• John Bradshaw Layfield

• The Undertaker

• Chris Hero

• Mike Awesome

• (Your External Choice)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pay Per Ghost

What they f*ck happened in the thread section here
Hello boys and girls Part 2 of the series now commences and we look at another Legendary move, perhaps, the most legendary of'em all...

[YOUTUBE]VYC9UFH2_lo[/YOUTUBE]​

The Powerbomb has to be one of the most staple moves in any big man's arsenal since god knows when. It's had its variations over the years from Big Van Vader to Jack Swagger all using it. It has also evolved into the repetoire of technical and lucha wrestlers using it with much speed and precision. But let's keep it fairly simple here and go with the traditional version of this move. No, Razor's Edge doesn't count sorry!

Now we decide who did it best? and why you think so?

My pick...

Mike Awesome

[YOUTUBE]HBuO4qBLiy4[/YOUTUBE]​

Now I never really got a chance to look at his matches more, or his pro-wrestling career, but the man gave some of the most sickest powerbombs ever...mostly to the same guy, Masato Tanaka. I have heard he was pretty good for a big man, but it's his signature move that I watched online that really got my attention. He did some great variations like the sit-out, normal and running versions. So for me, Mike Awesome it is.

IF there was a more damage potential move from the Powerbomb users in the US it would have to be Kevin Nash. Though as a generic mark Fan you'd love the jackknife, but as a watcher of wrestling from the standpoint of performers doing moves, the Jackknife got to be the most reckless of Powerbombs. Gatso Bombs in Japan at least are accidental trying to look intential. The Jack Knife I'd prefer to call the Half-A@@ bomb, all he does is the lift, then he lets go and they wrestler free falls and it is up to them to fall correctly not to hurt themselves. each move is suppose to be designed so that both participants execute it with the idea of doing the least bit of real damage. Thereby the Powerbomb you see like Sid does he lifts and keeps a level of control of the move on the way up and on the way down he is still holding on. As do most who does the powerbomb. Kevin Nash doesn't follow through just lifts and drops.

Powerbombs has been used in alot of Big Men Arsenals for years. Some names include:

Diesel: Now he kinda popularize it a bit, after getting it banned by WCW for Breaking Big Show's neck. But it does look Wimpy.....Let's face it, the only good thing about it was the name "Jacknife."

Vader- His Aiiight.

JBL- Kinda Powerful but I've seen Better.

Psycho Sid- Great Powerbomb. Perfected the move, and very convincing to why his opponets stay down for the 3 count.

But the best Powerbomb of all, has to go to The Undertaker.

The Last Ride was the Biggest, and Baddest Powerbomb I've ever seen. Now just think about it, there's nothing fun about a dude 7 feet tall scooping u up and snatching u down by your drawers, resulting in your head bouncing off the ring, and your back being knocked your back outta wack. So if there's a bigger more dramatic Powerbomb please tell me so I can feel at ease about taking a Last Ride.

Mike Awesome's Powerbomb is no doubt one of the greatest up there. Some of his greatest moments in the ring were his days in ECW as ECW Champion power bombing Masato Tanaka off the top ropes into a stack of tables. A very good executed Power Bomb each time. My personal favorite though, would go to Jushin "Thunder" Liger's Liger Bomb. I mean where would we be without the original Liger Bomb. Guys like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and even Rey Mysterio used it on occasion before coming to the WWE. Batista and Giant Bernard used a variation of the move as a finisher. Jushin Liger didn't put a lot of power into the Liger Bomb which made it stand out from the rest. It still looked great. He used a lot of variations of the move like the running Liger Bomb or the Crucifix Liger Bomb. The best and most used powerbomb on that list. Without Thunder's variation, none of the others would probably exist.
Here's a video:
[YOUTUBE]KCZzZyTjnvw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YOUTUBE]

I've got to go with Mike Awesome. He always delivered the move so crispy and forcefully, and made it look like a match-ender every time. Other users... not so much.

[YOUTUBE]V64kD9jpYUc[/YOUTUBE]​

It really has to be Batista. Just look at the brutality behind his Batista Bombs. They make it look like he legitimately fucks you up.

Batista always looked legit when he did the powerbomb. A lot of others certainly did as well, but Batista was really just one hell of a beast. And the very fact that he could practically hit it from out of nowhere in situations like when he powerbombed John Cena at Summerslam 2008 to break his neck.

Also, I like how Batista eventually went on to do the rolling through when he would perform the finisher to get back into a position where he could either quickly slide over to pin, or get up on his feet again.

[YOUTUBE]1F_5lbZMGu0[/YOUTUBE]​

The final one is what I'm talking about. But this video also shows the many various ways he could perform it in terms of putting power behind the sit-out powerbomb as well as the standing powerbomb etc.

Batista is just a beast of a man, and if you ask me, his powerbomb is hands down the best in the business.

I'm going to have to go with Kevin Nash. Mike Awesome and Vader had good ones, but Nash had the most impressive. The thing that made Nash 's look great was his height. He was taller than Sid and Taker, and a good half foot taller than Vader, Awesome, and Batista. I also think he had the power bomb of the 90's. He hit everyone with it from Hogan and Big Show to Taker and The Rock. For my money it's Nash.

I think the greatest one is The Last Ride from Taker. I may be biased, but that moved just looked cruel to me. I like when he did it to Nunzio when he went against the FBI and it looked vicious. Nunzio added to it by praying in mid air or whatever he was doing.

I liked how JBL did some of his powerbombs. I remember when he did one to Rey Mysterio after starting his big heel push into the championship. It looked pretty good. Maybe because it was Rey and he is a small guy.

I also liked Batista's powerbombs. I think they were great, but they just didn't seem as convincing sometimes because he seemed like was just slacking through them. I mostly liked his first ones though. When he first started ascending to main event they looked more brutal.

Mike Awesome with question. I still remember the first time i saw the Awesome Bomb through the table on Masato Tanaka at One Night Stand 2005. Awesome!

Kevin Nash's powerbomb takes this 1 pretty easy in my opinion, He was a 7ft monster, he just easily lifts his victims up and lets them free fall to the mat, In my opinion he perfected the powerbomb and put his own twist on it

This one was pretty tough for me and it came down to three main people.

The Undertaker-The last ride is not your average powerbomb, this move took the classic move and took it to another level. The move fit perfectly with the new persona.

Kevin Nash-His powerbomb just looks so effortless. Definitely one of the best finishers I can remember.

Psycho Sid-He was so intense. His bomb just looked like he ended to kill the person he was giving it to.

Ultimately, I voted for Sid. I hated the American Bad Ass gimmick, and will always be a huge mark for the tombstone. Nash's almost looks disinterested at times. It is so easy and effortless it takes away from the effect.

This thread has been done before. But as i said in that thread, i would go with psycho Sid. His power bomb look vicious, and the fall looked extremely high. Most of the time, When he hit the Bomb it seriously didn't look like you were getting up. It didn't look like Vader's. Vader looked like he barely lifted or barely slammed you. You should call Vader's the "lovebomb"

Any Powerbomb that was really a Tigerbomb is my pick. I just love how powerful it looks when applied; the technical movements that go with it just add on to why seeing one has never gotten stale with me. Wrestlers like Jamie Noble and Rodney Mack have been creditted with using this move, and there are quite a few others whose names escape me.

I have to say Mike Awesome is the master of the powerbomb. He can hit such a wide variety of Awesome bombs its unreal. For example, the regular awesome bomb, sit out Awesome bomb (usually off the ring apron through a table), the running over the shoulder version throwing the opponent over the top rope, the sit out backwards Awesome Bomb from the top rope and the Awesome Bomb where he jumps from the top rope forwards throwing his opponent acorss the ring.

I feel so sorry for Masato Tanaka, the amount of powerbombs that guy took is sick haha

Other than Mike Awesome, I would go with Undertaker. The Last Ride is an incredible move, and was my favoruite move in the business as soon as I saw it. The strength it takes to not only lift a near 300lbs man up onto your shoulders, and then from there lift him up with straight arms is fucking unreal. Taker mastered that move and I have never seen anyone else even try it

Tough thread. To me, the power bomb is one of the most lethal finishing moves of all time. And can make or break anyone that uses it as their finisher. Any and all of those guys are pretty legendary as far as the Power Bomb is concerned.

Some would argue Vader was the creator of the power bomb. I've read Mick Foley's book twice, enough times to know, how stiff Vader was in the ring and how dangerous of a move this is.

Nash seems like the perfect choice because for the better part of three years he was on top of the business with this as his finisher. Most of us have seen the video of Nash dropping the Giant on his neck.

Of the choices on the list, Sid is probably my guilty pleasure as far as these guys go in terms of one of my favorite wrestlers, but not necessarily because of the powerbomb, although he was lethal. Anyone remember when he turned on HBK after Wrestlemania XI and he powerbombed him like 7 times?

As for my choice, this to me, says it all:

watch

Mike Awesome added an entirely new element to the power bomb.. He ran with his opponents after hoisting them up onto his shoulders delivering some of the most devastating bombs I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back