The Action Era Of WWE Films Is Coming To An End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
As we all know(mainly because WWE has reminded us about a thousand times) Legendary, starring John Cena is set to be released this Friday. Now if you've seen the trailer, you'll probably notice something different. Legendary doesn't look like your typical WWE film. There's no shootouts, no big explosions, and a woman playing Cena's wife isn't being kidnapped, and it seems as if there's a reason for that:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2010-09-04-wwe-films_N.htm

So it looks like WWE is trying to get away from their usual action style films, and make a transition into another film market. I've watched the Legendary trailer many times, and the movie doesn't look bad. I think this could be a good move for WWE, because let's face it, pretty much every WWE film has been shit. I've watched every single WWE film, and out of all them, I can only stand to watch The Marine and Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia again. Both of them were kind of cheesy, but they did manage to entertain me, and some of the action scenes weren't too bad. Then there's the really bad. I thought See No Evil, The Marine 2, and The Condemned were all terrible films.

I really do think that this a good move on WWE's part, because as I said earlier, it's not like their action/horror films were a hit. Most of them sucked. So I really don't see a problem with what WWE is doing here. They're going in a different direction, and if Legendary is well received by the critics and the public, then it could be the first step in the right direction for WWE films.

Will you miss the action era of WWE films?

Is this new direction for WWE films a good or bad idea?

I wont miss the films, every one they have made has sucked. Now honestly I wouldnt blame it on the wrestlers, it just seems like every director that WWE consults is absolute shit.

Now I think it is a good idea to be venturing into other genres, that way the wrestlers can see which genre is best suited for them and excel. In some ways though it seems as if the WWE shouldnt even be perusing this, as this seems tailor made to make the eventual good actor found in WWE just jump ship to Hollywood. But its always a good idea to try and go into new fields, and expand your grip on entertainment(sounds so evil lol).

Either way I think this is a positive. I think they should still keep options for action open, but if they are going to do that genre again they need to find a director that isnt total shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back