The best roh wrestler to go to wwe or tna

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well there are alot of wrestlers from Ring of honor had signed with wwe or tna. Wrestlers with unbeliveable talent. Here some names that come to mine Samoe Joe, Jay Lethal, Aj Styles, Cm Punk, Evan Bourne, Homcide, Colt Cabanna, Jimmy Rave, Austin aries, Bryan Daneilson,Low ki , Paul London, Brian Kendrick etc. But my qustion is which wrestler from Roh was the most talented wrestler to ever make it to the wwe or tna. I no that most people are probley going to choose Bryan danelison and i would to. He is a awsome wrestler with good mic skills. But who in your opinoin is the most talented wrestler to ever make it to the wwe or tna and why

It has to be CM PUNK. it has to be him. His skill set is restricted down in WWE, but he still has great moves. Also he is kind of unique as far as the fact that when he came to WWE their really wasn't anyone like him their, that was getting the push he received. I still don't understand why he didn't make it in TNA, seems like their kind of wrestler, more so than WWE.

Also, he won the triple crown in a calender year. He won the Money in the bank, carried ECW for a couple of months. And competed in two, now heading into his third Mania.

I know it doesn't count for his actual talent, but it is still pretty impressive.:icon_smile:

It has to be CM PUNK. it has to be him. His skill set is restricted down in WWE, but he still has great moves. Also he is kind of unique as far as the fact that when he came to WWE their really wasn't anyone like him their, that was getting the push he received. I still don't understand why he didn't make it in TNA, seems like their kind of wrestler, more so than WWE.

Also, he won the triple crown in a calender year. He won the Money in the bank, carried ECW for a couple of months. And competed in two, now heading into his third Mania.

I know it doesn't count for his actual talent, but it is still pretty impressive.:icon_smile:

I also agree with cm punk he did have a very successful career in the wwe thusfar out of all the Roh wrestlers to ever make it to the wwe. But Samoa Joe is very much argueable. He is also a triple crown winner in tna and also is the longest regining world champion for the company.

He also which is arugeable to had the best match in tna history with Christerpher Daneils and Aj Styles in a triple threat for the X Divsion title. Also had about the same kind of debute reaction as cm punk when he debute for the wwe.

Btw the reason why Cm Punks Tna career did not last so long was because of Teddy hart. There was a rumor or so i heard that were at a resturant or backstage or something and was arugeing about something and it started a fist fight which Sabu had to break it up.

If you're allowing AJ Styles to be in this competition, then he wins it hands down. Punk isn't half the worker Styles is, in any way shape or form. Anyone who says Samoa Joe doesn't watch wrestling, and Bryan Danielson has never been under contract with WWE or TNA.

The answer is AJ Styles, and in a walk.

I also agree with cm punk he did have a very successful career in the wwe thusfar out of all the Roh wrestlers to ever make it to the wwe. But Samoa Joe is very much argueable. He is also a triple crown winner in tna and also is the longest regining world champion for the company.

He also which is arugeable to had the best match in tna history with Christerpher Daneils and Aj Styles in a triple threat for the X Divsion title. Also had about the same kind of debute reaction as cm punk when he debute for the wwe.

I understand Joe, but to me he is a bit of a disappointment. I know Punk has been to, but he isn't supposed to carry the company like Joe. Joe and AJ are the guy's who are supposed to carry TNA for the next couple of years and neither have proved it. Punk as well, but there are still many other face's their to take off the slack.

Also evidently Mickie James was an alumni, and so could count as well being that she is the most over diva in the WWE

I understand Joe, but to me he is a bit of a disappointment. I know Punk has been to, but he isn't supposed to carry the company like Joe. Joe and AJ are the guy's who are supposed to carry TNA for the next couple of years and neither have proved it. Punk as well, but there are still many other face's their to take off the slack.

Also evidently Mickie James was an alumni, and so could count as well being that she is the most over diva in the WWE

I agree with Slyfox Aj Styles is probley the most talented wrestler to come out of Roh and has held his company better then Cm Punk and Samoe Joe. But i still think Samoe Joe and Cm punk are still worthy talents to come out of Roh. I mean The two had a 5 star classic match against each other i forgot what ppv it was but people keep telling me check out that match and i saw it and it was that damn good. But since Slyfox has put it like that i guess Aj styles is the best talent to come out of Roh.

Also mickie james dont count cause she never work for roh full time.

I agree with Slyfox Aj Styles is probley the most talented wrestler to come out of Roh and has held his company better then Cm Punk and Samoe Joe. But i still think Samoe Joe and Cm punk are still worthy talents to come out of Roh. I mean The two had a 5 star classic match against each other i forgot what ppv it was but people keep telling me check out that match and i saw it and it was that damn good. But since Slyfox has put it like that i guess Aj styles is the best talent to come out of Roh.

Also mickie james dont count cause she never work for roh full time.
The 5 star match was Joe vs. Punk 2, but the match is, at best, average. Meltzer is a known sucker for Samoa Joe, and for trying to make his followers believe he is "smart" to the business. His ratings are so ridiculous that no objective person would ever use them to make a point.

Styles plays a heel, and a face very well. He has believable offense, can sell like a fiend, understands the psychology of a match, and is entertaining. No one else from ROH can say that.

I am kind of confused of the question. B/c if it is the most talented it has to be either AJ or CM. But if it is on success it is CM PUNK. He did it on a bigger stage. You really can't compare WWE to TNA.

On a side note, I caused my on confusion with this.

I am kind of confused of the question. B/c if it is the most talented it has to be either AJ or CM. But if it is on success it is CM PUNK. He did it on a bigger stage. You really can't compare WWE to TNA.

On a side note, I caused my on confusion with this.

The most talented wrestler to come out of Roh

The 5 star match was Joe vs. Punk 2, but the match is, at best, average. Meltzer is a known sucker for Samoa Joe, and for trying to make his followers believe he is "smart" to the business. His ratings are so ridiculous that no objective person would ever use them to make a point.

Styles plays a heel, and a face very well. He has believable offense, can sell like a fiend, understands the psychology of a match, and is entertaining. No one else from ROH can say that.

your right about that Aj styles Dose play well rather as a heel or babyface. But dosen't Cm punk to i mean his stuff from iwa mid south was really good but we are not talking about iwa we are talking about roh

The most talented wrestler to come out of Roh

O, ok than it is either Punk or AJ. But I am still going with Punk because of the fact he did it in WWE. In TNA AJ is one of many, as far as the type of things he does, while Punk is one of a handful of wrestlers. And yet again his moveset is limited in WWE, while AJ can basically use whatever he wants in TNA.:icon_exclaim:

O, ok than it is either Punk or AJ. But I am still going with Punk because of the fact he did it in WWE. In TNA AJ is one of many, as far as the type of things he does, while Punk is one of a handful of wrestlers. And yet again his moveset is limited in WWE, while AJ can basically use whatever he wants in TNA.:icon_exclaim:

Well im going to agree on what you are saying. Cm Punk is the better wrestler then Aj Styles he is far more techincal from what i have seen and can go highflying when ever he wants to,

Well im going to agree on what you are saying. Cm Punk is the better wrestler then Aj Styles he is far more techincal from what i have seen and can go highflying when ever he wants to,
No he's not. Punk isn't half the worker Styles is. He's more technical? Assuming I concede the point, which I don't...so? Technical wrestling has nothing to do with quality wrestling. Aside from that, CM Punk doesn't work a technical style anyways. He's been a bust in the WWE, been given some of the best booking in the history of the company, all of which amounted to a midcard status.

But the bottom line is(I feel like i am quote someone on that) ROH produced tons of talent and many more will come. Hopefully WWE will sign more.

No he's not. Punk isn't half the worker Styles is. He's more technical? Assuming I concede the point, which I don't...so? Technical wrestling has nothing to do with quality wrestling. Aside from that, CM Punk doesn't work a technical style anyways. He's been a bust in the WWE, been given some of the best booking in the history of the company, all of which amounted to a midcard status.

WHAT IS AJ THEN? Besides from being a mega star from the beginning, he has also been a bust. When was the last time he was world champ. Punk is doing it on a bigger stage too, while AJ does it on the same stage, every week.

By the way, is it just us talking about this? Come on

WHAT IS AJ THEN? Besides from being a mega star from the beginning, he has also been a bust. When was the last time he was world champ. Punk is doing it on a bigger stage too, while AJ does it on the same stage, every week.
A bigger stage? No, he doesn't. Punk has the same or less main-eventers on his brand, was given GREAT booking and failed (unlike Styles).

But, if we're going to say that AJ and Punk are at the same level in their respective companies (which they are not as Styles main-events), then it goes down to who the better worker is, and that is clearly AJ Styles, and by a mile.

A bigger stage? No, he doesn't. Punk has the same or less main-eventers on his brand, was given GREAT booking and failed (unlike Styles).

But, if we're going to say that AJ and Punk are at the same level in their respective companies (which they are not as Styles main-events), then it goes down to who the better worker is, and that is clearly AJ Styles, and by a mile.

When I said bigger stage, I meant national attention.
Secondly AJ works with better wrestlers, so thats why he seems like a better worker and he gets to use more moves than Punk, Yes or No?
And lastly the main event spot in TNA is the same as the mid card in WWE. The only difference is that more people will know you in WWE:doh:

When I said bigger stage, I meant national attention.
I know what you meant, but that has NOTHING to do with anything. Just because he decided to work for WWE instead of TNA doesn't make him a better worker.
Secondly AJ works with better wrestlers, so thats why he seems like a better worker and he gets to use more moves than Punk, Yes or No?
No. AJ has had to work with some terrible workers over the years (Joe, Petey, Sabin, etc.), and has made them all look like gold. Punk, on the other hand, has gotten to work with Regal, HBK, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Jericho, etc.

It's not even close. Who has AJ worked with that can compete with someone like Regal or Jericho, when it comes to in-ring mechanics? And number of moves have NOTHING to do with being able to be a good worker.

And lastly the main event spot in TNA is the same as the mid card in WWE. The only difference is that more people will know you in WWE:doh:
You're saying that Kurt Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Booker T, are on the same level as Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, etc.?

I know what you meant, but that has NOTHING to do with anything. Just because he decided to work for WWE instead of TNA doesn't make him a better worker.
No. AJ has had to work with some terrible workers over the years (Joe, Petey, Sabin, etc.), and has made them all look like gold. Punk, on the other hand, has gotten to work with Regal, HBK, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Jericho, etc.

It's not even close. Who has AJ worked with that can compete with someone like Regal or Jericho, when it comes to in-ring mechanics? And number of moves have NOTHING to do with being able to be a good worker.

You're saying that Kurt Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, Booker T, are on the same level as Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, etc.?

Are you serious? Why do you hate Joe for? Joe is a better wrestler than just about all of those people you mentioned. Second off, are you telling me that Kurt Angle is better than everyone on WWE. AJ worked with him, Daniels, Beer Money, and once again Joe. Can you really compare Joe to Regal. Regal is close to Joe. Joe is way better. Also you forgot to mention that punk has worked with Henry,Kane, Knox, JBL and Snitsky.

Second when I say that and the main event spot in TNA is the same as the mid card in WWE. The only difference is that more people will know you in WWE Is that most people know WWE over TNA. Obviously everyone you mentioned are bigger stars, but are less known now than a WWE mid carder.

And once again, may you address the fact that in TNA you can use every move you want, while in WWE, you moveset is limited. So he can't do everything he wants. :ass:

Are you serious? Why do you hate Joe for?
I don't hate Joe, just recognize how severely limited he is as a worker.

Joe is a better wrestler than just about all of those people you mentioned.
At what? Incorporating little psychology into his matches? Making his selling completely unrealistic? Burying every opponent he faces?

Samoa Joe does only one thing well, and that's beat the fuck out of people, without any regard to being able to put them over. He couldn't sell a box of matches to an Eskimo.

Second off, are you telling me that Kurt Angle is better than everyone on WWE.
Not at all. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Angle is a very average worker. But, if we're going to talk name value, can you honestly tell me that the WWE midcard names are as big as Angle.

AJ worked with him
And the fact he gets good matches out of him shows how good AJ is. Ever wonder why AJ could get good matches out of Angle, and yet every match Joe had with Angle was considered a letdown, including Joe's win at Lockdown?

Can you really compare Joe to Regal. Regal is close to Joe. Joe is way better.
Maybe at an eating contest, but when it comes to working a match, he's no where in the ball park.

Also you forgot to mention that punk has worked with Henry,Kane, Knox, JBL and Snitsky.
And had terrible matches with them all. What's your point?

AJ worked with crappy wrestler and got good results. Punk worked with crappy workers and got terrible results.

Second when I say that and the main event spot in TNA is the same as the mid card in WWE. The only difference is that more people will know you in WWE Is that most people know WWE over TNA. Obviously everyone you mentioned are bigger stars, but are less known now than a WWE mid carder.
If that is true, then how come when Christian debuted in ECW, he did so right at the main-event?

That's a false statement.

And once again, may you address the fact that in TNA you can use every move you want, while in WWE, you moveset is limited. :ass:
I already did. A moveset has nothing to do with the quality of a match.

And had terrible matches with them all. What's your point?

AJ worked with crappy wrestler and got good results. Punk worked with crappy workers and got terrible results.

If that is true, then how come when Christian debuted in ECW, he did so right at the main-event?

If AJ had to work with them the matches would of been worse.

What crappy wrestler? Name them

Again what crappy wrestler did AJ work with.

Christian is way more known for his time in the WWE than in TNA. People know more Creepy little bastard, than Captian Charisma.

And if Punk could use his full moveset, he would be "Phenomenal":flair:

If AJ had to work with them the matches would of been worse.
I doubt it. AJ is a better worker, and knows how to make people look good.

What crappy wrestler? Name them

Again what crappy wrestler did AJ work with.
I've already given you three.

Christian is way more known for his time in the WWE than in TNA. People know more Creepy little bastard, than Captian Charisma.
So? He was gone for YEARS. If it wasn't for his stint in TNA, he wouldn't have debuted in the main-event slot, a position he didn't hold during his first WWE run.

And if Punk could use his full moveset, he would be "Phenomenal":flair:
No he wouldn't, because moveset has nothing to do with being a good worker.

Punk has the SAME restrictions on his moveset that EVERYONE in the WWE has, and that doesn't stop them from being good workers. Moveset is a BS excuse, because it has nothing to do with quality.

I doubt it. AJ is a better worker, and knows how to make people look good.

I've already given you three.

So? He was gone for YEARS. If it wasn't for his stint in TNA, he wouldn't have debuted in the main-event slot, a position he didn't hold during his first WWE run.

No he wouldn't, because moveset has nothing to do with being a good worker.

Punk has the SAME restrictions on his moveset that EVERYONE in the WWE has, and that doesn't stop them from being good workers. Moveset is a BS excuse, because it has nothing to do with quality.

The people you call crappy aren't. Seriously Petey. Man you must really be an AJ mark

Wrong,, this is the main event in ECW, lets say it again ECW. Modern day one.

Wrong again. If Punk could use all his move he would better than AJ.

Don't get me wrong, I like AJ but he has more resoures and TNA has matches that fit his style unlike Punk in WWE:ass:

The people you call crappy aren't. Seriously Petey. Man you must really be an AJ mark
LOL, you think Petey Williams is a good wrestler, and you're calling me a mark? Seriously?

Wrong,, this is the main event in ECW, lets say it again ECW. Modern day one.
The main event of the current ECW is bigger than the old one. And Christian was never a main-event player in the WWE in his first run, outside of a brief moment in 2005.

Wrong again. If Punk could use all his move he would better than AJ.
That doesn't even begin to make sense. AJ is not a good wrestler because he uses certain moves that I like. AJ is a good worker because of the way he works a match, draws in the audience, works differently as face and heel, and the way he sells opponent offense. When AJ worked as a heel, what moves did he use that Punk doesn't get to use?

Hell, look at the moves Punk DOES use. Does he have an original move in his repertoire, or did he just rip them all off from various Japanese wrestlers? Moveset is nothing. Being able to actually work is.

I narrowed it down to 2 wrestlers, one is AJ Styles, and the other one is Punk. AJ was given the ball in TNA several years ago and ran with it. He put TNA on the map along with the help of others. Punk couldn't say that. He was given the ball in the WWE and he failed miserably. I am not a Punk supporter but he has room to improve. AJ already has a nice character and proved that he can play a good face or a good heel.

AJ is a more sounded wrestler because he's maintained his ME status in TNA for years, while CM Punk is battling over a mid card title or a middle card MITB match at Mania, just months removed after his first heavyweight title run.

So, the obvious answer is AJ Styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back