The Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge

The Butcher

📶
You may have heard of Warren Buffett-- old guy, fat stack of cash. He and another obscenely rich guy, Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, decided to dangle some of that money of theirs out in front of college basketball fans in the form of a one billion dollar prize for a perfect bracket.

espn.com said:
According to Slate.com (via BusinessInsider.com), if someone overcomes those 1 in 9.2 quintillion odds and submits an error-free bracket, Buffett and Quicken Loans will be pay them (multiple winners are allowed but would have to share) 40 annual installments of $25 million. Want it all right away? There’s a $500 million lump sum option.

1 in 9.2 quintillion, eh?

[youtube]zMRrNY0pxfM[/youtube]

I wish I knew something about college basketball, or I would try it. Usually when I fill these things out I tend to stick to the higher seeds. Although when you get teams like the Shockers who go nuts then it's even less predictable.

It would be funny if someone who doesn't even watch basketball, like some soccer mom who was convinced to do it from her friend at work, and they end up somehow getting a perfect result and get the money. I bet it would make hardcore March Madness fans rage.

I wish I knew something about college basketball, or I would try it. Usually when I fill these things out I tend to stick to the higher seeds. Although when you get teams like the Shockers who go nuts then it's even less predictable.

It would be funny if someone who doesn't even watch basketball, like some soccer mom who was convinced to do it from her friend at work, and they end up somehow getting a perfect result and get the money. I bet it would make hardcore March Madness fans rage.

With odds as astronomical as these, I figure someone who doesn't even know what a basketball is stands about as good a chance of winning as anyone. I do a bracket most every year, either in a pool or just for kicks, so with a billion dollars up for grabs I'll definitely submit one for this.

But don't let me sway you. The fewer people that enter the (ever, ever-so-slightly) better my odds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back