• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The chase for a title

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveom07

Occasional Pre-Show
I was thinking about the prestigiousness of the titles and how they are viewed mainly as probs now, with the possible exception of the top 2.

Now the question I want to ask is really quite simple.

Have the titles lost prestige simply because there is no chase for them?

Imagine Big zeke saying he wanted to break up with The Corre because he wanted a shot at the Intercontinental title, hes always dreamed of holding it etc.

As for the US title, why not have a similar scenareo to the start of smackdown last week where 3-4 people come out and say they want a shot at it. Then the fans automatically KNOW who's in that title picture at that time.

So do you think the prestige could be improved if it were for some of these points?

If not, how do you think they can bring it back?

Enitrely

No one seems to particularly want them and the title holder don't seem that bothered about keeping them, you just randomly see a match every other week which at the moment leads to a game of hot potato. I mean you saw Sheamus loose the US belt and he hasn't mentioned it since, nor have the commentators.

I disagree with bot of you!!

The Intercontinental Tittle and the USA Tittle have prestige and both champions can entertain us!

They need to exist, both of the tittles are like a ramp to the main-spot!!
Of Course every Superstar aim the TOP2 Tittles, but guys like:

Evan Bourne,
Drew McIntyre,
Kofi Kingston,
Ezekiel Jackson,
Ted DiBiase,
Sin Cara,
Daniel Bryan,
Chris Masters,
Jack Swagger,
R-Truth.
etc...

Cant aim for World Tittles, but if they have a entertainment tittle reign with good matches, good stories and good mic skills, they will be putted in the very up card!!

Randy Orton won the Intercontinental Champion and now he is a 8 time World Champion!!

John Cena won the USA Tittle and now he is a 10 time-world champion!!

Nowadays we have:
Wade Barret - IC Champion, having an awesome storyline with Big Zeke and The Corre! Every group that Barret has, tends to be one of the best things in WWE!

Kofi Kingston - USA Champion - Kofi is the mid-card champion right now, he wont have a push unfortunately, however he will push other guys to main spot!! And one day, he can be a world champion!!

WWE is about opportunities, if somebody gets a shot for one of the mid-card tittles, that is because WWE Universe wanted too, and if they build it well, the guy can be huge!!

I disagree with bot of you!!

The Intercontinental Tittle and the USA Tittle have prestige and both champions can entertain us!

They need to exist, both of the tittles are like a ramp to the main-spot!!
Of Course every Superstar aim the TOP2 Tittles, but guys like:

Evan Bourne,
Drew McIntyre,
Kofi Kingston,
Ezekiel Jackson,
Ted DiBiase,
Sin Cara,
Daniel Bryan,
Chris Masters,
Jack Swagger,
R-Truth.
etc...

Cant aim for World Tittles, but if they have a entertainment tittle reign with good matches, good stories and good mic skills, they will be putted in the very up card!!

Randy Orton won the Intercontinental Champion and now he is a 8 time World Champion!!

John Cena won the USA Tittle and now he is a 10 time-world champion!!

Nowadays we have:
Wade Barret - IC Champion, having an awesome storyline with Big Zeke and The Corre! Every group that Barret has, tends to be one of the best things in WWE!

Kofi Kingston - USA Champion - Kofi is the mid-card champion right now, he wont have a push unfortunately, however he will push other guys to main spot!! And one day, he can be a world champion!!

WWE is about opportunities, if somebody gets a shot for one of the mid-card tittles, that is because WWE Universe wanted too, and if they build it well, the guy can be huge!!

You're not disagreeing with us. Sorry to be the one to break it to you as maybe you were trying to be a bit rebelious.

The only point you disagreed with is the prestige of the titles.

My point was if a storyline was made where people came out and said they WANTED to chase that title then automatically people will sit up and take notice of that title. To say the Intercontinental title is in a good storyline at the moment is silly. YES the title is involved in the storyline but the only reason being because Wade Barrett holds it, NOT because it furthers the storyline. Say Wade didnt have it, the storyline would still be the same quality, the title doesnt need to be there.

Listing John Cena and Randy Orton as people who have held it and are now big superstars is just plane stupid. I could name hundreds who have held it and have done nothing, I could also name hundreds who have held it and have become big stars. So that arguement is just pointless

You're not disagreeing with us. Sorry to be the one to break it to you as maybe you were trying to be a bit rebelious.

The only point you disagreed with is the prestige of the titles.

My point was if a storyline was made where people came out and said they WANTED to chase that title then automatically people will sit up and take notice of that title. To say the Intercontinental title is in a good storyline at the moment is silly. YES the title is involved in the storyline but the only reason being because Wade Barrett holds it, NOT because it furthers the storyline. Say Wade didnt have it, the storyline would still be the same quality, the title doesnt need to be there.

Listing John Cena and Randy Orton as people who have held it and are now big superstars is just plane stupid. I could name hundreds who have held it and have done nothing, I could also name hundreds who have held it and have become big stars. So that arguement is just pointless

Give me a guy that had a great reign and WWE didn't push him?
Even Santino Marella gets a huge pop every night!! And he was an IC Champion!!

Booker T had a awesome USA tittle reign!! Benoit also!! - Both of Them World Champions!!
MVP had his chance, but feuding with Hardy don't necessary means World Champion!

You are the one that is pointless, you are saying that nobody wants the tittle!
C'mon you made a thread just because nobody cuts a promo saying that he wants the IC/USA Championship?
Kofi Kingston did that, also did Ziggler and guess what even Bryan and Sheamus challenged for the USA Championship!!

Like I told you, WWE is made of opportunities, so if they give you the tittle you have to KNOW how to run with it!!
Not a stupid tittle reign that Daniel Bryan had, that nobody gave a fuck and here it is the reason why McMahon doesn't push him!!

I also don't see nobody running to have a Tag Team Championship Match or a Divas Championship Match!!

And if you say that beating Big Show & Kane isnt prestigious, you are out of your mind!!
And when Kharma reaches to the Divas Championship, the girl who take it from her will have prestige!!

Make a thread about not having 5 guys challenging the mid-card champion, what you want? The same thing that happen to Christian happens to every piece of mid-card tittle?

I'm sorry man, but as far as i see you are just bitching for NO REASON!!
You have to look to WWE has a sport, so who the hell don't want to be champion? But since its scripted they cant run every week to have the title!

Intercontinental/USA Championships are prestigious for mid-cards!! Not John Cena!!

Stop the moaning!!!

^ Thank you, guys.
The IC title is, i've noticed, valued more than the US title. Would you have imagined Wade Barrett coming off a feud with John Cena and CM Punk and winning the US title? Not really. Whereas the IC title is just below the World titles, and thus is valued by wrestlers as a title that can propel them to greater things.

The Intercontinental Championship will always mean something, but it's not up to the challengers, it's up to the champion. But the IC title is, i've noticed, valued more than the US title. Would you have imagined Wade Barrett coming off a feud with John Cena and CM Punk and winning the US title? Not really. Whereas the IC title is just below the World titles, and thus is valued by wrestlers as a title that can propel them to greater things.

If the champion makes himself look proud of what he has, enjoys the reign and suchlike, then it'll be more of a big thing when he loses it. At times, it seems like the belt is only there so the wrestlers have something to hold when they're doing a segment.

I 100% agree with the original post. There is no organization at all of the title picture ANYWHERE within the WWE. They really are just giving random people title shots, with no explanation as to why that particular superstar earned that title shot. And yes, that does nothing but lower the prestige of what holding a championship in WWE even means anymore.

There are countless examples of this, especially in the mid-card picture on both shows. For example, when Sheamus was drafted to Smackdown, putting both mid-card titles on one show, they might as well have just told us (the fans) that both titles can't be on the same show and made him relinquish it. Instead, Teddy Long announces at Extreme Rules that an impromptu US Title match will take place, and Kofi Kingston is awarded the opportunity. Why? Why Kofi? What did he do to earn that shot? Plus, we all knew right then who was going to win before that match even started because the WWE is becoming extremely predictable with their booking, in addition to the lack of a solid championship ladder. So Kofi wins the title and takes it back to Raw and his next opponent.... Jack Swagger? Why the hell did he get a title shot? The WWE is just really frustrating, so I totally can relate to the original poster.

P.S. Isn't a champion supposed to get a rematch if he loses the title? Sheamus never even had one. Does he not want his rematch and the opportunity to be US Champion anymore? If the titles were so prestigious and meant so much, every superstar would do everything they can to earn one. And by the way the product is being delivered to us, we don't get that feeling... at all. Back in the day, we did.

Oh my god, Marcos555, your last post was painful to read. Literally made my head hurt.

Back on task. The problem with this idea is that even though they are both very prestigious titles with long, rich histories, in the eyes of a casual WWE fan the intercontinental and U.S championships are viewed as inferior to their respective brands world championships!

Your idea would most likely do nothing. Having a few superstars come out and declare that they're chasing after the title isn't going to make people care!

There is nothing wrong with the way the titles are currently being used, some people have got to remember that the main reason the titles are there is to give mid-card talent something to do. And every now and then they prove to be a great stepping stone for a young superstar to establish himself as a ME level contender, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz would probably be the two more recent examples of this. Both had lengthy mid-card title reigns and ended up with a world championship victory, albeit The Miz's much longer than Dolph's.... Much longer!

What annoyed me about the IC title is that Wade didn't even think about putting it up for grabs until Gabriel said something about it. It wasn't almost like he'd forgotten he was holding it and it was an after thought. I know thats a petty little thing but it just makes the title appear unimportant to me. That kind of thing annoys me.

Yea obviously if folk were actively chasing the title it would add prestige that just stands to reason. Just look back to before WM 26 (I think) when Jericho and Rey were feuding for it. It seemed important because they both cared about it. Then compare that to the Miz's reign as US champ where no even mentioned it let alone wanted it. It was just a belt then, meant little to nothing.

Give me a guy that had a great reign and WWE didn't push him?
Even Santino Marella gets a huge pop every night!! And he was an IC Champion!!

Booker T had a awesome USA tittle reign!! Benoit also!! - Both of Them World Champions!!
MVP had his chance, but feuding with Hardy don't necessary means World Champion!

You are the one that is pointless, you are saying that nobody wants the tittle!
C'mon you made a thread just because nobody cuts a promo saying that he wants the IC/USA Championship?
Kofi Kingston did that, also did Ziggler and guess what even Bryan and Sheamus challenged for the USA Championship!!

Like I told you, WWE is made of opportunities, so if they give you the tittle you have to KNOW how to run with it!!
Not a stupid tittle reign that Daniel Bryan had, that nobody gave a fuck and here it is the reason why McMahon doesn't push him!!

I also don't see nobody running to have a Tag Team Championship Match or a Divas Championship Match!!

And if you say that beating Big Show & Kane isnt prestigious, you are out of your mind!!
And when Kharma reaches to the Divas Championship, the girl who take it from her will have prestige!!

Make a thread about not having 5 guys challenging the mid-card champion, what you want? The same thing that happen to Christian happens to every piece of mid-card tittle?

I'm sorry man, but as far as i see you are just bitching for NO REASON!!
You have to look to WWE has a sport, so who the hell don't want to be champion? But since its scripted they cant run every week to have the title!

Intercontinental/USA Championships are prestigious for mid-cards!! Not John Cena!!

Stop the moaning!!!

What in the blue hell are you going on about? How about you go back and read the original post, take your time as you seem a bit slow.

When did I question that people who hold the IC/US title dont get pushed?

Beating Big Show and Kane is pretigous I agree, However who is challenging them? IS there a legitimate challenge? NO!!!! And that was the point of the thread.

If I could be bothered I would cut your post into quotes and prove how every single one of your comments is irrelevant to the original question and how most of them are wrong.

Go collect your toys they seem to have fallen out of your pram

What in the blue hell are you going on about? How about you go back and read the original post, take your time as you seem a bit slow.

When did I question that people who hold the IC/US title dont get pushed?

Beating Big Show and Kane is pretigous I agree, However who is challenging them? IS there a legitimate challenge? NO!!!! And that was the point of the thread.

If I could be bothered I would cut your post into quotes and prove how every single one of your comments is irrelevant to the original question and how most of them are wrong.

Go collect your toys they seem to have fallen out of your pram

You stupid ass, you said that NOBODY wanted IC and USA Tittle!!
You are bitching around, because of what??
Because not every match has storyline???

And who the fuck are you talking about???
Dolph Ziggler and Kofi feud? As far as a I remember they had a story!!
Why the fuck are you complaining??? Sheamus lost his USA Tittle is that???
He assaulted Kofi Kingston, so that automatically gives a beef with him, and as far as i see the GM can make a tittle match, because he WANTS TO!!

Fuck, stupid thread!! Not everything needs to have a storyline!!

Oww I see, you want a ranking like SvR2011 game, you fight against some dudes, you win, and you get a tittle shot!!

Bitching around!! Just SayinG!!

Exactly. I like ya Marcos555, but I gotta disagree. I mean, neither belt was even defended at Wrestlemania. Remember when guys like Rock and Triple H were having ladder matches for the IC title? Nowadays, a title match for a midcard title is set up two weeks before a PPV(if it's lucky). Nobody feuds for these belts. I almost forgot Kofi was U.S. Champion. These belts aren't as important as they used to be. The way you make it sound, they're just to give guys that cloud to soar to the main event on. This works 80% of the time, but act like it's not as important. Granted, it's a midcard belt, but at least let talent act like they care for the thing. The IC title alone is one of the most prestigious belts in the WWE, and they don't act like it is.

Exactly. I like ya Marcos555, but I gotta disagree. I mean, neither belt was even defended at Wrestlemania. Remember when guys like Rock and Triple H were having ladder matches for the IC title? Nowadays, a title match for a midcard title is set up two weeks before a PPV(if it's lucky). Nobody feuds for these belts. I almost forgot Kofi was U.S. Champion. These belts aren't as important as they used to be. The way you make it sound, they're just to give guys that cloud to soar to the main event on. This works 80% of the time, but act like it's not as important. Granted, it's a midcard belt, but at least let talent act like they care for the thing. The IC title alone is one of the most prestigious belts in the WWE, and they don't act like it is.

First - Thanks!! :)

Back to the Topic
This year WrestleMania was bad in terms of time!
They had matches that length about 1 minutes and a half, also they had The Rock, it was a full schedule to put in their a tittle fight!!

In the DVD we have Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan for the USA Tittle, but they didnt do it, because every single wrestler deserve to appear at Mania!!

I will give my reasons why i think that there are chase for both of that tittles.

- Sheamus had a good tittle reign, he said that he was honored to be the United States Champion - and he was a former 2x wwe champion! - So that means prestige to the belt!

- Kofi Kingston have a connection with both of Mid-card tittle, he is like Mid-Card John Cena, every opportunity he has for both of the tittles he fights for it!

- Wade Barret now is IC Champion is very good, i just love the way he pronounces Intercontinental XD and he really acts all cocky for being the Champ - That give us more credit

They just need to finish Cole and Lawler story and they will bring back mid-card stories!
In SmackDown they are very well served with that Corre thing and they will most likely clash all of them for the IC Title!!

This thread was just made to bitch and complain!
Every champ has people that want to challenge him, we will probably see Kofi vs Swagger in a future feud for the USA tittle and McIntyre or Bourne will most likely make his presence felt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back