Master of the Powerbomb?

Master of the Powerbomb?!

• Sid Vicious

• Vader

• Kevin Nash

• Scott Norton

• Someone else (please tell who you chose)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on nash. The guy does it to perfection, even at his age and with bad knees. And hes so careful about how he does it. He makes it look like it hurts without ever really hurting anyone. kudos to him.

Kevin Nash for mine. Others might have looked more devastating but nothing beat his for impact and technique.

I always popped hard for it plus when I was a kid, I thought it was the only move Goldberg would lose to and was afraid of lol.

Its a shame he doesn't do it as much now in TNA but out of all the powerbomb boys over the years Kevin Nash is the man in my eyes at it.

I was always a fan of the Jackknife Powerbomb as a kid, because it literally looked to fold the guy up. But I think one of the better powerbombs is the Bernard Bomb dont by Giant Bernard, formerly A-Train in the WWE. He used his power to through the guy up in the air, and it looked as though he was litterally using their momentum on the way down, as well as his own strength to power them down. and as a big guy himself, it looked as though it would really crush his opponents.

This is my first post, but my pick for the true master of the powerbomb, the late great Mike Awesome. He's the only guy to put awesome in about every move he used and made it true. His matches were legendary with Masato Tanaka. and he could hit a powerbomb out f nowhere, no matter if he was in the ring, on the top rope, or throwing someone to the floor. I know that everyone has their own opinion, thats what makes the world work, still it saddens me that Scott Norton Made the list and the man who made the Awesome Bomb did not,

this is going to sound weird, but who i thought had an impressive powerbomb was.........hercules hernandez. yes i said it, when hercules was competing in wcw, he wrestled as a masked oriental wrestler named super invader. for some reason i remembered him for being a vader ripoff managed by harley race. chezzy gimmic, but hellafied powerbomb

jack knife is good and all, but my fav has got to be the last ride, when the height Taker gets u up, its just awsome to watch

Thats a variation mate, not a standard powerbomb which is what this thread is about.

We're not talking crucifix powerbombs (Razor's Edge), elevated powerbombs (Taker's Last Ride) or even sitouts (Batista Bomb ><)...We're talking a straight-up pick 'em up and bomb 'em.

Geez!, how many people didn't read this thread properly? The Last Ride or the Ligerbomb or hernandez's alpha bomb etc doesn't count. http://forums.wrestlezone.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif

I voted for Sid, not only because I like his version best but also for the way he could mix them up sometimes like when he would spin his victim around then toss them sometimes and I have seen him drop to his knees while executing it as well as a one shoulder version. Always a good powerbomb when The Man who rules The World is hitting it :)

I have to agree. Sid was an intimidating man and when he just puts you into that powerbomb, you have no chance in hell of getting up. When he had the "Psycho" persona, he was more vicious than ever with the move...even laughing at his victims. It was clean, devastating, and so believable that you felt the pain he gave out.

My first runner up was the late, great Mike Awesome. He made it look so easy and he'd pull it out (like HBK's superkick) anytime and you were done. He never got the recognition he truly deserved...what a waste.

Many of the newer fans are jumping on the Nash thing, but like it was said before, he's sloppy and dangerous with it. Anytime you can actually hurt the man in the ring (whether intentional or not), he's negligent and should take the sport more seriously.

The Master And Ruler Of The World is the Master And Ruler Of The Powerbomb. Sid's Powerbombs always looked so clean, and to my knowledge Sid has never legitimately injured someone with it. Although he doesn't drive his opponents like Scott Norton or Vader did, the fact he drops his opponent and he stands over him makes Sid and the move seem a lot more intimidating.

For me, it's Big Van Vader. I think if you asked guys like Mick Foley who's was the worst to take, and who's you'd want to take the least, they'd answer Vader too. The other guys had good powerbombs, but Vader sold his as that it was so devastating, that you'd end up in the hospital. I didn't get that impression from guys like Nash or Sid.

I also enjoyed Awesome's powerbombs, but he had the advantage of being able to put his opponents through tables and whatnot. If Vader circa 1992 would have been in ECW at it's hardcore peak, just imagine what he could have done.

I say Mike Awesome
he had two powerbomb finishers and could pull them out anywhere apron, backstage, ring to the floor, top rope you name it he did it
26.jpg

I liked Mike Awesome being able to do so many variations of his Awesome Bomb; the one off the top rope being my fave. But has he ever done it to someone around his size? I only remember him doing them to smaller wrestlers; Masata Tanaka being the biggest I've seen him do it to.

My vote goes for Vader. His version made you cringe everytime due to the force he put behind it. Sid is a very close 2nd. Nash's I never liked cuz it seemed like a lazy version since half way through it he just let's go and the guy falls. It's not a 'Power'bomb if you take away the power and just let'em fall.

Vader easily.

While I put my vote towards "Other" thinking of Mike Awesome, I suddenly had a flashback to some of JBL's powerbombs. Even before JBL, when it was just Bradshaw, he had one mean looking Powerbomb. It was very simular in style to that of Norton or Vader in that he would really slam then down hard and made the move actually look devestating, unlike Nash's, which often to me looked about as devestating as a back body drop.

But the Awesomebomb was an amazing looking move and that is still my number one vote. I was a huge Awesome fan during his run as ECW champ and even the first part of his WCW run as the "Career Killer" I thought was really great and we saw some really harsh looking Powerbombs during those era's.

R.I.P AWESOME!

I think JBL has probably got the only one that I haven't seen botched, and the cigar taunt made it a bit amusing. The Awesome Bomb was pretty cool, but that was more of a high angle powerbomb than the traditional type we are talking about, so I am picking JBL as my favourite something in wrestling history.

The Jackknife is one of my favorite moves of all time. I am pretty sure that its the first type of power bomb I had ever seen as I became a fan in summer 96 and Kevin Nash was a favorite of mine at that time. Still is.

His power bomb was so devistating and so many different wrestlers have taken it. The two that he delivers to Taker at Wrestlemania 12 always stand out as some of his better ones. It just has so much impact with that elevated release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back