The Boogeyman vs. Kane

Zigglerfan227

Getting Noticed By Management
So who remembers The Boogeyman's last televised match in the WWE against Kane?

Here is the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmanQo0KEqw

This is a very random thread, but answer these questions:

Did you see this match on tv?

Did you like the Match?

Were you ever a fan of the Boogeyman?

I never cared for the Boogeyman. Let me know how you felt about the Boogeyman.

No, I fucking hated The Boogeman. I thought it was a terrible gimmick and I changed the channel every time he appeared on my TV.

That is the sort of gimmick I usually hate in wrestling. There are very few characters like that which appeal to me, and the fact he was eating worms was just repulsive. He sucked in the ring, had a stupid gimmick and with a character like that, the feuds you can have are so limited. I was glad to see the back of him.

Did I see the match? No, I changed the channel when Boogeyman came out lol

The match itself I didn't really like much, but it was pretty typical for a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sort of match. You could pretty much tell that Boogy was gone after that from the little amount of offense he was able to get in. It just wasn't that interesting and didn't really showcase Kane's talents, let alone Boogy's.

In my opinion, the gimmick itself had some potential, but Boogy just wasn't dominant enough to make it work. I don't even know if he had a named finisher, which you kind of need if your gimmick is going to be quite this over the top. I do think the gimmick had a certain appeal, and if they kept him in the mid-card as a kind of mid-card monster, he might have worked. The trouble was he was too easy to beat and too many people managed to do so too soon. I mean, he was scary and weird and all that, but if he can't back it up in the ring, who cares?

His speech pattern was too hard to follow which didn't do him any favors on the mic. Yeah, his little nursery rhymes worked for a few little backstage moments, but that was it. I think a similar gimmick could be tried again, perhaps a quicker and riskier monster-type, but it just didn't work out for Boogy. He'd need to be booked a lot stronger in order to have this sort of thing work.

no, i first watched the match on youtube.
the match was a one sided match but it was overall entertaining.
i did like the boogeyman, i hope he returns to wwe one day.

The match itself I didn't really like much, but it was pretty typical for a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" sort of match. You could pretty much tell that Boogy was gone after that from the little amount of offense he was able to get in. It just wasn't that interesting and didn't really showcase Kane's talents, let alone Boogy's.

In my opinion, the gimmick itself had some potential, but Boogy just wasn't dominant enough to make it work. I don't even know if he had a named finisher, which you kind of need if your gimmick is going to be quite this over the top. I do think the gimmick had a certain appeal, and if they kept him in the mid-card as a kind of mid-card monster, he might have worked. The trouble was he was too easy to beat and too many people managed to do so too soon. I mean, he was scary and weird and all that, but if he can't back it up in the ring, who cares?

His speech pattern was too hard to follow which didn't do him any favors on the mic. Yeah, his little nursery rhymes worked for a few little backstage moments, but that was it. I think a similar gimmick could be tried again, perhaps a quicker and riskier monster-type, but it just didn't work out for Boogy. He'd need to be booked a lot stronger in order to have this sort of thing work.

thank you for your thoughts. I don't know if I can agree with everything that you said, but you made some good points. Boogeyman did have a finisher though. It was the pump handle slam. Boogeyman won some big matches too. He defeated Booker T and JBL! But yeah, overall WWE dropped the ball with the dude.

no, i first watched the match on youtube.
the match was a one sided match but it was overall entertaining.
i did like the boogeyman, i hope he returns to wwe one day.

When I was watching it on tv I had no idea who would win because WWE likes to screw Kane sometimes. Thankfully Kane picked up the win. If Boogeyman would have won the match it would have made Kane look pretty bad.

I don't even know if he had a named finisher, which you kind of need if your gimmick is going to be quite this over the top.

He did have a finisher if I remember correctly. It was called the "Boogey-slam" or at least it was on the SDvsRaw games. I think it was like a "Worlds Strongest Slam" move, but the opponent landed on their front, not their back. He obviously couldn't deliver it as forcefully as Mark Henry can.

I suppose Boogeyman could be slightly entertaining when he popped up in random backstage segments, like from behind a sofa, but my enjoyment of his work plummeted to hatred the second he stepped into the ring. The whole character didn't do it for me. I was hoping Marty whats-his-name would have been a success after initially impressing on Tough Enough, then being kicked out for lying about his age, but the Boogeyman gimmick was never going to lead to long-term success for him.

Does anyone know if Boogey is still in the business? I assume he wouldn't be able to use the same character due to trademarks etc? Anyone know?

He still wrestles apparently, at least that's what Wiki says. He wrestled in Pwa under the Boogyman gimmick. Then changed it to the nightcrawler when he wrestled for Northeast wrestling, it also said that he is changing his gimmick to Slither. I'm not sure, he kind of intrested me but was honestly shit in the ring with that gimmick. The E' couldn't pay me enough to eat a worm, let alone do what he did. Here are his three "finishers" The Boogeybomb imo was the best. His slam wasn't that good, and his pumphandled slam was terrible.
[YOUTUBE]0gotEIx3Olk[/YOUTUBE]

They could have made the gimmick better. He was interesting at first. But the first con I noticed about him was the amount of smoke they used when he came out. WAAAAAAY too much smoke. You could sometimes still see the smoke two matches later. I remember when he debuted, everyone was looking forward to a match with him and Kane, hoping it would be PPV worthy. But it ended up opening for ECW years later.

I think they dropped the ball with him when they brought out Mini Boogeyman to help him in his feud with Finlay and Hornswoggle. I know that's when I personally stopped caring.

No, I didn't watch the match on TV because I kept forgetting to watch ECW.

Boogeyman was like Doink, Bastion Booger, Xanta Claus, and The Berzerker.

He was interesting to have in the company just to see how his opponents reacted to him. But he was pure walking WrestleCrap that was never meant to draw, but fill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back