in general. I respect that the WWE have given Vickie a position so that she can support her family and I commend her for giving it everything but the last thing you want to see when you are missing someone you cared about, is something that always reminds you of that person. Vickie Guerrero is a walking reminder that we lost Eddie at too young of an age and I bet that is not juts me who feel this way. I am willing to bet that some of the boys in the back are feeling the exact same way, if they have not already moved on.

That being said, I think that her work has been exceptional and she has done Eddie proud. Eddie was a great face for the fans but could also play a crowd like no other when he was a heel. No matter what she says, she is booed out of the building and her rub has been so influential in the careers of Edge and Dolph Ziggler. If someone isn't doing their job on a show, put Vickie with them and they are sure to get over. Ziggler was floating around in obscurity before he was paired with Vickie and now he is a former World Heavyweight Champion... Right on!

Your turn!

The Good
I agree with you Dave. It has become a trend to boo her. This woman draws more heat than half of the WWE heel roster combined. And she's not even a wrestler. Vickie Guererro can draw heat from the most dead crowds there are just by screaming two simple words. It's definitely a toss up between Michael Cole and Vickie of who can generate the most heat. Her voice, her cougar appearnce, the way she just throws her weight around forces the crowd to hate her. The WWE can pair her with just about any other Superstar to get them some heat. Look at the way Dolph Ziggler has transformed over the course of a year just because of Vickie Guerrero. Ziggler went from backstage segments to main eventing PPVs and numerous Smackdown's...all thanks to Vickie's abiity.

The Bad
Vickie Guerrero can only be around for so long. I believe she has two children. They've already lost their father Eddie. They can't lose their mother too. So eventually she'll have to simply walk away. And when that does happen, what will happen to the Supertstar she's managing. For example Dolph. Is he ready to stand on his own. I believe he's used Vickie so much to get heat for himself, that if she simply left, would anyone actually care for him?

The Good Again
With that said, Vickie will always be a pleasure to have on my tv screen. She's funny, entertaining, and a great reminder of a man I once loved in Eddie Guerrero. I truly hope Vickie stays around for a good solid ten years. She has the ability to make things interesting, and when I hear a loud "Excuse Me", I can't help but to giggle.

Talk about a heat magnet! A wise man once said, "The Undertaker could chokeslam a baby and get a face reaction,"... or something like that. I honestly think if the WWE paired Taker up with Vickie Guerrero he'd get heat. Hell, she could probably turn Bret Hart heel in Canada, that's how hated she is.

By gawd is she annoying. Her laugh, her catch phrase, even her fucking presence makes my skin crawl. She isn't exactly easy on the eyes either.

You gotta give it to her, she helped Edge become the top heel in the WWE for a while, and she's the reason Dolph Ziggler is where he is today. That's one surefire Hall of Famer and a guy that could easily become a Hall of Famer on day that she's had a massive (and I mean massive, have you seen her body?) impact on.

Yep, the woman can get tons of heat. It's only two fucking words: "EXCUSE ME" and it can be so fucking annoying! We all "hate" her for saying that and in that tune. WWE discovered a gold mine in Vickie.

On the other hand, I think it's necessary that Vickie's heat is only done by those two words. For example when she tries to spear Edge, or trys to screw it's annoying not hateful. Sometimes it even looks ridicolous, instead of being a heel she becomes a comedic act.
Also, as Dave pointed out, the link with Eddie. Most of us know that she is only protraying a character, but being Edge's wife? Ziggler's cougar? It just seems disrespectful to Eddie.

While it may seem disrespectful, Vickie Guerrero has done nothing but wonders for Edge's and Dolph Ziggler's careers.Edge was already a heel, but with the help of Vickie he easily became the number 2 if not the number 1 heel on the company or on SD! Now look where Ziggler is, he is technically a former world champion, while last year he was basically jobbing to Rey Mysterio. With the exception of Escobar, Vickie can turn out to be an amazing heel manager.

With all due respect to the Guerrero family, Vickie is not easy on the eyes but in her short time in the WWE she has become the best female manager of all time and she has given new life and meaning to the role of wrestlers manager. She reminds me of Captain Lou, Classy Freddie Blassie and The Mouth of The South Jimmy Heart. I would love to see the WWE bring her back as the manager of a all Latino stable and let her be more like the female version of Bobby The Brain. If she can continue to work for 3 or 5 more years she has to be consider for the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Vickie gets heat from the audience. She knows how to do it, and regularly has me marking out as I hope for Edge/Teddy to come out and give her what for.

I'm not going to criticise her weight, or her looks because she didn't pick those, and has to work with what she's got. However, I don't think she does the breaking-down-into-tears side of her onscreen persona quite right - some practice or working on her acting range would help. Not really a criticism for her, but I found the amount she could get away with (in kayfabe) leading up to Elimination Chamber to be way too much. The idea that she could change the rules of wrestling on a whim and overturn referee decisions broke my suspension of disbelief.

Vickie annoys, and that's exactly what she's trying to do. There was A Raw a while back where she was doing a promo with John Cena, and everytime she shouted "Excuse me!" the crowd booed louder and she asked them to "Excuse me!" again, until the crowd were outdoing the in-house P.A. system. She broke character for just a moment as she made contact with Cena, with a satisfied smile. Very few people in the business get heat or pops louder than the P.A. and she is a tribute to her name. One of the best managers I can remember.

Good: She's probably the best female straight-man you could ask for in the WWE promo division. She never broke character, she never laughed at someone's jokes about her, she sold the hell out of every insult she was slapped with and reacted in a way that the audience loved. You could watch her be verbally filleted and grilled medium well, laugh and never feel bad about it because she was so good at bringing it onto herself.

Bad: There's such a thing as being too good at gathering heat. Even when she had something important to say, you could hardly ever hear it because she was too busy getting booed. Yeah, she was fun to boo, but that's all she was really good for by the end.

Good: Damn but that woman has been a helluva good sport for dealing with the various stories and angles that the WWE has put her through. She's practically a female Santino with the kind of messes she's gotten herself into and Vickie plays it to the hilt every time. I have to admire her for that. She never did anything by halves.

Vickie, I may cringe every time you step into the arena, but you have my respect, nonetheless.

Compliment

She is an incredible heat magnet. Her catchphrase "Excuse Me" is going to end up being remembered as one of the all-time greatest. She has come on leaps and bounds since debuting as an on-screen character, and is playing her role perfectly. She is despised by the fans, and is really benefitting the career of every wrestler she is paired up with.

Criticism

I really do not like the fact she ends up kissing each wrestler she manages. It isn't that she had been married, as plenty of wrestlers have kissed women on WWE TV shows while being married (Jericho and Rock spring to mind), they are just acting. It is just that her late husband was a wrestler too, one of the greats, and in a way I feel it is a bit disrespectful that she is kissing other wrestlers on a show that her husband was a part of, after he has died. I may be totally in the wrong here, but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Especially the Edge storyline, where she was saying she loved him, it just felt a bit wrong and awkward to watch.

Compliment

I like the fact she has been given the chance to earn a good living after Eddie died. Vince could have washed his hands of the family and moved on, but he has tried to ensure that Eddie's kids have a decent upbringing. Credit to Vickie, she has made the most of her chance and become an important heel figure on WWE tv. Well done to her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back