The best and worst Royal Rumble winners.

Best:

Chris Benoit because of the way he jumped to Raw and HBK got involved. The road to WrestleMania in 2004 was intense. I like that he lost it to Orton too. It was a worth while victory.

Worst:

Rey Rey because if Eddie hadn't passed away he never would have gotten the belt; which he lost to King Booker. I was rooting for both heels at Mania :|

The best would have to be Ric Flair. The title was on the line for this one and a lot of big names were involved. When he came out at #3 it was assumed he didn't have a chance. Flair gutted it out and for over an hour survived against guys like Hogan, Taker, Savage, Sid, and Piper. This was a remarkable performance.

The worst is probably Vince McMahon. I know Austin vs. McMahon was the hottest thing going, but this was a little insulting to the rest of the wrestlers involved. Vince comes in at #2. He runs out of the ring right away to sit at the announcer's table. At the very end he dumps Austin from behind. I know this put Vince over as a heel even more, but this is a blemish on the Rumble's history. I guess the only good thing is it prevented Austin from winning again. Nothing against the rattlesnake, but I don't think he needs four rumble wins on his resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back