• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The best show you've seen.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Simple question. What is the best show you've seen? Could be Strikeforce, UFC, WEC whatever just the best show you've seen. For me it is tough. I have seen some mediocre shows, some average shows, and some great shows. If I had to choose though i'd have to go with UFC 92. EVery fight on that card was exciting, and I like every one of the fighters that fought on the card.

Cheick Kongo vs. Mostapha Al Turk showed how dangerous Kongo was, and how good a fighter he was. He destroyed Al Turk, and it was a good start to the card.

Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva was a rematch that I was anticipating for a while. I though Quinton had evolved as a person and as a fighter since their last two fights, and I was right. He knocked Wanderlei out with a vicious left hook.

C.B. Dollaway had a dominating performance, and made me a fan of his.

Mir beating Nog was great. I've been waiting for Mir to return to being dominate and this started him on the road torwards that. He dominated Nog who is absolutely no pushover.

The final fight was when Rashad beat Forrest. I was ecstatic because i;m a huge Rashad fan, and I was happy he won the belt.

This was my favorite card i've seen as well as the best. Now what's yours?

UFC 54 Boiling Point. It was my first MMA PPV, and I was a very casual fan to say the least. This event was virtaully sqaure one for me getting into MMA, even though I saw the Forest and Bonnar fight live It really didn't effect me as much as this did, though I would be lying if I didn't say that Griffen-Bonnar didn't make me want to look at the sport more.

UFC 54 wasn't actually the best event based on the fights that took place, but for me it was incredible. I got to watch GSP, who was getting to be a pretty big name back then, Deigo Sanchez who was pretty hyped after winning TUF, Tim Sylvia, who I thought being the casual fan that I was, was the most badass fighter I have ever seen, who would have thought he would be a joke in later years huh? I also got to see Randy Couture who is in my top 5 favorite fighters of all time, and best of all I got to see Chuck fuckin' Liddell vs Jeremy Horn, and man I like both of these guys a whole lot. This fight made me a fan of Chuck Liddell, and I was even trying not to like the guy to play devils advocate to my buddy who is a pretty big Liddell fan. I loved this fight even though I haven't watched it in years and I might be over hyping it a little, this fight is one of my favorites I think. So pretty much all the big name fighters was great for me being someone who didn't really know the sport, it really helped to get me involved.

I couldn't imagine starting out on a card like UFC 108 which has no star power, I think Rashad Evans is really the only one with a name on that card. As for the best card with the best fights. There are tons of old Pride cards that are amazing, but I never watched one live, so I won't count those. TUF Finale 9 I think is my favorite, Sanchez vs Guida, Burns vs Lytle, and Diaz vs Stevenson were all great fights and I even enjoyed Pearson vs Winner, the suspense was killing me on who was gonna be TUF. UFC 75 was good too, Jackson-Henderson was a great fight, and Hammill and Bisping wasn't bad either, and I very much enjoyed Cro Cop-Kongo.

For the longest time it was UFC 40, but today it's without a doubt PRIDE 33: The Second Coming.

Now, of course this card contains the fight I have mentioned numerous times as my favorite fight of all time, Nick Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi. That fight was simply incredible. Gomi comes out, takes Diaz down, they scramble on the ground in a nice back and forth exchange, get to their feet, Gomi drops Diaz with a looping right, Diaz recovers, they stand back up, and from that point on Diaz completely picks Gomi apart, especially once Gomi gassed. Diaz ended up winning the fight early in the 2nd Round with a gogoplata (The Undertaker's finisher for those who don't know, and a move that's rarely pulled off in MMA). Also, Nick suffered a devastating cut in this one, too.

But that card wasn't just about that fight. Wanderlei Silva vs. Dan Henderson headlined the show, and in an absolute shocker, Hendo knocked Wandy out in the 3rd Round with a HUGE overhand right. Also on the card was Shogun vs. Overeem 2, and once again Shogun kicked Overeem ass, this time with an unbelievably BRUTAL knockout. Lil' Nog also suffered a knockout on this card, but his was an even bigger shocked than the Wandy one since it came against pretty much an unknown, and also because of the fact it happened only 23 seconds into the fight.

So, yeah... that show is just spectacular from top to bottom. I highly recommend MMA fans to check it out if you've haven't already.

My favorite fight card ever, huh. This is a bit of a tough one for me but I would have to go with UFC 49. There was just so much going on with this card that its hard to believe it was all in one night.

For starters you had the epic Yves Edwards/Josh Thompson fight. Both men just started whaling on one another for like four minutes until Edwards caught Thompson with like a spinning back kick. Something I was not expecting and looked like RVD was doing it. Awesome knockout that I recommend you all to see if you haven't yet.

Then there was the war between Karo Parisyan and Nick Diaz. Easily one of the greatest fights I have ever seen Nick Diaz fight. It was 15 minutes of pure awesomeness and worth a watch in its own right.

There were two awesome knockouts on the main card to start the show off. Justin Eilers knocked out his buddy Mike Kyle and a relative unknown by the name of Dave Terrell destroyed Matt Lindland. The latter fight was such a shock and has gone on to become one of my top knockouts and upsets ever.

Vernon White fought chuck Liddell on this card as well. What a fucking war, honestly. Both men talked a lot of shit before the fight and Chuck took it to Vernon. I gained a lot of respect for Vernon in this fight because when most men would break to the legend that is Chuck Liddell he endured and put on one hell of a show.

The main event was the third fight between Vitor Belfort and Randy Couture for the Light Heavyweight championship. If you don't know anything about their second fight then you should check it out because it was one of the most shocking moments in mma history, if you ask me. Randy got that weird ass cut on his eye lid and they stopped the fight. Well the rematch was finally happening and damn was it entertaining to me. I am a huge Vitor Belfort fan but watching Randy just pick him apart was a thing of beauty.

Great card from top to bottom and a truly significant night in UFC and mma history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back