• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Best Promo Man Ever!

• Thread starter TheMostElectrifyingMan
  • Start date
Best promo is far too broad in my opinion. You have to ask best at certain types. For instance The Rock was probably the best at brining the ratings up during his promos where Piper is the best at (atleast seeming like he's) just winging it and going off while a guy like dusty rhodes or hulk hogan could be considered one of the best at making you feel like you had to watch their next match. One of the best at doing all of these was Ric Flair but I won't call him the best because he tended to come off like a blithering idiot often. Bret during the attitude era (as was already mentioned) needs props too. You have to say theres a talent and skill to being able to being able to make part of the audience absolutely love you while an equal part absolutely hates you because of the words you're saying. I always thought Shawn was amazing as well because often because of his matches he'd start a promo out (say after a ppv) to a face pop only to leave the ring with the fans practically rioting because of him. Who is the best promo man? It depends on what promo you want done.

to me, it's hard to have just one answer. reason being there are different situations the wrestlers were in. For instance...Shane Douglas and the Dudley Boyz were great in ecw...but they could go out and say whatever they wanted. they could curse and do whatever. To me, almost anybody could go out and cut a good heel promo under these circumstances. then you have the rock, now I'm probably the biggest Rock mark there is, but he was great at scripted promos. taking nothing away from him, because the guy had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand(including me). then you have guys like Ric Flair....Flair was the man, go back and watch his promos on youtube, or dvds. he was so ahead of his time it's crazy.

the rock in my mind, hands down so entertaining fresh material and hilarious everytime, maybe i say rock because im an attitude era guy but based on seeing every promo rocky has ever cut i love it lol

If WWE names a brand after one of your phrases, than you know you're doin' something right with the promos. Therefore, the Rock has to be right at the top of the list. Although, I will say no one compares to Edge today.

Cactus Jack circa 1995 in ECW.

Sure they were funny, but then they would change to being like "holy shit, he is really crazy"..

Obviously Rock would be a choice and along with Angle as they got the crowds reaction as soon as they step out of the curtain.

Joel Gertner also would have to be up their for "non wrestlers" along with Jim Cornette.. Cornette told it as it is, and Gertner did his job, be gross in someway and to some people, but yet funny.

Now a days, in WWE and TNA, their aren't really "top" promo guys, at least they don't grab your attention, and they just blab on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back