• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bella Twins Not Renewing Their WWE Deals?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night's episode of Total Divas was the season finale and both Nikki & Brie informed WWE officials that they don't plan on renewing their deal when their current one expires. Now, generally speaking, Total Divas is pretty scripted and this might just be something they did to end the current season of the show with a cliffhanger. The scene in which they informed officials of their plans not to renew was said to be shot around Survivor Series.

If they are legitimately leaving, then it might give some reasoning as to why Brie turned heel. There's been no explanation as to why it happened and they're back to their mean high school girls persona, so I'm guessing it was done because Vince wanted them to ultimately go out with the same sort of character they went in with.

I'm guessing their departure will take place sometime after WrestleMania with Nikki dropping the Divas Championship back to either AJ Lee or Paige, if it's all not part of a Total Divas storyline. As to why Brie is leaving, it's pretty obvious that she wants to start a family with Daniel Bryan and maybe Nikki has finally convinced Cena to start one as well.

While I hate their mean girl personas, that shit is beyond juvenile, I have to give them credit for the vast improvements they made inside the ring. When they left the first time around, both of them definitely put in some genuine training inside the ring, Brie especially. I think there's still more potential that they have as far as in-ring work goes, I think the same goes for a lot of women on the roster, but they've never really been given the time or opportunity to show it.

Probably just added dramatic effect on reality show. After all, they anounced that on july 7 new season is coming back with all previous cast. :)

I think the reality is that they both knew that their shelf lives were limited and with Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley all basically ready to come up to the main roster their time at the top is over.

It's possible this is a "story" but also remember at the time this was filmed it was entirely possible D-Bry wasn't coming back at all, that Punk's podcast hadn't yet dropped so AJ's future was not so under the microscope and that the#givedivasachance stuff hadn't happened.

In 6 months a lot has changed on both the WWE and their own sides that mean it's not cut and dried. AJ is a wildcard, but her spat with Steph smells more storyline than anything, like that is gonna be the next major "Diva" story, while Charlotte moves up to feud with Paige over the title with Bayley and Sasha then coming up later in the year. Not seeing a lot of room for Twin Magic if the girls who can go get the time they crave.

The biggest telltale though is they have the balls to do it cos they did it before...they asked for their release...that they're now with 2 of the biggest company stars guarantees an open door for them whatever they choose to do, that only closes if Cena gets a roving eye on the road without Nikki there all the time. Brie may be happy doing the wifey thing and it seems logical to do it now while she is still young enough she can come back in 2 or 3 years.

They've not convinced me of their value, but they're not the worst people on WWE's payroll and have taken their chances...so fair play and good luck to them.

I guess if there's a time to go, now would be it with the likes of Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley and more set for the main roster soon. But, I just don't see it yet. Total Divas will have another series starting in July, and the Bellas are still the poster girls for the series. I just see it as a cliffhanger personally.

I do agree though, I think their in-ring abilities have improved dramatically. Nikki in particular. I'd certainly rank her as one of the strongest, if not the strongest diva on the roster right now. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, her finisher is fantastic. I also agree with absolutely hating the mean girls act, and it's annoying that Brie was turned heel with no explanation, especially when you consider how much time and effort they put into the family feud, and getting Stephanie back into the ring. They even had the divas segment closing out a Raw show. That's a big deal! Then to just turn her heel and completely end the story between them was kind of a bummer.

I don't know what the plan is for Mania, but I don't particularly want Nikki to be walking out still as champion. But I don't want them to leave the company either.

The thing is, although this was on the season finale, the episode contained scenes from Survivor Series. Doesn't that mean this was all taped in November or shortly after? If so, since their contracts were up shortly, this issue is presumably settled by now, right? It's March and they're still here.

I believe Brie said she's 31 (Nikki probably is probably close to that, too ;)) and if they do one more 3-year contract, they'll be 35, which seems to be the modern celebrity's "fashionable" age for first having children.

So, that's my guess. The Bella twins are out in 2018.

Freaking best news ever and Jack Hammer has made my day. I don't hate them cause I don't know them, but if I never seen another Bella match won't be crying in my beer.

Never been a fan of the Bella's and never will be, so best of luck to them, and please don't come back.

PLEASE let this be true.... it would be the best thing that could happen to the divas division if those two useless talentless wastes of a roster spot leave. Brie is second only to Cameron for being THE worst diva in the whole company. While Nikki did improve, she's not worthy of being Divas Champion. Yes, I do take the "prestige" of the Divas Championship into consideration when stating that. Charlotte's main roster promotion has to be coming soon; so with AJ, Paige, Natalya, and Summer Rae all also being on the roster there are more then enough divas who can WRESTLE who the division can focus on. That's without even starting on all other the girls in NXT, every single one of which is better than The Bellas in EVERY category. The Bellas should never have been anywhere near the title to begin with.

As for those who were unhappy that Brie suddenly aligned with her sister and they didn't finish the Bella VS Bella feud.... really!? Why would anyone actually WANT to see that play out? Have AJ or Paige take the belt so we have a champion again who can actually work a match and cut promos.... If/When The Bellas leave, I won't miss them. Seriously. I'll have a drink in celebration the day they get released. That's how much they suck. I'd legitimately wish them the best as human beings, as I have no problem with them for who they are in real life.... it's their lack of bringing anything positive to the table in a wrestling capacity that makes me despise them. They cannot wrestle and I don't want them on my television, let alone messing up a division that was doing SO much better before Nikki won the title. Good riddance if they do leave.

Sorry, folks. I'm calling it now; it's a work.

In fact, I'm willing to bet a name bet just because of sure of how much of a work this is. You really think, post CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, and Rey Mysterio, that WWE is going to let the fucking Bella twins bitch about how they want to work somewhere else, and that they would be so much better anywhere else?

Sorry, guys. Anything you see on Total Divas is probably bullshit. And this is probably bullshit, too.

I actually disagree about Nikki being a bad choice for Diva's champion. She's not the best in any capacity, but I think she nails the bitchy persona in a more believable way than AJ or Paige. I'm not even referring to her promos, but I refer to the way she carries herself. However, I don't think the entire division should be built around her. I kind of wish that the Paige feud had a stronger build, as I think Paige should've taken the belt. But as it was, Paige felt like credible filler. Although I wish someone new would capture the belt, as I'm tired of it going back and forth between the same few people.

Then again, I could care less about the diva division for the main roster.

As for Brie, I see her as more mediocre than bad. But I suspect it's a work, as it just seems odd that they would quit around the same time, when their careers are at their peek. If WWE had known Nikki was going to be leaving within 6 months, they'd probably be jobbing her.

The best bet will be that they will come back in July and say that they will sign a shorter contract. When you figure that there was Survivor Series on the last show and now it's March, they can't seriously believe people will buy the cliffhanger?

Brie Bella and Nikki Bella are heading to TNA Panda Energy pays millions ala Ted Turner
Panda Energy financially backs them. They are a billion dollar business, so they are able to afford a great deal of things. Many of the top stars in TNA as well as those big stars from the past had their contracts through Panda just in case of TNA having issues. This was similar to what happened with WCW in that many had contracts through Turner and not WCW

I am almost positive it's all just drama for the show...

with that being said, 2 things...

1) Brie has talked for a while now about wanting to have kids... she's almost 32 already, not exactly a young mother... I could definitely see her retiring

2) The July 7 premiere of season 4 means nothing to this seeing as how all the filming for it has already been done, the footage would be of stuff that's already occurred while under the current contract. we also don't know when the contract ends...

my best guess is that the twins signed an extension but got it down from 3 years to 1 or 2 and that'll be the end

I am almost positive it's all just drama for the show...

with that being said, 2 things...

1) Brie has talked for a while now about wanting to have kids... she's almost 32 already, not exactly a young mother... I could definitely see her retiring

2) The July 7 premiere of season 4 means nothing to this seeing as how all the filming for it has already been done, the footage would be of stuff that's already occurred while under the current contract. we also don't know when the contract ends...

my best guess is that the twins signed an extension but got it down from 3 years to 1 or 2 and that'll be the end

This.

They could already have filmed the next season under their present contract. The wild card in all this is no one seems to know when their contracts are up. I don't blame Brie Bella for wanting to get out and start a family if that's what she wants, and I don't see her sister staying around without her.

This will be a major hit to the Divas division. As much as some niche message boards like this don't like the Bellas, they're ultra over and probably pretty big money-makers. For the billionth time, technical in-ring technicians don't always sell the most, bring in the most, or earn the most. Of course they're needed, but for every Daniel Bryan, you need a John Cena.

The Bellas have been in the WWE since 2007, and on TV since 2008. While they aren't mainstream veterans, they do have some years in the business, and they still bring a lot to the table.

As for criticizing their wrestling talent, they aren't that bad, and never were. Most of the guys aren't very good, either. But they do have magnetic personalities. If they really are going, that's a pretty big slam in the Divas division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back