• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Bash - Michelle McCool VS Melina (Women's Championship)

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently no one had started this thread yet, so I'm starting it!

Unlike most of the people who post on these forums, I actually like the divas matches and will be looking forward to this one. I want Michelle to win so she can say she was the first to have held both the Womens and Divas titles. It is too early for me to predict a winner yet, be on the lookout for my predictions after Smackdown, I'll post em friday or saturday just like I do before every ppv.

Should be good as far as divas matches go, discuss!

Honestly, I doubt too many people care about this match. It is just a filler, to add more gold to the lineup card. The women's division in the WWE is a complete joke!

i also think that most people don't care about this match,but i think that this match could be good since melina and mccool are the 2 best(and hottest)divas on sd.divas aren't given enough time on tv so this match will last 5 minutes or so.

Haha whether you care about the divas or the women's championship the sad part is that this match will definitely get a better spot than the ECW title match. And it actually looks to be a good ECW title match but we all know what Vince thinks about that division. But I'll give an opinion since this is what the thread is about.

I'm going with Melina as it's too early to let Michelle McCool be the only woman to hold the Divas and Women's championship. Same on Raw Mickie won't beat Maryse for a while cause I think they want to wait a while before they give any woman that distinction of holding both brands belts.

Here's a better question.....
Do the divas on ECW ever get a chance to challenge for one of the women's championship. How did Natalya get stuck on a brand without a women's title?( I know it's because of the Hart Dynasty but damn.) I believe that Melina and Maryse should be able to defend their belts on their brand and ECW. A better solution would have been a women's title merging and have the women's champ like the tag champ being able to defend on all three brands.

I don't really care for this match. I like the divas, but I don't like their matches. I wish WWE would let their divas do hardcore matches, ladder matches, and steel cage matches, but I guess WWE doesn't want their divas to get hurt. That why I like the Knockouts of TNA better because they're not afraid to get violent.

The match should be solid as both Michelle and Melina are good workers. Two of the best in the company.

Melina. Yes.

Michelle McCool. No.

McCool isn't half the worker of Melina or Mickie or Maryse. McCool is awkward in the ring and looks like a walking botched spot waiting to happen. This match will be good because of Melina and there's NO reason for McCool to win this belt. None. No one wants to see Melina chase McCool for the belt. Nobody, except Taker, wants to see McCool as champion. McCool needs to go pose nude for Hustler and retire.

uh, yea. No one cares, no one is gonna care. Mccool is balls, and Melina seems to have lost a ton of momentum as a top competitor. Just feels to me this has zero heat behind it. Also feels this slot couldve gone to something more usefull. Oh well. Dont know who is gonna, win, and dont really care.

It's a shame that this match isn't going to be cared about, because they really did make an attempt to build up this match, and they don't do that often. Melina is solid but McCool on the other hand. Meh. I just don't think she's ready for a title shot just yet. Especially the Womens Championship, which holds helluva lot more prestige than that god awful Divas title. Not my favourite choice of competitors in this match, and I personally think that they should just cancel out the Divas title and have the Womens Championship up for grabs on all three brands.

As for the match itself, I can imagine it being pretty solid, Melina will no doubt carry the match. I can see some botches here and there and nothing will make it memorable. Just another filler.

Like I said in my opening post in this thread.... this will be a great match (by divas match standards that is). I definately think Michelle will go over here. She will be able to say she was the first diva to hold both the diva's and women's championship, which will make her character appear more dominant than ever!

DAGGER DIAS prediction: Michelle
_

A women's title match is on a PPV that isn't night of champions. Nice. Melina and McCool should be able to have a decent match that can go around five minutes. If not, it's a good time to go for a piss.

I think McCool will win, simply because Melina's had the title for ages. Neither women's title has changed for a while so it's time now. If Melina wins there's no one else to face, everyone is a face.

The match was serviceable but nothing great. I liked McCool winning but where does she go from here. I see an encounter with Gail Kim in the future or a rematch with Melina. I don't know what Melina is going to do down the road. She was great as a heel but I don't see her turning heel in the forseeable future.

The match was ok, although Melina basically got squashed. This are my two favorite diva's in the WWE so I really didn't care who won, but I wish Melina put up more of a fight. McCool as a heel works alot better for me, then face McCool so this title reign should be better than her first one.

I think with the right amount of time, Melina & McCool could have a really good match, since both are two of the best workers in the WWE(along with Maryse/Mickie/Gail)so I hope at the very least they get one more PPV match between them, where both hopefully will shine.

With Melina's loss and her whole title reign I think she really needs a change in character or something to give her more momentum. When Melina use to manage MNM and was involved with Cena, Foley, Vince, ect storyline she was a great heel magnet. People talk about Maryse's heel heat, Melina got great heat too. So a heel change would be great, but with McCool as HBIC I don't see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back