• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Best In The World: Another Theo Wallpaper

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
After CM Punk's epic performance at Money in the Bank I had to make a new background to commemorate the moment. So I give to you:

10gwxs9.png

Firstly I started off with a black background and found the Punk Nation flag on PSD and used that as the background image. Next I added in some lightning bolts and grunge like stocks and placed them where the main images would be set. I then found a handful of photos of Punk that I really liked and placed them throughout the set area. I did different things to blend them in and then added more renders like the red glow and some more grunge and spray paint like stocks. Then I placed a black bar in which I put the CM Punk text on and then added the best in the world text underneath. Then I played with the lighting and gave things a darker, more eerie feel and called it a day. Really proud of this piece and plan on rocking it for a good long time. Thoughts?

Good god.

Theo, you need to tell me how you do things like this. I'm incredibly jealous of your skill. Are there particular tutorials you followed in order to get the knowledge to make this? Was it trial and error? I'm in a bit of a slump right now and I think learning how to do stuff like this would really give me a kickstart.

You've knocked it out of the park yet again. This wall is just gorgeous, with the lighting effects, pictures of Punk, and the background being blurry yet clear. God I can't heap enough praise on it. The only thing I'd suggest is that all of the Punk pics seem to be of a different contrast. It gives it a bit of depth, but it's also just a little weird.

Just...damn. This is brilliant, and I have no idea how you pulled this off.

Yeah I know what you mean with slumps. I've been in one myself before churning this puppy out. I mainly was sticking to simple things as anything fancy just didn't look right and looked forced. Honestly this was pretty much trial and error. I played around with many different renders, stocks, textures, gradients, light sources, etc before coming up with the final product. Their really isn't secrets to my trade. I'd say just play around with things that you might be able to work with and maybe find some expert like tutorials and maybe that will bring you out of your slump Doccy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back