The Attitude Era's Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrestlingfanatic98

Pre-Show Stalwart
Yes it is another attitude era topic, but I want to talk about the roster which for me gets overlooked by allot of the fans, who use its violence and so called sex content to bash that era. But I want to talk about the roster itself

Now yes 98 perhaps did not have a huge roster, but it still had enough in the roster to build a good tag team and IC division, that the new age outlaws along with rock and HHH would lay the foundations of one of the company's greatest tag team and IC title periods in years. Now I want to go to when the company hit it's peak, (2000) say around summer 2000 time. I will do a pyramid of the roster the company had and some of the factions they had also

the WWF title contenders/ main event guys
Stone cold, rock, HHH, undertaker, kane, big show, Y2J, benoit, angle

IC european contenders,
Y2J, benoit, eddie, angle, malenko, saturn

I put benoit angle and Y2J in both WWF IC and european title area's because all 3 had a huge influence in all 3 pieces of gold, and their effect on the main event level and some of its story-lines. That angle would clean house in 99/00 with european IC KOTR and the WWF title

mid-carders
rikishi, x-pac, godfather, val venus, test, albert, henry, regal,

Tag team
New age outlaws, dudley boys, edge and christian, hardy boys, APA, T and A, too cool

the factions
DX, RTC, mcmahon helmsley faction

womens division
trish, ivory, china, Jacqueline

When I look at the standards the WWF used to set for themselves, and can anyone wonder why the older fans sometimes bash the current product. When at times your midcard IC and european contenders contest of benoit Y2J angle and eddie, who all the fans today would consider them WWE main eventers how can anyone not be impressed with the booking and how they built all the roster up. In 2001 royal rumble benoit and Y2J were fighting for the IC title, that was your midcarders at the royal rumble.

Yes it is another attitude era topic, but I want to talk about the roster which for me gets overlooked by allot of the fans, who use its violence and so called sex content to bash that era. But I want to talk about the roster itself

Now yes 98 perhaps did not have a huge roster, but it still had enough in the roster to build a good tag team and IC division, that the new age outlaws along with rock and HHH would lay the foundations of one of the company's greatest tag team and IC title periods in years. Now I want to go to when the company hit it's peak, (2000) say around summer 2000 time. I will do a pyramid of the roster the company had and some of the factions they had also

When I look at the standards the WWF used to set for themselves, and can anyone wonder why the older fans sometimes bash the current product. When at times your midcard IC and european contenders contest of benoit Y2J angle and eddie, who all the fans today would consider them WWE main eventers how can anyone not be impressed with the booking and how they built all the roster up. In 2001 royal rumble benoit and Y2J were fighting for the IC title, that was your midcarders at the royal rumble.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. It's easy to just pick the peak time and say how good the roster was. Guys like Angle, Guerrero, and Jericho are considered main eventers today because they worked their way up from the midcarders they were in 2000. John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, and Edge were mid carders in 2003/2004 and are now considered main eventers. Some of the guys that are midcarders now will be main eventers in a couple years and we'll look back at this time and be impressed by the stacked roster. I agree that the roster was really good in 2000, but what are you looking to get out of this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back