The Band of Brothers Thread

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Band of Brothers is a television mini-series from 2001 that follows the story of the American regimen Easy Company during World War II, based off of the book by Stephen Ambrose. I am currently watching the series in World History, am in the middle of the third episode, so I'm not too far into it. But, it is good so far.

To me, a series like this that capture's the grittiness of war and what the soldiers had to go through works, because it shows the real side of things for once. Everything done by Hollywood is glamorized, of course, but with the interviews from the actual soldiers and the fact that it's based on real people and real events is enough to sell it for me, especially the rawness and grittiness of the movie. It delivers it's point.

So what is everyone's thoughts on Band of Brothers?

I think that Band of Brothers was brilliant, I actually planned a vacation in Europe based off the locations in this epic series. I've spoken with several WW II vets about it including my grandfather and they all said that it is the most realist peice on the war that they had seen.

The fact that it is realistic makes it that much more interesting, but what really made this series special to me was the amazing cinematography. If anybody hasnt seen it they need to because they will truely enjoy it, and it is a very important peice of history that everyone should know more about than reading a chapter of a history book in school.

How the bejesus have more people NOT posted on this thread? BoB is simply one of the best dramas ever, be it a film, tv series or special.

Schwimmer really impressed me as Sobel, nailed the asshole role to a tee. His final appearance in Germany where he has to salute Winters is one of my favourite moments.

The episodes relating to the Battle of the Bulge are as incredible as they are sad. Through the series to that point we, the audience, had got to know the characters and their friends in such a way that we knew the cliques etc. so when *spoiler avoided* loses his friends in quick succession it really takes a toll.

Amazing series. I watched the first two Pacifics but couldn't get into the rest of them, it just wasn't Band of Brothers.

Actually, anyone know why Martin was hating on Webster in the 8th episode? I realise he had missed action but the look on Webster's face when Martin turns out to be leading the patrol seemed to suggest something more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back