The 3rd Annual Wrestlezone Tournament Predictions Discussion!

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
*Slyfox note - Spam is allowed in this thread ONLY! **

ECW Bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=310193&tclass=ECW Region

TNA Bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=310193&tclass=TNA Region

WCW Bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=310193&tclass=WCW Region

WWE Bracket: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=310193&tclass=WWE Region

One of the most popular aspects to the NCAA Basketball Tournament is the betting pools. Members of the pool pick who they think will win each game, and the winner gets a prize, whether it be money or bragging rights.

Well, here at WZ, we are going to be bringing that fun and excitement to you. But, not about the NCAA Tournament (at least, not what I'm talking about). Nope, welcome to the 3rd Annual Wrestlezone Tournament betting!

Here's how to do it:

1. Register an account on www.bracketmaker.com
2. Choose your screenname. Make your name be the Screen name you go by on WZ. For example, my name would be Slyfox696. This is so we know who you are, and will avoid duplicate brackets.
3. Go to the bracket. You can find the link for each region at the top of this post, or in each sub-region. Click on that link, and get access to the bracket.
4. Predict It! There will be a link in the top left corner that says "Predict It!". Click on that.
5. Pick your bracket. Choose who you think will win each match up in the first round, and then click "enter" at the bottom. Do the same for every round in the region, until you have chosen an overall winner.
6. Do it again for every region.

No cheating. If you are caught cheating, you will be disqualified. I plan on printing out all brackets before the tournament, so don't think about cheating.

As far as rewards go, we are not sure. We have been discussing some ideas in the Board Room, and will let people know at some point.

The brackets are now open to predict. ALL predictions must be finished and turned in by March 22, 2009 at 12:00 a.m. US Pacific time. If you do not have your predictions done by then, you will be left out. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

EDIT: Predict the ENTIRE tournament, from the first round to the last. If you don't, you will not be able to later.

So we just pick a winner for each braket? Or is there a way to do an overall tourny winner. So do we just predict it to the final 4 or is there a way to combine the brackets?

So we just pick a winner for each braket? Or is there a way to do an overall tourny winner. So do we just predict it to the final 4 or is there a way to combine the brackets?
Predict it to the Final Four.

I haven't figured out how to do a Final Four prediction yet.

Some people seemed to miss this part of my statement, so I will repeat it.

"2. Choose your screenname. Make your name be the Screen name you go by on WZ. For example, my name would be Slyfox696. This is so we know who you are, and will avoid duplicate brackets."

If you win the bracket, but do not use your WZ screenname, then you cannot be in the winner.

I just filled out my brackets, and holy hell it's tough predicting who you think WILL win when you clearly feel the other guy SHOULD win. In a lot of matches, I will be campaigning AGAINST myself because I think there are matches even I won't be able to get somebody past.

I also realized that my final four in the WCW bracket has Hogan vs Cena (wow) and Sting vs Undertaker (wow).

Once we rid ourselves of the "who-are-they?"s, we're in some pretty decent matches. I can't really remember any off the top of my head.

If Sting and Undertaker meet in a WCW ring, I don't see Sting losing. Then it's just a matter of being more popular than Hogan, which I think he is.

I see AJ Styles putting his TNA advantage to good use, taking out both Randy Savage and Ric "leave the memories alone" to claim his home region.

I see Lesnar taking out Vader in the finals of ECW in one of the most heavily anticipated matches of the tournament. Of course, this is if Jeff Hardy doesn't preposterously beat him and if he doesn't taste Sweet Chin Music.

I predict #1 and #2 seeds Bret Hart and Kurt Angle will fend off any upsets long enough to fight in the finals, with Angle coming out on top. Oh, it's true. It's DAMN true!

Just a reminder that the betting for this tournament will be closing in just a couple of days. Get your picks in now!

Predict it to the Final Four.

I haven't figured out how to do a Final Four prediction yet.

Can you just do a bracket, and do "WWE Winner v. TNA Winner" and "WCW Winner v. ECW Winner"? Then you can just take whoever that person had selected to win, and write the name in. It's tedious, but it's an idea.

IC25's Final Four: Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Sting, Vader.

I had Angle, Jericho, Hogan, Vader. Strangely enough, seeds 1-4 are represented with the 1 facing the 4, and the 2 facing the 3.

Can you just do a bracket, and do "WWE Winner v. TNA Winner" and "WCW Winner v. ECW Winner"? Then you can just take whoever that person had selected to win, and write the name in. It's tedious, but it's an idea.
What I'll probably do is just wait to see who the last four are remaining, and then do a new prediction thing.

The Prediction for the brackets are now closed. I will now print all sheets to ensure there is to be no cheating. If you are caught cheating, then you will be disqualified. Anyone who did not fill out a region bracket completely will have that region be deleted.

You may continue using this thread for Bracket talk. This thread will be hard deleted after the tournament is over, to prevent post count ****ing. Spam is allowed in this thread.

Here is a copy of MY bracket, so everyone knows I'm being honest as well.

ECW:
ecw.jpg

TNA:
tna.jpg

WCW:
wcw.jpg

WWE:
wwe.jpg

I have done this now for everyone who completed a bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back