• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Christmas Shop&Spoils Thread

Kermit

the Frog
Talk about what you are buying others for Christmas or what you have got for the Christmas season. Obviously the spoils will come after Christmas, but we all get early Christmas presents from time to time.

As far as shopping goes, I have done next to nothing. I just got recently married, so I think the wife and I will be giving out a lot of wedding photos in frames as gifts. It seems like the best way to go on a tight budget.

My wife's birthday was just a few days ago so I gave her a half birthday/Christmas present, two tickets to Cirque du soleil: Dralion this Friday. I have no idea what to expect, but she has wanted to go ever since she was a child.

Discussion Questions:

Where are you at with your shopping?

What have you got?

What are you expecting to get?

Thus far shopping is 70% complete. My family aint too big on gifts. Kids get one collective gift for each parent, and visa versa. Gta finish up in college to join my siblings on that endeavour.

Got my GF her stuff though, its also her birthday, hoping she likes it:
1) Xbox 360 game- Dishonoured. The game just suits her tastes, story heavy with magic (I hope)
2) Batman: The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel: Great Story, personal favourite of mine. She's a big reader, and I'm a big comic book guy, hoping to build some bridges.
3) Winnie the Pooh collection: Whats not to like, it's fun. Again, she likes to read. This one is a classic.
4) Moon by Bernd Brunner: This book is a collection of mythologies and stuff about the moon. She likes the moon, she likes mythology and religions and fantasy!

I think it should go down alright!

As for what I'm getting, I dont care too much. As I said, my family never put too much emphasis on it.

I know my girl wants to get me something, most likely she' get me the new double album by Ginger, available only through Kickstarter. (plug, plug, check it out) New album set to be heavy. I like heavy.

She also has thoughts of going for a book by A.M. Holmes for me, author of my second favourite book of all time, or perhaps a pair of jeans. I'll be happy either way, I just dont want her worried about it!

You guys ready to feel bad? Outside my parents and brother, who I finished up at the end of November, I no longer have anyone to shop for.

I took what I had gotten and gave to charity and donated the other $200 I had set aside to cancer research.

That means I should get extra presents from Santa right?

You guys ready to feel bad? Outside my parents and brother, who I finished up at the end of November, I no longer have anyone to shop for.

I took what I had gotten and gave to charity and donated the other $200 I had set aside to cancer research.

That means I should get extra presents from Santa right?

Good stuff on your part for giving away stuff to charity. You'll at least get some small Christmas rep and admiration from me. I'll try to get you a world heavyweight title shot on the creative side of things. ;)

I don't do much shopping, I get my closest friend something each year and he does the same for me. Other then that I just buy a little something for each of my parents, my sister and my dog.

I got my dog a new toy I think he'll love it cause it's got a squeaker. My dad is getting Bon Jovi Greatest Hits CD (which I plan to burn myself a copy of), My mom is getting a giant bag of swedish fish and a calendar. My sister is getting Taylor Swift's RED CD (again I plan to burn myself a copy of this.) and I got my friend the newest Forza game cause I know he wanted it.

As for what I think i'll get i'm really hoping for tickets to at least 1 Boston Redsox game and Wrestlemania tickets. My family usually gets me CD's, DVD's and XBOX games and then the rest is cash and gift cards. My stocking will be filled with peanut butter cups, flavored tootsie rolls and a few other random things.

Buddy, that is the most beautiful thing I've read in these here parts. Merry Christmas!

Could you explain what a Swedish fish is? And why your mam would like an entire bag of them??

Swedish Fish are red gummi candy fish that are quite tasty. My mother is like obsessed with them. Maybe this will help you know what i'm talking about.

th

They come in other colors too but the red ones are the most common.

We got my son his first bike this year and my daughter this fucking creepy baby doll that actually moves and shit. Those were the two big ones. They got a bunch of other little shit just so they have a lot of stuff to open. Christmas is easy when you have little kids.

That's where our main focus goes, though. We spend a little bit of money on the rest of our families, but the first priority is to make sure our kids have a good time.

We got my son his first bike this year and my daughter this fucking creepy baby doll that actually moves and shit. Those were the two big ones. They got a bunch of other little shit just so they have a lot of stuff to open. Christmas is easy when you have little kids.

That's where our main focus goes, though. We spend a little bit of money on the rest of our families, but the first priority is to make sure our kids have a good time.

Do they believe in Santa? If so, how far do you guys go with it? I remember my step-dad putting red fuzz (from Santa's jacket) out on our fireplace one year for my litter sister. She was really excited when she found it in the morning.

Do they believe in Santa? If so, how far do you guys go with it? I remember my step-dad putting red fuzz (from Santa's jacket) out on our fireplace one year for my litter sister. She was really excited when she found it in the morning.

Well my son is 4 so he totally does, but my daughter is 23 months old so she doesn't care yet. My wife's cousin always makes all of the kids this reindeer food shit that's basically just sand and glitter and you're supposed to sprinkle it in your yard so the reindeers can see your house. Then we lay out milk and cookies before bed and one of us will take a bite out of one.

Basically just the traditional stuff.

Had 1 of three Christmas parties yesterday and I got 10 bucks worth of scratch tickets and won nothing on them. And 3 packs of baseball cards but none worth mentioning. I was hoping for a Trout or Harper rookie card.

Just wanted to pop in here and update you all on my spoils for Christmas. Here are some highlights of what I got from various family members.

-OKC Thunder hooded sweatshirt
-Amazon gift card
-Academy Sports giftcard to buy some running shoes.
-A nice purple tie and dress-hooded sweatshirt
-My wife got me a slew of good things, one of which was a very nice ESV Bible.

Anyone else want to highlight some of their favorite things? Did anyone get something over-the-top amazing?

Hell, I'll join in:

Given

Ipad Mini for Mom, from all of her kids
Dinner at a nice restaurant for my beloved Nana
Hand-knit (by a friend, not a Bengali) scarf and cabled headband for one sister
An assortment of quality beers for her boyfriend
An Amazon gift certificate for my sister and my brother-in-law
A clock made from one of my disc dyes of my face (this was actually asked for) for my now two weeks overdue nephew.

Received

A backpack
A printer/scanner
Workboots (thankfully, a gift certificate, so I'm going to pick up a pair of Vibrams.)
"Hot Sauce of the Month" membership

-Academy Sports giftcard to buy some running shoes.

We're getting an Academy Sports where I live. What do you think of it?

What I got that was most noteworthy was this.

A-7OvEmCcAEJ2Vd.jpg

It's a Crosley brand entertainment center that plays vinyl, cd, casette, and has aux for iPod's. I mainly wanted it for vinyl but it looks pretty sweet too, looks rustic.

I got a few Xbox games, WWE '13, Far Cry 3, and Halo 4. I got a new jacket and a couple new shirts. One of them is this really cool vintage style Marvel shirt. Then my grandparents gave me a hundred dollars.

I got Final Fantasy 13-2 as well as its guide. I had been wanting to get it several months ago but a lot's been going on this year. I also got Angry Birds trilogy on the 360, a Legend of Zelda shirt, and some cool drinking glasses. Four were from a South Park set where each glass has a character on it: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny. The other glass was a HUGE one with the Ninja Turtles on it, my mother in law's boyfriend owes me a drink so I'll have him make me one on New Year's Eve and use that glass for the first time. Probably a Strawberry Everclear Margarita, can't think of a better way to end 2012.

I bought Thor, Avengers, and the Bioshock games for the wifey. We also got toys for the puppies, there were these stockings at wal-mart full of dog toys in them so we got a red set for Sheamus and a green set for Lancelot. I recall getting them a similar set last year and only one toy has survived the year lol.... It was a rather good Christmas. We have been in the process of moving, my wife and I got to host the gift exchange for the first time. Her side of the family came over for the gift exchange and we watched Christmas Vacation which is an annual tradition for me.

Yeh, why not.

Given -

To my mum, an art deco frame for holding 4 photos, with the photos being ones I'd taken on our holiday to the Isle of Skye. Also got her a DVD of her favourite comedian and some chocolates.
To my elder sister, a daily calendar with pictures of mischievous cats and kittens, a mini cake maker and some body washing stuff.
To my oldest sister, couple of DVDs, yankee candles and chocolates.
To my dad, me and my sisters chipped in to get him a set of steak knives and we're all buying him some new fish in the New Year.

I also gave each family member a framed photo of us on Mother's Day when we were all making silly faces.

Received -

Ipad from my parents and cover from my grand-parents.
Also got a bottle of 46% whiskey from a distillery that just sits at the end of the beach where my parents' caravan is from my mate, as well as a bunch of different ciders from my sisters.
Aside from that, mainly smelly stuff, socks and money/vouchers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back