• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

That 70's show/movie???

Taker Sucks

Occasional Pre-Show
I did not find this gem until summer of last year on TEENICK. Let me say since then I have watched every single episode I feel like I was right there in the circle with Hyde, Kelso, Erick, Fez, Jackie, and Donna... My desktop wallpaper is
red_foreman-400x500.jpg

I can honestly say this was, is, and always will be my favorite show of all time. That being said the "last" season felt soo lackluster and like crap to me. I always was Team Erick so seeing Randy was like a slap in the face to all of Star War nerds who worshiped Forman's every move. Randy was a 80's man he did not belong in our cast of 70's. I did love the last episode with DOnna and Erick it meant alot to me ,but the rest of that season made me wanna vomit.

This is why I say we should bring this classic back and do 1 of 2 things

1. Make it a series with all new cast and show them in a new light (maybe their kids) in the '00s show

2. Make a finale movie which would bring all the cast together in the future and bring the stories from point place to a classic beautiful end.

So tell me

What did you think of That 70's Show?

Do you wanna see a return?

Am I stupid for making this thread?

I loved That 70s Show, I still do, but there is no need for a return. It has been gone for so long that I don't think it would have as much success as it once did, plus with the way the characters have aged it's not possible. Sure, the last season had its flaws, but you shouldn't try to go back and "fix" that. The show ended and that's that. It could have worked maybe a year or two after the initial run, but not in 2011.

The show will live on through its fan base and reruns.

Am I the only one that feels they air it too much? It's on like 6 different channels at my house and always seems to be the same few episodes. I used to love it, but not so much anymore. I've gotten bored of it and I think a movie would be awful. Just look at how "That 80's Show" worked out

I was a pretty big fan of this show back when it ran new episodes. Overall, it was great, especially the first two or three seasons. They really captured what adolescence can be like, with the awkwardness of it done quite well. I still watch it every once in a while, usually on Netflix.
God no. The last couple seasons were painful to watch, especially after a few important characters had left the show. Each scene felt like it was written around one or two jokes, usually not very good ones either. The show ended decently, so closure isn't a problem here. I say let it rest in peace.
No, you most certainly are not. I may not agree with resurrecting the show in any way, at least not so soon, but it's not the worst idea I've heard. It's actually nice to hear praise for a show I loved that never seemed to get it.

That 70's Show was one of my favorite shows. That being said.... Bringing it back with a new cast is a terrible idea. Remaking shows with new casts is NEVER a good idea because it never lives up to the legacy of the original. Ever. Just look at All That. They do not need to make a movie to tie up loose ends either. The final episode more or less already did that. Now, if they made a movie with the same cast as adults meeting up again in the future that could be interesting. The show itself is gone though. It had a great run and watching reruns will suffice in my opinon. As much as I liked the show there is no point in bringing it back.

This is why I say we should bring this classic back and do 1 of 2 things

1. Make it a series with all new cast and show them in a new light (maybe their kids) in the '00s show

2. Make a finale movie which would bring all the cast together in the future and bring the stories from point place to a classic beautiful end.

So tell me

1) They already had "THAT 80's Show", I enjoyed it when it was on, but it did shitty in the ratings department and was canned after the first season.

2)Ehhhhhhhhh, I think it's a little too late to try and do something like that. The ship has sailed and I don't really think Topher wants to be associated with the show anymore for the sake of his career

Loved the show to pieces, wasn't able to fully enjoy it until it started making the rounds in syndication around 04 or 05

Not particularly

No, you're fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back